Secret Santa Christmas In July 2021

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n3tjm

Papa Elf
Reaction score
Secret Santa Christmas In July 2021
(SIGN UP IS CLOSED)

Rules:

- First Rule of Secret Santa CIJ is talk about Secret Santa CIJ! Speaking of Rules, Read the Rules!

- DO NOT PARTICIPATE IF YOU HAVE NO INTENTION OF SENDING A GIFT OR REPORTING IN

- Signup deadline will be June 11th at 11:59pm. You will be contacted via e-mail with your recipient’s name, TRF handle, address, and wish list.

- Feel free to post your wish list within this thread too. It is fun to see what other people are wishing for.

- You are encouraged to change your signature to advertise this event.

- Buy a gift for your recipient. How much you spend is up to you. Don’t feel obligated to spend more than you can comfortably afford. Vendors wishing to participate can post their sales here.

- Contact Papa Elf and let him know the gift is ordered.

- Receive your gift and report you got something in the mail.

- July 4th - open your gift! Woe to the one that opens their gift early!

- Post whatcha got and guess who sent it. Don’t forget to say thanks.

How To Sign Up!:

If you want to participate, send an e-mail titled "Secret Santa CIJ 2021" to "[email protected]".

In the e-mail, include the following information:

TRF Handle:

Address:

Phone #:

Wishlist:

Please start a new line for each field, this makes it easier to enter the data into Papa Elf's spread sheet of good boys and girls. Your Phone number will remain private, Papa Elf just needs it in case he needs to contact you.

Example:

N3tjm <Enter>

Douglas Gardei <Enter>

137 Penn View Drive <Enter>

Middleburg, PA 17842 <Enter>

555-555-5555 <Enter>

Wishlist: Nar Membership Renewal. Motors Hardware: RMS 24/40, 24/60, 29/40-120 motor harware. I really would love a RMS 29/120 motor and Aerotech 54/852-1706 set. Extra Closures including an Extended Closure. RMS 38/ 360 and 720 with the floating bulkhead. Motors & Reloads: Quest Q-Jets C18-4W's, D20-4W's, D22-4W's, E26-7W's. F52-5C motors. Reloads for RMS 18/20, 24/40, 24/60, 29/40-120 (D13-7W, E18-7W, F35-5W, E23-5T, G53-5FJ, G64-4W, G76-4G), G25-10W, K550 Reload. I205DMS, L1000 DMS (Wishful Thinking). RMS 98/10240 and M1939 reload (Really wishful thinking, but I would love to fly my L3 rocket again, and actually see it fly unlike my L3 cert flight.). Loki: 38/120 motor and G69 and G80 Loads. 240, 480, and 740 motor. Estes Blast off Flight Pack. E12-0, E16-0. E16-4, F15-6 motors. Electronics: Missileworks RRC2+ Altimeter, Quark Eggtimer, Jolly Logic Chute Release. Eggtimer Quantum, Eggtimer GPS Tracker/Flight computer 70cm Ham Version (my call sign is N3TJM), Eggfinder LCD Handheld Reciever 70cm Ham Version with LCD-GPS Module. Rockets: Aerotech: Mega Initiator, Arreauxbee-Hi, G-Force. Apogee: Saturn 1B, Saturn V (Wishful Thinking). Estes: 1/100 Saturn V, Saturn V Skylab, Astrocam, Door Knob, Nike Smoke PS, Super Big Bertha, Designer Kit Special. Dynasoar - IntR/Ceptor, Nasa SLS, Spyplane, X-plane RC Kits. Loc: EZI-65, Bruiser-EXP3, Hi-Tech H45, Mega Magg, 5.5” Phoenix, Vulcanite H76, Warlock. Pemberton Technologies: Bucky Jones, Space Ark. Others: AMW Gift Certificate. Hobbylinc Gift Certificate. Performance Hobbies Gift Certificate. Gift visa to buy Gas. Anything from Wildman. Anything you think Papa & Mrs Elf would like.

Have Fun!

Papa Elf

Last edited:
I'm in! Email sent soon as I touch up a wish list.

Edit: Email away!

Edit #2: Included wish list below

Estes Kits - Ghost Chaser, Red Nova, Black Brant II, Patriot, Big Daddy, Nova Payloader, Super Neon, Sidekick
Semroc Kits - MMX Bluebird, MMX Cherokee, MMX Fat Boy, MMX Goblin
Any kit in your stash you want someone to have fun with or surprise of your choice.
Estes motors - 1/4A3 to B or bulk packs (No A3-4Ts please, already have plenty)
Quest motor - Q-Jet A3-4, Q-Jet B4-4
Electronics - Flightsketch Mini
Recovery Parts - Low power kevlar (150 lb or less)
Tools - #11 knife blades, #2 knife blades, Apogee Sanding T, magnifier, other assembly tools you find useful
Funds to put towards NAR Membership, gift cards to Rocketry Works, eRockets, Hobby Lobby, other rocket suppliers/vendors, etc., gift cards to Home Depot or Walmart to be used towards sandpaper, primer, paint etc.

Last edited:
Normally I don't do this, but if anyone is thinking about sending Papa Elf something this CCIJ, that Memorial Day Special at BuyRocketMotors.com looks real sweeeet.

Now back to our normally scheduled programing

So far only 6 people have signed up for Secret Santa CIJ. Less than 2 weeks to sign up! I would love to see more people sign up.

One week left to sign up.. and still only got 6 people sign up. People just not interested in CIJ? I might extend the sign up deadline, but I wanted allow plenty of time for shipping due to packages still taking forever to get to their destination.

One week left to sign up.. and still only got 6 people sign up. People just not interested in CIJ? I might extend the sign up deadline, but I wanted allow plenty of time for shipping due to packages still taking forever to get to their destination.

Bummer to hear, I'm not sure what to say... maybe I scared everyone away? I agree allowing plenty of time for gift selection and shipping.

I'll be joining. Just trying to get a list together.
Why is no one putting their lists here? Don't wanna be called out for all the expensive stuff? Ehh?! 😁

Well I have put L - O motors on my Wishlist, so if there is anyone deserving a call out, that would be me :p

WHAT!? Are you nuts? Nobody gonna get ya those. You are just wasting time wishing for that! Sheesh. :wavingsanta:
There, you have been called out.

same as Christmas I am willing to make deals on loc stuff, quest and aerotech.

Good ta know. Just to clear it up, Quest and Aerotech rocket kits, motors and hardware, or all of the above?
As always there will be LOC on my list. Still waiting for the generous Santa to get me that IROC, Big Nuke or Bruiser; and now I'll wish for the Skinwalker as well.

Historically, CIJ always draws a smaller crowd. Probably because people would prefer to advantage of the holiday sales around Christmas time.

Okay email away. I am officially in.

Here is my wish list. As usual it is a living document so I will probably update it over the next week or so. I am recovering from LASIK and my vision hasn't adjusted quite yet so I am limiting my screen time and there is likely typos.

Gonna farther branch out in CTI. I have a cluster in the works that would love some Pro29s, either 1, 2, or 3 grain. A couple of my rockets have flown most, if not all, of the other 38/240s and 38/360s, now they need to fly on CTI. And who doesn't love 1grain 54s?
CTI Pro54 1grain case (I have a closure), Pro29 starter set, Pro38 2grain case, Pro38 3grain case
Eggtimer Telemetry Package with LCD; Eggtimer Quantum; Eggfinder Mini Tx
3" Quantum Tube, 4" Quantum Tube
LabRat Shockcord Protective Sleeve for Eggtimer Mini, with eyebolt

I am pretty set on kits, but there are a few that I will graciously accept of course
LOC: any size (Nano, Micro, Mini) Magg - bigger the better; T-Loc, Onyx, Lil Nuke --- Bruiser, IROC, Big Nuke
Binder Design Jackhammer

WHAT!? Are you nuts? Nobody gonna get ya those. You are just wasting time wishing for that! Sheesh. :wavingsanta:
There, you have been called out.

Good ta know. Just to clear it up, Quest and Aerotech rocket kits, motors and hardware, or all of the above?
As always there will be LOC on my list. Still waiting for the generous Santa to get me that IROC, Big Nuke or Bruiser; and now I'll wish for the Skinwalker as well.

Historically, CIJ always draws a smaller crowd. Probably because people would prefer to advantage of the holiday sales around Christmas time.

everything aerotech motors kits hardware everything just going to depend on what your after and what I have in stock.

Ok, I'll share-

Wishlist:
I love everything related to rocketry, from MMX to full HPR- I'm currently L1, moving up to L2 is a goal I have for 2021.

Any retro-repro from MoreRockets would be great,paired with a super up scale would be awesome. Any or all of the Sirius Rocketry Interrogators. Apogee Flying Machine, Texas Twister, Zephyr, SR72 Darkbird, Rotary Revolution, International Thermal Sailor..Rocketarium Black Brant IVB-30 Hawaii, Aster-15 2 stage, Tankbuster, 18mm and 24mm aluminum motor retainers.

OneBadHawk 9/16" tubular nylon harness w/ Kevlar Sleeve- 2 loop, 3 loop, both?, Bamachutes Rotofoils, any and all sizes

Any Q-jets- seen the 24 mm ones yet? this is a new add to the list...

:wavingsanta: :christmastree:

Last edited:
Here is the official list of people that signed up for Secret Santa Christmas in July.

Alan R
BruceS
Dr_wogz
Glasspack
Jbrracer
Mikewrt
MikeyDSlagle
Rc dude
Shawn_rocket
Tobor
Wally Ferrer
Winn

Updated 6/14/21 5:50 PM EST

Last edited:
Email sent!

Wishlist: Loki Research 54mm tailcone (#1 on my wishlist!), Loki Research gift card, Bay Area Rocketry gift card, any fiberglass kit, Fruitychutes gift card, Soller Composites gift card, Aerotech H13, anything else you think I'd like. (I like anything that goes high or fast)

Back