Secret Santa Christmas In July 2020

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My recipients should definitely be there by now. The manufacture sent me a paper invoice via snail-mail as I had said it was a gift. Ironically enough, my Santa ordered from the same manufacture per the label on the box I received! :cool:

Hey look on the bright side at least you don't have to stare at a box you can't touch! I'm sure it's worth waiting for!
I kept staring at mine wondering if the contents are ok. 😟 The box looks like it was at the bottom of Santa's sleigh on a couple rough landings or used as wheel chocks or who knows?

PS. My wife says contents look ok. She didn't leave any clues, not an ounce and promptly taped it back up and hid it in a closet. I just realized I'm worse than my daughter. ;)

Hey look on the bright side at least you don't have to stare at a box you can't touch! I'm sure it's worth waiting for!
I kept staring at mine wondering if the contents are ok. 😟 The box looks like it was at the bottom of Santa's sleigh on a couple rough landings or used as wheel chocks or who knows?

PS. My wife says contents look ok. She didn't leave any clues, not an ounce and promptly taped it back up and hid it in a closet. I just realized I'm worse than my daughter. ;)
Wonder where she gets it? :-D

Okay, this is not a complaint, just a heads up that I have not received a CIJ package yet.

Your present is on its way. I just sent you a PM with the tracking #.

If any other Santa want to send me their tracking numbers, I can forward them to the good boys that still are waiting for their gift.

Your present is on its way. I just sent you a PM with the tracking #.

If any other Santa want to send me their tracking numbers, I can forward them to the good boys that still are waiting for their gift.
Thank you SS and Papa Elf.

So..... It looks like the Post Office has lost my package :(
Package had a really slow touch and go in my town then landed 29 miles away.
Hopefully USPS will get it's act together at some point in the near future.

The gift I sent is still in transit...……according to the USPS. :)
I really was hoping you would have had it before the weekend. Maybe, it is only Wednesday ….

Well … Great. Its now July 2nd and the USPS has no updates on the package I had sent
from California to the great state of ????????? since June 29th !!!!

Fingers crossed...…..

Well … Great. Its now July 2nd and the USPS has no updates on the package I had sent
from California to the great state of ????????? since June 29th !!!!

Fingers crossed...…..
Probably back to California. Took the package I sent 6 days to go from Los Angeles to Los Angeles.

Probably back to California. Took the package I sent 6 days to go from Los Angeles to Los Angeles.

My gift made it from your side of the pond to the UK in 13 days. Pretty impressive considering it's taking some packages over here a full week to travel 300 miles.

(I'm assuming I'm the only Canadian participant..)

Actually, I'm still technically celebrating "Canada day" as I'm on vacation for the next two days.. :D (at least, that's the hang-over duration!)

(We don't get mail on the week-ends here, and our mail system is kinda like yours: unpredictable.. Canada customs may also decide I need to pay duties & taxes too.. had that happen a few times.. it's totally cool, I expect it to [usually] happen!)

The claim I made for my recipient was prematurely listed as "resolved" by the USPS despite the package not being delivered and no further movement being shown on the tracking page. I have contacted the vendor and reopened another claim with the USPS to find the package or get an insurance claim.

To tie some of you over until tomorrow, a little story of mine:

One Christmas back in 1976, my grand parents sent me Lego set # 565 (link below). I was 9. I typically always got a Lego set from them.

With all that went on that particular Christmas day, i never got around to actually building the set. I had to wait. It was unbearable.. Fancy dinners, friends coming over, visiting other friends, doing 'Christmas things', etc.. never in the day did I find the time to put this set together. grrrr!

But, it was getting to me, and all thru the night of the 25th, that was all I could think of while laying in bed.. that set, under the tree, beckoning me, knowing i had opened the box, leafed thru the instructions.. The anticipation, but I had to wait.. But did I?

it must have been 2 am, maybe 4 am, the house was dark & quiet. i couldn't sleep. So, I decided to slip out of bed, and at least look at the box, look at the front, the back, the sides of the box..

I snuck into the living room, and carefully turned on the Christmas tree lights, and carefully pulled the kit from my pile under the tree. the Lunar Lander kit: lots of blue blocks, a car; a Moon car! a flag, a ladder, and astronauts! soooo cool!! And maybe one more flip thru the instruction booklet..

Maybe if I build one of the guys, it'll satisfy my urge.. Maybe all three of them.. (all three then built) And maybe the moon vehicle.. (and then built) Oh, I was so quiet, setting the blocks out carefully as not to make a racket & wake the house. OK, I have three astronauts, and a moon buggy built.. that's about half the kit.. And, maybe build one leg of the lander, just to say I've started it, and can easily pick up where I left off later when everyone is awake & the day off to its start.

Or maybe there are more plans to visit more 'old people' mom & dad know.. What if there isn't time, what if I have to wait a little longer?! 2 legs built, then three, and finally four as I ponder what the new day might bring.. lander base built..

Might as well build the final bit, the ascent module then.. And this kit is pretty much 3/4 built at this point.. And, if I do wait (and as we all know) a piece might get lost.. what's a little more, a little longer..

And done!! one Lego Moon lander set #565 built, and now nicely displayed on the coffee table, all quietly & carefully built on the rug, almost under the tree, and by only the glow of Christmas tree lights, by a 9 yer old in the wee hours of the morning..

With a smile i sneak back to bed, satisfied..

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=565-1#T=S&O={%22iconly%22:0}

Back