Semroc Centuri Space Shuttle

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kjohnson

mox nix
Reaction score
One of the models I've been working on the last week or so has been the Semroc Shuttle. This is the one with the 2 gliders, not the SST Shuttle.

I haven't quite gotten to the point where it's ready to fly, but it is at least dressed up a bit.

1st pic is the bare balsa and another project.
2nd pic is the booster painted.
3rd pic is the shuttle painted.
4th pic is the full stack all painted.

Since I haven't dug out the charger for my camera since my move, I took these with my Nokia E70, so keep that in mind.

kj

bare.jpg

booster.jpg

shuttle.jpg

stack.jpg

that other project is the estes crusader swing wing glider one of my faverots. and the shuttle looks good too HEHEHE

Looks good. I'd really like to hear how this thing flies. It's always caught my eye and been on the wish list.

Looks good. I'd really like to hear how this thing flies. It's always caught my eye and been on the wish list.

it's been on my wish list too - but the build pile is still high, and the funds are low.

It's the stock power pod, I can always use D10's if the C6's aren't enough grunt. ;)

And thanks for the comments, folks. I was inspired by a recent club meeting presentation to spend a little more time on the finishing of this model.

kj

Last edited:
It's the stock power pod, I can always use D10's if the C6's aren't enough grunt. ;)

And thanks for the comments, folks. I was inspired by a recent club meeting presentation to spend a little more time on the finishing of this model.

kj

I'll bet Plasticote primer figured into that presentation.;):D

Kjohnson....

It looks great! I really like your high visibility paint job too!

Mine hasn't flown yet either.....

Copy of IMG_7291.JPG

Copy of Shuttle 1.JPG

I'll bet Plasticote primer figured into that presentation.;):D

It might have, if I had any. :) No this one was sealed with my favorite- Deft Semi Gloss wood sealer. A few coats of that with some sanding and you get a nice smooth finish. Not glass-like, but then I prefer a little grain in my models.

kj

It might have, if I had any. :) No this one was sealed with my favorite- Deft Semi Gloss wood sealer. A few coats of that with some sanding and you get a nice smooth finish. Not glass-like, but then I prefer a little grain in my models.

kj

Go back and watch your Oscars...:p

KJ, don't fly it yet. Your booster elevons are missing. :eek:

Paper tabs have been added to the booster glider, and back yard throws show a reasonable enough glide (ie, no nose dives or stalls) so the shuttle is just about ready for a full on test flight.

And because I've been working on one of my other projects..

that other project is the estes crusader swing wing glider one of my faverots. and the shuttle looks good too HEHEHE

Here's a couple photos of it. Still needs some touch up work.

kj

02282009(002).jpg

02282009(003).jpg

You have painted the Crusader in one of my favorite paint patterns. Many of the NASA aircraft were done in similiar patterns. My 1/32nd scale PMC of the F-104 was done in those colors.

Getting back to the Semroc Shuttle, are you going to use the stock decals ?

Back