Sem-ROCKS!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zonie

Reaction score
I had a separation on my texas firefly. I sent a note to Semroc asking if they had any PNC's that would fit. They sent me a replacement BNC with a couple of different Eyebolts to use. One is about $10, coarse thread, about an inch long. That should do it.

Cannot beat warranty support like that.

You know, I don't think I've heard of hardly ANYONE among the established rocketry vendors from the biggest of the big down to the basement businessmen, who doesn't make an effort to give good customer service.

It's been a tradition back to the 60s -- even the big companies usually respond quickly and effectively to any problems customers may have.

There have been some exceptions over the years but I guess we'll just leave some of those glaring exceptions nameless. When companies give bad customer service, the customers will vote with their feet. Word gets around. :eyeroll:

So most of those who want to hang around will put in the extra effort to keep people happy. :wink:

They do! Centaur had a problem with the stage coupler and managed to wreck my bird trying to fix it. They offered to send me a whole new kit. I thanked them and said no, I'd buy another and I did...They sent me a freebie kit along with my purchased replacement.:)

You know, I don't think I've heard of hardly ANYONE among the established rocketry vendors from the biggest of the big down to the basement businessmen, who doesn't make an effort to give good customer service.

It's been a tradition back to the 60s -- even the big companies usually respond quickly and effectively to any problems customers may have.
All very true. Semroc carries on this great tradition, which Carl learned from the master himself.

Never had a problem with ANY rocket supplier. Semroc especially goes the extra mile!

Yeah, Estes sent me a new Commanche 3 years ago due to problems with a kit and Aerotech sent me a Sumo and a gift cert for a motor when I had a G80 fail to eject.

We're pretty lucky in this hobby.

I have to admit we are pretty lucky. It seems a lot of industries what passes for 'customer service' is anything but...so it's all the more remarkable to get consistently good service at most of the vendors in this hobby.

I just had another good experience with Semroc just this weekend. Ordered parts that arrived Friday...along with a free START rocket. However, noticed the START rocket precut fins were actually from the Cherokee-C. I let Semroc know about it, no big deal (it was a free rocket after all) on Friday night. By Monday afternoon I had a new set of fins in my hands. Try getting that kind of response from any other company...especially on a weekend!

FC

So if the interstage coupler on my shrike is way too tight, they will replace it?

So if the interstage coupler on my shrike is way too tight, they will replace it?

I dunno. I destroyed mine trying to thin it down and in the process, essentially made my rocket useless. Like I said, they offered to send me a new kit and I turned them down. It was my fault anyway for destroying the lower stage in the process. When I bought the second one, I omitted the inner coupler with the hole for gap staging and just punched a new hole in the outer coupler and it worked like a charm. I cannot say what they will do. I was greatly impressed that they offered! That ratcheted-up my loyalty exponentially. In that regard, they have fantastic customer service.

Sem-RAWKS!!

I had the Space Shuttle and could never get it to fly worth a damn, so they offered to replace it with credit on a new kit. I bought an SLS Arcus from them and haven't yet taken it out of the box, but I am sure it will be a total winner.

We replace anything we sell that you are not satisfied with! Please refer to our guarantee:

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

If you are not 100% satisfied with your Semroc product, we will make it right by providing whatever you consider fair, from refund to replacement.​
We are much too small to not try to make every customer that we have our friend as well.

We replace anything we sell that you are not satisfied with! Please refer to our guarantee:

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

If you are not 100% satisfied with your Semroc product, we will make it right by providing whatever you consider fair, from refund to replacement.​
We are much too small to not try to make every customer that we have our friend as well.

Carl, that is impressive. I will be trying Semroc out very soon. I have nosed around the site a few times. But we are still getting our feet wet so to speak building rockets. But we are getting better and learning more.

Carl, that is impressive. I will be trying Semroc out very soon. I have nosed around the site a few times. But we are still getting our feet wet so to speak building rockets. But we are getting better and learning more.
You owe it to yourself. Quality kits, products and service. On top of that, if you become a SAM, you'll be eligible for some great perks and info.

Last edited:
Back