Secret Santa Christmas In July 2021

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing has shown up yet. Meh not a big deal. Just means I don't have to stare at a package I can't open wondering what goodies lie within. :wavingsanta:

The conspirators' gift was last, yesterday, seen in Memphis. Let's hope they fixed the loop that caught The Wanderer for so long. It's heading a different way, so maybe that will help. Where is it now? All bets are off.

So based on my past experiences... my guess is going be the conspirators conspired at AC Supply? Every time I order from them it takes 2-3 weeks to get my stuff :(. Not their fault. They ship in a timely manner, its just the mail takes forever...

it's 'shake the box' day!

one more day...
anticipation..
hope..
joy...
wonder...
guessing...
shake the box a bit...
rotate the box slowly about it's 3 axis to listen to stuff sliding about inside....

it's 'shake the box' day!

one more day...
anticipation..
hope..
joy...
wonder...
guessing...
shake the box a bit...
rotate the box slowly about it's 3 axis to listen to stuff sliding about inside....

Any guesses what lies within? Doesn't it make you feel like a kid again? I love it!

I received a bonus gift yesterday. A gift certificate to MoreRockets.com ... a big discount on that swing wing glider on my wish list.
I'll play nice and wait til Sunday to order.

wonder...
guessing...
shake the box a bit...
when we were kids we'd put rocks in the boxes just so they'd make noise when recipients shook the boxes.
just saying... don't shake too much.. those rocks could be destructive ;)

I received a bonus gift yesterday. A gift certificate to MoreRockets.com ... a big discount on that swing wing glider on my wish list.
I'll play nice and wait til Sunday to order.

If you haven't already seen this thread by @Wally Ferrer might be of interest to you.
https://www.rocketryforum.com/threads/my-the-tomcat-by-morerockets-build.165143/
when we were kids we'd put rocks in the boxes just so they'd make noise when recipients shook the boxes.
just saying... don't shake too much.. those rocks could be destructive ;)

Soooo mean yet I know some folks that liked pulling tricks like this!

Got a package from Wildman. Box says F51-10N% QTY:12 on it but I'm pretty sure that he was just recycling a box :p. Now to wait till tomorrow :D.

Got a package from Wildman. Box says F51-10N% QTY:12 on it but I'm pretty sure that he was just recycling a box :p. Now to wait till tomorrow :D.

Maybe.... or maybe not 🤔
Guess you'll just have to wait and see!
So awesome the package arrived just in time!
Merry Julymas! :wavingsanta:

Is the ordered/received list up to date?

I got a little disheartened at one point. It hit one distribution center twice, thought it was entering into a loop.

I'm shocked.
No one on the East coast opening their gifts yet? Wow. Usually there is someone waiting till the stroke of midnight.

Can't believe I'm the first one here. I'm on the west coast.

I got this item which was my #1 wish and top of the list, as well as a nice discount gift card via email for a tomcat swing wing. The little dino wrap is a beautiful bonus I didn't even think about.

I've got the most awesome santa ever. THANK YOU

IMG_0794.jpg

Can't believe I'm the first one here. I'm on the west coast.

I got this item which was my #1 wish and top of the list, as well as a nice discount gift card via email for a tomcat swing wing. The little dino wrap is a beautiful bonus I didn't even think about.

I've got the most awesome santa ever. THANK YOU

Very cool! We want to see some flight data from that new altimeter and keep us updated on the tomcat!

I opened mine after breakfast this morning (and after teh usual early morning grocery shopping run, to avoid the crazies who go later!)

A warm hearted thank you to my S/S
I got three wished for items:

Rocketarium Kilter & Mega Rebel*
Quest Harpoon

Super Most excellent! Thank you!

*planning to either Monokote this one, or panel it with balsa.. anyone ever do that?

edit:
and the cat has a new box to play in! :D double bonus!!

Last edited:
Opened up my gift this morning and I got a Loki Research 54mm tailcone! It will come in handy for my TBA L3 I've been working on. Since it came directly from Loki Research, I can't begin to guess who my secret Santa was, but whoever you are, thank you!

Merry July 4th! Stoked when I looked at the box and saw it was from Wildman! Appears to be a Jart kit?? I have been eyeing one of these for weeks as an intro into fiberglass! I’m very excited to get it together.
Thank you, Secret Santa! This is awesome

Attachments

• CC4A4C76-5921-45C9-BADE-74839D97B7FC.jpeg
    CC4A4C76-5921-45C9-BADE-74839D97B7FC.jpeg
    62 KB · Views: 11
I just want to say thank you to all the conspirators :). I opened up the box from Wildman and found the following. An RMS 29/120 motor hardware set, and a G77 Redline and a G79 White Lightning Reload :). I understand why their is no G25 load in the box, costs a lot to ship those.... but one of these days.... a G25 would be MINE!.

Attachments

• RMS 29-120 and loads.jpg
    RMS 29-120 and loads.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 7
I opened mine at 12:01AM because at 7am I hit the road to come back to my parents as their neighborhood puts on a real good show. Got a bunch of Loc Precision kits. I love the little ones too and my girlfriend has claimed one to build herself :D
20210704_070317[1].jpg
The magnum I shall make an Ebay for since it has a coupler and second tube, and will use it to test my super tiny altimeter I got and try dual deploy with it. This will be practice for an eventual minimum diameter (or sub not sure yet) using EX 18mm casings

Back