Securing shock cord knots

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steveo

Reaction score
Thanks for all the input on my REI nylon webbing post:

https://www.rocketryforum.com/threads/rei-tubular-webbing.149435/

I'm tying knots on the webbing to secure to the rocket with quick links. And I'm wondering how or if you all secure your knots. I use a dab of epoxy to secure all my knots. I've even done it on Kevlar - though I've read that is a no-no. Not sure it is necessary, but wanted some insurance to keep the knots from coming undone.

Any other/better methods? Or is it overkill?

Yep - using a water knot with a butterfly knot for the chute. Thanks for the confirmation.

Guess I can skip the epoxy. Of course, to be honest, I'm usually just using up excess epoxy. Yesterday I used some excess to fix a loose tile on our bathroom back-splash. Part of my excuse to work on rockets...can multi-task with home projects.

Epoxy and Kevlar should be fine, considering that's just Kevlar composite - an excellent light and strong building material! Only issues with it are getting epoxy where you don't want it while it cures, and having a stiff/sharp/abrasive bit of your harness.

I think it is CA that is bad for Kevlar and nylon.

Back