Secret Santa Christmas In July 2021

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today is supposed to be the final day to sign up. We currently have 12 participants. Should I extend the deadline another week or keep tonight as the cutoff? List is updated

I have mixed feelings- I'll be away from home for all of July, so 'wrapping' this up sooner is better as far as logistics for me. But the more the 'merrier' as well. Delay it and I likely might not be here to receive anything, but I will have no issues giving... :wavingsanta:

Today is supposed to be the final day to sign up. We currently have 12 participants. Should I extend the deadline another week or keep tonight as the cutoff? List is updated

Looks like there were 19 Santa's for CIJ 2020. Tough call... more participants would be nice but on the other hand that would leave 2 weeks to research wish list, place an order, ship/deliver by 7/3. Maybe split the difference, extend 3 days and call it?? :dontknow: Papa Elf you set the rules, I feel the decision is yours.

Call it. Let's get this party started.

Yeah, there were a few late arrivals, me being one, but I figure it's been open plenty long enough for everyone to sign up. Even if you keep it open another week there will still be one or two chime in afterwards with regrets on missing it.

If there are some regular participants that have yet to sign up it wouldn't hurt to reach out to those individuals in case they missed it (unlikely) or are undecided and just need a nudge to help them decide; but I suspect that has been done.

If there are some regular participants that have yet to sign up it wouldn't hurt to reach out to those individuals in case they missed it (unlikely) or are undecided and just need a nudge to help them decide; but I suspect that has been done.

I did send out an e-mail to all the participants of the last Secret Santa (minus the ones that already signed up) a week or two ago. Got a couple responses from that. A few signed up, a few said thanks for the invitation but they have to pass this time around.

I think I am going call it. People can still sign up until I get up in the morning and get the party started.

Why didn’t I make it in? I responded to the email you sent me

if you responded to the e-Mail I sent instead of sending your entry to the secret Santa email, that is why you were missed. Outlook was supposed to send those emails out using the SS email, but intstead it used my work email. Unfortunately you were missed. Respond to my pm and I’ll see if I can find your entry.

That being said, I need someone to volunteer to be Jbrracer’s Santa. Please pm me if you can do that. Thanks everyone who responded to this. A Santa has been selected!

Thanks!

Last edited:
@MikeyDSlagle I'm sure a few fit that bill! And I've recently had a hard time recently finding bicycle parts!

@n3tjm Would you settle for a bag-full of random G-H motors, to equal an O? (just tape them all together..) Just think of that for a second: multiply multi colour flames, random ejections firing throughout the flight..

@Tobor Only if you don't plan! :D

To my receipient: the [coveted] quantum singularity is now available, and on special at 20% off!! Bonus!! But shipping is still a pain though..

Conspirators, or would be Conspirators, a plot is afoot. Message me to take part. I'll close the pot day after Father's Day.
Anyone who doesn't know what I am talking about, message me for details.
I'm traveling ATM but I'll respond as quickly as I can.
Thanks

@n3tjm Would you settle for a bag-full of random G-H motors, to equal an O? (just tape them all together..) Just think of that for a second: multiply multi colour flames, random ejections firing throughout the flight..

Lol. But lets say someone would actually do this: It would be a lot cheaper and a lot more reliable to just buy an O motor :p. Statistically speaking, you'll have some motors detonate, some blow their nozzles, some have a forward bulkhead failure, several that don't start, and some motors having a hang fire. :p

Well, I don't remember ordering anything, but lo and behold, An Amazon Box arrived with "Just a hint of Rocketry" in the the return address ..........
I have to assume its a gift from Santa !! Oh July seems SOOOO far away now !!

I took the family on a small vacation and just getting back today. Got started looking at my recipient's list and decided to go with the first (only) item on the list. Unfortunately it likely won't be arrive in time. So I'll have to find something else.

Also, for those lost with all this conspirator talk:
Papa Elf doesn't participate in the exchanging of gifts. For those who don't think much about it, keeping an event like this going takes quite a bit of time and effort, for which he may or may not get a gift. Often someone will go out on their own and send him a gift, but that doesn't always happen. Some time back I started taking donations simply to ensure he gets something, and so one person doesn't foot the entire bill. Every little bit helps.

We are the self-proclaimed conspirators. And as such we get to speak in cool, secretive subterfuge talk.

Got a package from Buyrocketmotors.com. Since I've never ordered from them I can be marked as received.

So here's what we know.....:wavingsanta:
The motorman doesn't sell CTI;
and the box isn't marked "toy rocket propellant";
and the box is too small for a 4" kit and way too small for a Bruiser (dang, lol)
That will leave the smaller LOCs. I'll guess a Nano Magg, Onyx, or Lil Nuke, leaning toward Nano Magg 😁 😁 😁 But I have been known to be wrong...from time to time.

Okay there is something I neglected to request of my SS, "Hold for pickup". This is because none of the national shippers have access to my apartment building, including USPS (for anything that cannot fit through a mail slot). Because of this, most delivery personnel leave packages outside of the front entrance!!! In Chicago, an unattended package will remain in place for only 20 minutes to an hour before some jerk will help themselves to it.

So, to my Secret Santa, please please please forward the shippers tracking number to Papa Elf. This way he can pass it along to me the evening before/morning of delivery and I can just take the day off of work to receive the package.

Thanks!

Back