Secret Santa Christmas In July 2020

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh good grief.

July 5, 2020
In Transit to Next Facility
Your package is moving within the USPS network and is on track to be delivered to its final destination. It is currently in transit to the next facility.

So.... my guess is as good as their's. LOL

Oh good grief.

July 5, 2020
Your package is moving within the USPS network and is on track to be delivered to its final destination. It is currently in transit to the next facility.

I haven't asked for my tracking number, but I am suffering enough vicariously through you, Mikey... 🤔 :angiefavorite:

Unlikely. Usually when it leaves Shreveport it'll go straight to Leesville and then come on in; sometimes it'll go through Alexandria first.
If it left Shreveport headed in the right direction then it should be in tomorrow.

I opened my gift this evening.

When I posted the box in our fb group, our club president said it was full of pretzels.

This doesn't look like a pretzel to me.

It looks like a BT-50 AMRAAM AIM 120 from Mach1 Rocketry. this will be my first fiberglass rocket and oh boy, will I have questions.

To whomever my Secret Santa is, thank you very much. This is moving to the top of the build pile right after I finish my Mega Initiator and Super Neon XL.

IMG_20200706_191351.jpg

My tree looks much better now!

IMG_7974.JPGIMG_7982.JPG

I had no idea who my Secret Santa was and might have guessed Scott since he finally opened his gift. A closer inspection of the invoice reveals an email address, so from one Santa to another, I say thanks UPscaler!!! This 54mm casing was the best gift on my list and I truly feel like a kid on Christmas... :christmastree: :goodjob:

IMG_7981.JPG

To whomever my Secret Santa is, thank you very much. This is moving to the top of the build pile right after I finish my Mega Initiator and Super Neon XL.

I'm sure your Secret Santa says you're very welcome and I'm, I mean, he's probably really glad to find out that this was a good choice. ;)

Ok, I've got it narrowed down to 8 (lol). But I think it's from............................hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............(stalling, stalling, looking directly above this post)..........

dr wogz

In my mailbox yesterday was a white bubble mailer. Got kinda excited because, as many of you know, that is the preferred shipping method of Eggtimer. Only this time it wasn't Eggtimer, was something for the near-wife.
But my gift is at a local PO, so it should be in the mailbox by the time I get home.

This takes the secret out of it but had to post this... it just so happened that I ordered from the same place that my santa ordered from (exact same product - never owned one before)... when i got a copy of my invoice it had a message on it from the manufacture. (Sorry for the sideways picture)A1CE7976-AFAA-476F-94D8-2B86873F1AE1.jpeg

Attachments

• A5C8DBE6-14A8-4502-9EA3-E0B59CACB8FA.jpeg
    A5C8DBE6-14A8-4502-9EA3-E0B59CACB8FA.jpeg
    78.3 KB · Views: 3
Oh good grief.

July 5, 2020

Its being delivered today.....we can open gifts together......

USPS expected arrival by 8:00pm for item 9400128206335234379762. Latest status Out for Delivery 07/07/2020 7:10am xxxxxxxxx

Mike,
Merry July Christmas !!
albeit....a few days late.

Hope you like.......

I've got to give a massive thanks to n3tjm for keeping this tradition going and letting me be included since shipping for my santa's to the UK is a pain.

:eggnog:

Would you believe it is just as cheap to have it shipped to the UK as it is to buy from someone based in the UK, what with conversion fees, price increases and what not. . . Or so I'm told. 😉

It took 13 days to get there. 6 of those days were spent in L.A.

@Glasspack
Yeah it should be at the house when I get there. I may know where it is coming from but still don't know what it is. Can hardly wait! Merry CIJ to you too!

My tree looks much better now!

View attachment 423570View attachment 423571

I had no idea who my Secret Santa was and might have guessed Scott since he finally opened his gift. A closer inspection of the invoice reveals an email address, so from one Santa to another, I say thanks UPscaler!!! This 54mm casing was the best gift on my list and I truly feel like a kid on Christmas... :christmastree: :goodjob:

View attachment 423572
Dang it! I tried to get them to play the cover-up game but it doesn't always go too well.

Glad you like it! Sorry it arrived late.

Braden

Dang it! I tried to get them to play the cover-up game but it doesn't always go too well.

When a sender gives no hints or never says anything at all, its just a blind guessing game. LAME!

All I've got to go on is IF someone posted when they ordered, or was already revealed, and that leaves my list at:
@markschnell , @Karl , @Tobor , @rc dude , and @BruceS

When a sender gives no hints or never says anything at all, its just a blind guessing game. LAME!

All I've got to go on is IF someone posted when they ordered, or was already revealed, and that leaves my list at:
@markschnell , @Karl , @Tobor , @rc dude , and @BruceS
That’s what I’m going on, too. 4 left, but I don’t have my list in front of me to guess right now.

And now I realize I didn’t give any hints, either. But I didn’t know I was supposed to. This was my first time! I thought I was supposed to keep quiet. Now I think maybe I should give a hint. Or maybe not? I don’t know, I’m back and forth on it. One or the other. It’s a binary thought process. I should make up my mind....No, I’m not going to give a hint. Sorry, guy. You’ll have to figure it out on your own.

Now that I know My Recipient has his gift in the mailbox at home...….USPS Tracking shows it delivered at 10:30a.m.
I am excited to open my Secret Santa Gift !! Thank You, Thank You Santa !! I have a new Estes Heat seeker (One Of My Favorite models) to build so I can replace the lost one !!! And a bottle of Dog Barf for recovery wadding...… ALWAYS wanted to try that stuff...… Now I can! And even a bonus model ….
from a company I never heard of... New Way Rocketry: Silent Knight Model.
Heat Seeker. .jpgDogbarf .jpgSilent Knight  .jpg

Thank you Secret Santa ……… Nytrunner am I correct its you ??

Back