Secret Santa Christmas In July 2021

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't yet received a gift. Maybe its still on the way??
Papa Elf ( @n3tjm ) is it possible you could inquire if something is on the way or maybe tracking details?

Your Secret Santa has never reported in. I sent him a message hoping to see if he responds. Sorry I dropped the ball on this, I was thinking your Santa was someone else. If anyone wants to help, please PM me an we can make sure mikewrt gets taken care of.

Well the Dogs shivered through another Fourth of July in the war zone that is our Neighborhood !!
Hope you all had a good 4th Of July.......... No Missing Digits ???

Well the Dogs shivered through another Fourth of July in the war zone that is our Neighborhood !!
Hope you all had a good 4th Of July.......... No Missing Digits ???

No missing digits here.
We only had one fireworks dealer in town and he raised his prices to reflect that. I wouldn't even do fireworks anymore if it wasn't for my daughter. She loves it. It is usually just too hot to fool with em. This year it was a bit cooler and actually tolerable.

Well, sorry for the late reply. A lot going on lately.

Anyhoot, I now have Square Rockets!!!
Secret Santa_CIJ-Small.jpg

I been wanting some NewWay rockets for a looooong time.

Many many Thanks to my Secret Santa. You Rock!!

Which Santa contacted you? You might have a few gifts on the way to you. Sorry for the delay, been a little busy =)

Yes I've been very busy as well and too apologize for the delay reporting in.

End of last week I received a package from eRockets that I didn't order. Santa has delivered!
Along with a very nice Merry Christmas note (our vendors are great!) I received much needed and appreciated assembly tools.
Including sanding tee and extra paper, sharpening stone, magnifying tweezers, and various sized and shape knife blades. Very cool!
Also included was 100lb Kevlar and to top it off a MX Blue Bird and MX Cherokee kits. So awesome!
Thank you so much Santa you are very generous!

:christmastree: 🎅

PXL_20210709_193551046.jpg
PXL_20210712_105812186.jpg

Last edited:
Another unknown package arrived yesterday??? 🤔
I cautiously opened it up and it didn't explode so I felt safe digging further and found a flightsketch mini altimeter!
Holy Cow! 🤓
I believe there is a/are rogue Santa(s) among us and I'm guessing Papa Elf had a part in this.
Thank you all very much and Merry CIJ!

Very cool! We want to see some flight data from that new altimeter and keep us updated on the tomcat!
Tomcat coming along slowly.
I'm glad I took this picture and came here to do an update. As soon as I looked at this, I realized my flaps were upside down and had to dash back to the bench and flip sides before the glue set up.

IMG_0802.jpg

Tomcat coming along slowly.
I'm glad I took this picture and came here to do an update. As soon as I looked at this, I realized my flaps were upside down and had to dash back to the bench and flip sides before the glue set up.

View attachment 473112

Looks good! The assembly fixtures are a nice touch and help out a lot keeping the alignment and angles. Its been too long and I can't remember if the Estes original kit included alignment tools? Glad you caught those flaps before they set up!

Looks good! The assembly fixtures are a nice touch and help out a lot keeping the alignment and angles. Its been too long and I can't remember if the Estes original kit included alignment tools? Glad you caught those flaps before they set up!
the flaps themselves were glued a couple days ago. but the pic is bottom view. I realized I had swapped left/right side tubes. it was just the flaps that gave it away.

Life's been a bit crazy over the last month or so. I did receive my gift from SS and they must be a mind reader!

I had built a Nano Magg a bit ago and lost it to a river (I actually chased it for miles but it would never get close enough to the bank to get it!) and been wanting to get another one. I love the Magg series and medium power. Can't wait to build this! Thanks Secret Santa!!!!

20210714_191751.jpg
20210714_191916_01.jpg

ife's been a bit crazy over the last month or so. I did receive my gift from SS and they must be a mind reader!

I had built a Nano Magg a bit ago and lost it to a river (I actually chased it for miles but it would never get close enough to the bank to get it!) and been wanting to get another one. I love the Magg series and medium power. Can't wait to build this! Thanks Secret Santa!!!!
Oh good to see you shawn. We hadn't heard from you for quite a while and were getting a bit worried.
I love the Magg. I have a 4" one. Probably my favorite bird.

I am not the only one who hasn't figured out his "Secret Santa" yet, .....am I ?
Was checking out the cool Super Big Bertha Kit today !!

Thank you again !!

I like to think it's ether some little elf-being thing...

Or I just happened to get a mis-shipment that happens to coincide with a favorite hobby, at these particular times of the year..

I don't need to guess. They know I'm happy with what I got. :D

Ok this is getting ridiculous! Came home late this past Monday and in the shadows by the front door is a package..... with my TRF handle on the top FROM my SS. WHAT IN THE WORLD!! 😂 Open it up right away and inside I find a very nice note from my SS, a LOC Hi-Tech, a MX Cherokee and a flight sketch mini!!!!!! HOLY COW!!!! o_O😍 I've never built or flown a LOC kit before, but from what I see though the packaging me likey. Looks like nice high quality parts! I'm going to have to move the MX and this LOC kit up in the build que and try em out!

Our community is absolutely 100% amazing and I feel very very over spoiled to the point I feel bad. Thank you so much to @shawn_rocket and the other unknown conspirators. (If @n3tjm would spill the beans on the conspirators I would send you a personal thank you.) I will be sending a note to Papa Elf, asking him to distribute to those involved, that I want to remain off the pubic forum and away from the eyes of the google bots.

Thank you all very very much and Merry Christmas in July!!!

Attachments

• PXL_20210720_034731945.jpg
    PXL_20210720_034731945.jpg
    266.1 KB · Views: 15
Back