See you later

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AfterBurners

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I doubt I'll be showing up on here as often if at all? No time to build rockets and getting into my RC SCT so some something cool. I canceled my NAR membership. No point in paying for something I'm not using and 7 years since my last launch. Yeah I would say I'm not involved. Don't be surprised if you see my junk up for sale on here. see ya.

I doubt I'll be showing up on here as often if at all? No time to build rockets and getting into my RC SCT so some something cool. I canceled my NAR membership. No point in paying for something I'm not using and 7 years since my last launch. Yeah I would say I'm not involved. Don't be surprised if you see my junk up for sale on here. see ya.

Happy Trails... we'll be here for ya. :computer:

Yup, from one Californian to another it is harder to fly out here…at least you have a few areas left down south….up north (BAY AREA) we loose are fields and seem to not find another.

Just wanted to clarify my reasons for leaving and I won't be back. I work full time like most of you do or I would expect you do? I take care of my Mom who is 93. That within itself is a full time job. Over the years I haven't been as active as I would like to be in the hobby, which is a fun hobby. I'm up at 4:30 or 5 every morning doing chores and running errands and even preparing meals for her for the day. Then I walk my dog and when I get home I get ready for work. I get home by 7:30pm . I eat and try to relax, but that is short lived only to be having to do dishes or laundry. Depending how long that takes I'm in bed by 11:30pm. There are some moments of rest I get when I can sit on the patio with my dog and relax with a cold drink. Weekends I have some free time, but it's mostly playing catch up. Sometimes when I do have free time I am so drained from the week I don't want to do anything or have the energy to do it. I canceled my membership only because I haven't attended a launch in 7 years and didn't see a reason to keep it active. I'm probably going to retire in 5-6 years, but who knows where my interests will be at that time? I do have RC nitro trucks, but even entertained the thought of selling them off as well, but would rather keep them because I know I would take a hit if I did? I picked up an electric one recently which is just plug and play and that is pretty fun. No prep and easy to enjoy. Recently my friend from AZ came to visit and he builds rockets too. I gave him my unfinished Sumo rocket because I just didn't have the desire to finish it and it's been sitting for well over a year. So yeah I would say I'm done. Yeah I won't be back. Yes and at some point and time I will sell off everything, but haven't had the time to get through it. So to answer Post #3 and #9 I won't see you next year or the year after that... I greatly enjoyed building friendships on here and learning from some really exceptionally smart members on here. Thank you for everything you taught me. :)

Sorry to see you go. Good luck with everything. But I will tell you, I have had RC trucks, both gas and electric and could never keep them in the air long enough to be happy :(

Just be sure to save your password to TRF somewhere safe... just in case. :)

Stranger things have happened.

Best of luck doing whatever makes you happy.

Back