Secret Santa Christmas In July 2020

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Build it light enough and cluster those Q-Jets. We had a guy from Arkansas come to Goldmine and fly his L1 with a Sumo. Very nice looking rocket. I hope it serves you well. Didn't realize AT kits were so complete. Pretty good bargain it seems.

We took in a nice collection this time around, even more than in December, with fewer participants overall. Everyone's generosity is amazing. Everything went much smoother this time as well.

Thanks to Chris Short of Chris' Rocket Supplies, LLC. For one he happened to have a good sale on that particular kit. Then he broke down the invoice and sent it two different ways so that one conspirator could contribute with no associated fees. Then of course he sent it out the next day. Back in December he gave us a big discount on the AT hardware for a gift, or we wouldn't have been able to get very much.

Lots of nice gifts so far. After a little detective work (I already know who my Santa is) I have been able to figure out who my gift is coming from. I don't know exactly what will arrive but it is coming from Eggtimer. . . So yay for me.

"Good thing come to those who wait"

While out walking our dog, I popped by our mail box (we don't have mail boxes on our houses anymore, we need to go to a 'community box') I got my NAR membership card! Wuhooo!

Build it light enough and cluster those Q-Jets. We had a guy from Arkansas come to Goldmine and fly his L1 with a Sumo. Very nice looking rocket. I hope it serves you well. Didn't realize AT kits were so complete. Pretty good bargain it seems.

We took in a nice collection this time around, even more than in December, with fewer participants overall. Everyone's generosity is amazing. Everything went much smoother this time as well.

Thanks to Chris Short of Chris' Rocket Supplies, LLC. For one he happened to have a good sale on that particular kit. Then he broke down the invoice and sent it two different ways so that one conspirator could contribute with no associated fees. Then of course he sent it out the next day. Back in December he gave us a big discount on the AT hardware for a gift, or we wouldn't have been able to get very much.

Lots of nice gifts so far. After a little detective work (I already know who my Santa is) I have been able to figure out who my gift is coming from. I don't know exactly what will arrive but it is coming from Eggtimer. . . So yay for me.
Mike,

The package is in Shreveport!!

Only got off work an hour late today, not as bad as I was expecting. After a good cookout and a short firework show for my son, the time has come to open the package that has been sitting in the corner.

PSX_20200704_220641.jpg

Santa was especially generous this Summer. I had a variety of things on my list and I was gifted the item I was most excited about. He sent a Darkstar Mini kit with a package of rail button and an Aeropack. I have big plans to round out my growing Darkstar fleet with the Darkstar Nemesis. This will be a minimum diameter mini, with a Loki 38-740 case in mind if I can squeeze drogue recovery into 3.5" of 38mm tubing. If that is too tight, I have the 480 case. Don't worry, I also have just the right project for the motor mount and retainer too.

But Santa wasn't done yet. He also included a pair of Wizards for a father / son drag race. I know we will have a lot of fun building those together.

My Santa did include his name, so no guessing needed. Wally. Thank you very much for the wonderful gifts. We will have a lot of fun building and launching these. Be on the lookout for build notes for the Darkstar Nemesis to join my fleet and we will see who's Wizard flies the best soon.

Edit: I can even use the Kraft packing paper with some wheat paste for my stick rocket build. Nothing goes to waste. Do you think the box will fly with fins? ;)

Thanks again.

Only got off work an hour late today, not as bad as I was expecting. After a good cookout and a short firework show for my son, the time has come to open the package that has been sitting in the corner.

View attachment 423313

Santa was especially generous this Summer. I had a variety of things on my list and I was gifted the item I was most excited about. He sent a Darkstar Mini kit with a package of rail button and an Aeropack. I have big plans to round out my growing Darkstar fleet with the Darkstar Nemesis. This will be a minimum diameter mini, with a Loki 38-740 case in mind if I can squeeze drogue recovery into 3.5" of 38mm tubing. If that is too tight, I have the 480 case. Don't worry, I also have just the right project for the motor mount and retainer too.

But Santa wasn't done yet. He also included a pair of Wizards for a father / son drag race. I know we will have a lot of fun building those together.

My Santa did include his name, so no guessing needed. Wally. Thank you very much for the wonderful gifts. We will have a lot of fun building and launching these. Be on the lookout for build notes for the Darkstar Nemesis to join my fleet and we will see who's Wizard flies the best soon.

Thanks again.
I handed it over without a return address, then the guy at the UPS store asked for my phone number, and I failed to consider the implications of that, oh well... Please enjoy!

I haven't opened my gift yet. I will wait until my recipient receives his (hopefully tomorrow). The package is relatively close AFAICT.

I take it there are still five of us who haven't yet received our bounty, but you shouldn't feel a need to wait. It's a nice sentiment, but we want to know what Santa sent you! :wavingsanta:

Ummmmm not a lot of clues to go on so I'm going to make my first shoot from the hip guess at my secret Santa.....

I'm guessing @rc dude is my secret Santa
Nope not me!

I opened mine yesterday but then got too busy to post here right away. From my Secret Santa I received a 75mm fiberglass motor tube, a 24mm 3G CTI casing, a set of 3D printed fin alignment guides, and a sweet custom rocketry hat! The 75mm motor tube and fin guides will get me off my butt and started on building my 4" Darkstar, since I didn't want to build it with the stock 54mm mount. The CTI casing will be put into a 24mm MD I have been thinking about building, and the hat will be worn once launches hopefully start here in October/November.

I'm not sure who my Secret Santa is, as I'll have to do some detective work before I start guessing. But to whoever it is, thank you!

I did a little detective work and I am guessing @Alan R is my Secret Santa based on the fact that one package came from Oregon, he sent three packages to his recipient, and I recognize the 3d printer first layer pattern from an Ender 3 buildplate, which he has posted about.

Scott, open it! Don't wait!

I will remind everyone to list all you got (even if you consider it incidental). Remember, we might have ordered a few things for you; if you only mention one thing, we then wonder if the supplier did not put it all in the box (or you tossed the box too quickly / with out a thorough check..) You are our 'final package inspection & validation' that all was received, and in good condition..

I say it, because I've had a few in the past say "I got this" when i know they got 4 or 5 other things! One time, I got the impression that either the vendor screwed up, or he just tossed the box once he pulled the 'big thing' from it..

Like, it's your loss if you miss out of a few stocking-stuffers, but we paid for them!

Latest posts

Back