Seeking Rocketry experts and Volunteers for the 2021 Spaceport America Cup

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocketberger

Launch Director, Spaceport America Cup
Reaction score
ESRA is looking to expand our team of Range Safety, Launch Operations and Volunteer staff.

With over 150 student team applications for review, the 2021 Spaceport America Cup is going to be the largest ever!!! And we would love to have you join us to help these teams safely launch their projects!

The event is June 21st-26th at Spaceport America (just north of Las Cruces, NM) and includes a full-day conference, major aerospace sponsors and rocketry vendors onsite.

Tripoli or NAR High Power Certified rocketeers are needed to help review and inspect these projects as well as staff our launch operations crews. Non-certified volunteers are also needed to help provide support, communications and coordination.

Additional information about the Spaceport America Cup:
https://spaceportamericacup.com/

If interested, click the link below and select the Volunteer Application:
https://www.herox.com/SpaceportAmericaCup2021
2019 Full Team photo.jpg

Thanks fo the info. This is interesting. Are there opportunities for some of us to launch HRR in the area around those dates? If I were to make the trip, it might be nice to get some personal flying in too.

Actually, there are several Tripoli Prefectures in the area. Both Albuquerque and Las Cruces. Not certain when they launch.

In addition, ESRA will be requesting the creation of a Spaceport America Prefecture very soon. It will be a prefecture similar in nature to AeroPac.

Every year, ESRA discusses the option of setting up a launch on the Sunday before as a fun fly for volunteers and an opportunity for students to certify up. No promises since Sunday is also one of our Set-up days. If we can do this, flyers will be asked to help us with setup in order to fly in a "Work to fly" agreement.

We'd love to have you join us!

-Andy Berger
Launch Director, Spaceport America Cup
VP - Experimental Sounding Rocket Association

Thanks fo the info. This is interesting. Are there opportunities for some of us to launch HRR in the area around those dates? If I were to make the trip, it might be nice to get some personal flying in too.

Some additional details on filling out the volunteer application:

If interested, click the link below and follow the steps listed here:
https://www.herox.com/SpaceportAmericaCup2021
1. Click on the Accept the Challenge button
2. Create a HeroX account and use the email to activate it.
3. Login to HeroX with the new account
4. Click on Begin Entry under the VOLUNTEER APPLICATION header

Andy - filled out volunteer application ... look forward to being considered to help out.

Ken Biba
AeroPac
ARLISS
TRA 4965 L3, TAP
NAR 8610 L3

App submitted...I can get to Las Cruces from SD in one day. That's a big mob to wrangle, hope I can help.

Back