Secret Santa Christmas In July 2020

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok. I’m in! Email sent.

Wishlist:

Low power
Motors:
Estes C5-3 packs
Aerotech reloads for 24/40 case and 29/40-120 case.

Kits:
Estes Tazz
Estes Double Ringer
Fliskits Deuces Wild
Fliskits Tres
Fliskits Nell
Fliskits Tesla

High Power
Motor Hardware:
38/360 complete motor hardware
29/60-360 combo

Altimeter:
Eggtimer Quantum (don’t need the data cable)
Accessories to wire up an altimeter (wiring, switch, charge wells, battery, etc.)

Email sent, here's my wishlist.

I’m a low to mid-power guy, these are not in order, I’m good with unbuilt stuff from your collection even if opened already

Estes: Interceptor, Mini-Honest John, Honest John, Hyper Bat, Space Corps Lunar Scout, V2, Airborne Surveillance Missile, assorted building supplies, OOP Fat Boy any cool out of production kits, X-Wing

Semroc: Satellite Killer, Spaceman, Jupiter B

NewWay: Big Bessie or any of their square kits. I don’t have any of them yet.

Odd’l Rockets: Any of their kits, don’t have any of them

Misc: Really anything, motors–29MM E’s and F’s and smaller only

Aannddd....
I'm in. Was gonna sit this one out. But...

As usual, prices are all over the place.

Wishlist:
CTI Pro54 1G case, 2G case
Eggtimer Quantum, Quark, Mini WiFi switch
Loki 38/480 motor !!!, H144, H160
Binder Design Jackhammer, 3" Excel
LOC Onyx, Minnie Magg, Micro Magg, IROC
Madcow 4" Squat, mini fiberglass Cowabunga
MAC Performance 4FNC, MPR 38
36", 48", 60" hexagonal chute (Rocketman or Topflight) yellow, lime, or black preferred but doesn't matter severely lacking those sizes
24", 36", 48" standard Rocketman chute

Didn't put in the email but perfectly acceptable: Gift certificate to CS Rocketry, Wildman, MAC Performance

Pretty good on rockets but I always throw a few on the list.

I'll give it a try

I kept everything around $30 or less. Lots of little things I need

Last edited:
I think there’s still another 23 hours left? June 12th at 11:59pm.

I'm in too, email sent.

Wishlist is all over the place, it is fun to see what others like.

Kits: Mostly building LPR and MPR now but working towards my level 1 cert.
Mach 1 - I really enjoy the LPR and MPR fiberglass kits.
Wildman - Looking to build a MD Darkstar Mini and a Darkstar 3 soon.
Mac - Blackfly 54
Estes - Pro Series II Star Orbiter, Orange Bullet, or any other small cardboard kit is a fun build with my son over a few afternoons.

Electronics: Eggtimer Quark and Quantum. JL Chute Release

Motors and Reloads: 18mm BP and Q-Jet motors, Reloads for the 18/20, 24/40, and 29/40-120 Hobbyline cases

Other parts: Assorted tubes, couplers, fin stock for scratch builds, fiberglass fabric for glassing tubes and fins, small hardware for AV bays like terminals,charge wells, eye bolts, and quick links. Lengths of kevlar cord for harnesses or shock cords.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Fired off the email yesterday.
And here is my list. Similar to years past with the addition of Mach1 kits.

Kits:
Loc: 4" V2, 4" Phoenix
Mac Performance: 3" or 4" Sky Scraper, 4" Pluto SLAM
Mach1: Antigravity 65, Daedalus BT60, Daedalus TSR 54, XAGM Piercer BT55, XAGM Piercer 54
Madcow: 2.6" Bomarc, 4" Phoenix, 4" Fiberglass Rogue, 4" Fiberglass V2, 4" Fiberglass X-Celerator, 4" Fiberglass Lil Rascal SE, 6" Fiberglass Stinger
Pem-Tech: King Kraken
Public Missiles: Striker, Pterodactyl Jr, 3" Bull Puppy, Bumble Bee

Hardware:
Loki: 38/480 w/bulkhead & #19 nozzle

Electronics:
Featherweight GPS
Marsa 33LHD
Eggtimer Proton

Gift Card:
Madcow, Sirius Rockets, Wildman

We have 19 Santa's so far. I would love to see more sign up!

Alan R
Brian Ditmer
BruceS
Dr_wogz
Glasspack
MarkSchnell
Mikewrt
Mikeydslagle
NateB
Nytrunner
Rc Dude
Scott Hala
SecondRow
Stoka
TheTank
Tobor
UPScaler
Wally Ferrer

Last edited:
20200613_131655.jpg
Just getting everyone's attention...
Conspirator Contributions

Those new to the game probably don't know and some regulars may not know...Papa Elf organizes all of this and doesn't put his name in the hat, which means he often is left empty-handed. On occasion some Santas will step up and send him something entirely on their own accord.
For the Christmas event I collected donations and ordered Papa Elf a gift. Lots of folks donated and lots more pledged, but never came through. I received some donations after the order had been placed and that money was returned to donors. I did everything via PM and that was a mistake. So...
I will start collecting donations for Papa Elf immediately. I am putting a cutoff date so I can get the gift ordered and sent on the way in time for the 4th.

All donations no matter the size are appreciated and donors/amounts are kept anonymous. If you can only kick in a dollar, that's fine. The more donations the better the gift.

I know, this isn't secret. I can't send everyone a PM and keep all that straight, and if I ask Papa Elf for everyone's email then he will know what's up anyway.

So cutoff date for donations will be:

Father's Day, June 21.

Email address for correspondence and donations:

mikeydslagle (at) Gmail (dot)com

PayPal friends and family please.

Include a message that it is a donation to CIJ gift or something along those lines; your TRF handle would be nice but isn't necessary since no one but you and I know who donate.

Also if any of you need to contact your recipient for any reason, feel free to use me as the courier.

Thanks folks,
Conspiratorially yours,
Mikey D

Last edited:
I made the deadline ..…………. Just got the Email form Papa Elf !!!
Merry Christmas In July everyone
Welcome to the party. I just did make it myself.

I thought this year it was gonna be easy. But overlooked an important piece of info, back to square 1.

Something I didn’t think about before. Do you usually order all the gifts to ship to the recipient? Or ship it to yourself, pack everything up and send it to recipient in one box? I realize you can’t do motors this way, but other stuff?

Obviously cheaper and more efficient to have vendor ship it directly, but invoices might have the sender’s name on it. How do you guys normally do it?

However you prefer to do it. I usually have the vendor(s) ship directly to the recipient unless I am buying something for myself as well. Many of our vendors are good about helping keeping identities secret. Email them, call, or leave a note with order if that is an option to say you want to keep your name and address off of any invoices, slips, or labels. Most will oblige those small favors. Some go as far as to put a North Pole return address. Many vendors watch the forums here and play along with Secret Santa.

Count me in as usual

Wish list
North coast Rocketry Hyper Swift , Archer, or Lance Delta
Madcow 1.6 Bomarc,
Loc Precision Starfighter, standard Arm
Estes Doorknob pro series
Shrocets Sea Sting or Ibis

Gift Ordered. :)

I'm so glad this tradition is still going, does anyone know when the first TRF Secret Santa was?

@ Secondrow - I shipped directly to the recipient. I put a note in that it was a gift just so the vendor wouldn't see the discrepancy between the billing and shipping address and think it was a scam order.

Back