Secret Santa Christmas In July 2018

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A very nice 4” fiber max from AMW. It wasn’t on my list but it sure will be enjoyed!! Now the question... do I get the honeycomb fin skins??? I’m tempted!

Go for the skins. I have them on mine, I also trimmed the edges of the fins with a thin strip of hardwood.

I am floored. I dunno what to say.

The postwoman came to my door with a box, long & skinny. In it was a decal set, a set of rail buttons, a Jolly Logic Alt II, and a PML AMRAAM 2 !!!

Totally blown away!! so much thanks to my SS!! really, a tear of thanks! soo friggn' cool!! thanks again!!

WOW! You got it on the first guess. Glad you like it. Hope you enjoy building and flying it. Would love to see some progress pics when you begin the build.
Done! :)

And, I even built a altimeter mount in the nose cone for my PerfectFlite APRA.

Planning on flying it on an F44-8W tomorrow.

We'll see...

Thanks,

Attachments

• IMG_4614.JPG
    IMG_4614.JPG
    246 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_4615.JPG
    IMG_4615.JPG
    223.1 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_4616.JPG
    IMG_4616.JPG
    276.6 KB · Views: 82
Well hopefully they are on the way. I have had packages get hung up in Shreveport for weeks. And recently we have gotten a new mail carrier so some packages are being mis-delivered. I am not talking about right next door mis-deliveries. A half a mile up the road with several houses in between mis-deliveries. I hope neither is the case. I encourage my Secret Santa to double check the status of the order. In the past when my package was late, my SS contacted Papa Elf and assured him it was on the way.

Still nothing here. Am I only one?

I have to spoil the surprise here. I was actually your secret Santa. I ordered your gift from Vendor to be directly shipped to you on June 17, 2018. It is still showing awaiting fulfillment. I contacted the vendor by phone on Thursday June 28 and let them know it was a Christmas in July gift and asked about the order. They said they were waiting for the tubes to be cut and slotted and it would ship either Friday 6/29 or Monday 7/2. As of now it is still showing awaiting fulfillment and I tried calling the vendor on Tuesday 7/3 Thursday 7/5 and Friday 7/6. All these went to voicemail. I don’t know what to do. This is a well known/respected vendor so I am sure you will eventually get it. It’s kind of disparaging that this would happen. I was going to send you another gift that would compliment this just so you would get something but all the vendors who had that wouldn’t have shipped it in time because they all had messages about being away the week before July 4. I’m kind of upset about this.
I had sent Papa Elf an email last week with a picture of the screen showing the order date and your address in the ship to area. I apologize about this.

I have to spoil the surprise here. I was actually your secret Santa. I ordered your gift from Vendor to be directly shipped to you on June 17, 2018. It is still showing awaiting fulfillment. I contacted the vendor by phone on Thursday June 28 and let them know it was a Christmas in July gift and asked about the order. They said they were waiting for the tubes to be cut and slotted and it would ship either Friday 6/29 or Monday 7/2. As of now it is still showing awaiting fulfillment and I tried calling the vendor on Tuesday 7/3 Thursday 7/5 and Friday 7/6. All these went to voicemail. I don’t know what to do. This is a well known/respected vendor so I am sure you will eventually get it. It’s kind of disparaging that this would happen. I was going to send you another gift that would compliment this just so you would get something but all the vendors who had that wouldn’t have shipped it in time because they all had messages about being away the week before July 4. I’m kind of upset about this.
I had sent Papa Elf an email last week with a picture of the screen showing the order date and your address in the ship to area. I apologize about this.

Ahh. All's good my man. PM sent... Err.. conversation started. :)

I flew my Wildman Rocketry Darkstar mini today.
The Aero-Tech F32-6T was the motor of choice.
The flight couldn't of gotten any better.
A really nice boost to 1,196 ft. And a great recovery, and not much of a walk either! :)

IMG_0081.JPG

Thanks,

Sorry about not being able to follow up on the Pm's. Life has hit me pretty hard last couple weeks. Wife's surgery, moving, and disasters at work. There was a couple that may get their package late. Tomorrow I will have a chance to sit down and figure out if everyone got something or if they didn't if something is on its way. I been so busy that I didn't have a chance to post a Thank you to Santa for sending me a Mercury Redstone :).

Sorry about not being able to follow up on the Pm's. Life has hit me pretty hard last couple weeks. Wife's surgery, moving, and disasters at work. There was a couple that may get their package late. Tomorrow I will have a chance to sit down and figure out if everyone got something or if they didn't if something is on its way. I been so busy that I didn't have a chance to post a Thank you to Santa for sending me a Mercury Redstone :).
Life happens, thanks for taking the time to organize all of this.

I echo dhbarr. Thanks Papa Elf and best wishes for the wife's health.

According to received e-mails, and posts on TRF, everyone has ordered their gifts. So if you are still missing your, please give them a few days to arrive. Then if still no joy, let me know and i'll look into it.

I flew my Wildman Rocketry Darkstar mini today.
The Aero-Tech F32-6T was the motor of choice.
The flight couldn't of gotten any better.
A really nice boost to 1,196 ft. And a great recovery, and not much of a walk either! :)

View attachment 357082

Thanks,

Amazing job Andrew! That's probably the fastest SS receipt-to-build-to-flight I've seen on here!! Time to put and AT G-80 in there and Let 'er Rip! :D

Hope all is well with you and your Wife. Special thanks go out to you for putting this all together and keeping the SS and CIJ tradition going. Hope you enjoy the Redstone. :)

Got mine today. Madcow Mini fiberglass Pike. It'll be my first Madcow glass kit. Should be fun to build and cheap to fly. Going to attempt KISS, but I always end up putting an altimeter in there.

Thanks solid_fuel!

Any joy yet Tobor? If not, I'll contact the vendor to see what happened?

Oh so sorry, forgot to update my situation. My SS contacted me directly and informed me of the delay. A package from Pem-Tech arrived on Friday, 20th of July.

Inside was this!!!!

Can't wait to build it.

Thx SS. And thank you Papa Elf for all the work you put into making Christmas come alive in July.

Peace.

Back