Secret Santa Christmas In July 2016

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had some packages waiting when I got home. One from Allied Electronics and another from Chris Rockets. My 19 month old daughter made a failed attempt to open the latter., as if she knew where it came from.

Inside was a Big Daddy and some 24mm retainers. The Big Daddy is one of my favorite birds. I've learned a lot since I built my last one, this one will be better built.

Thank you Secret Santa! Already thinking of how to mod it!

So now to guess my Secret Santa... uhm. Dhbarr. I had you in mind for some reason I can't think of.

Mikey D

Had some packages waiting when I got home. One from Allied Electronics and another from Chris Rockets. My 19 month old daughter made a failed attempt to open the latter., as if she knew where it came from.

Inside was a Big Daddy and some 24mm retainers. The Big Daddy is one of my favorite birds. I've learned a lot since I built my last one, this one will be better built.

Thank you Secret Santa! Already thinking of how to mod it!

So now to guess my Secret Santa... uhm. Dhbarr. I had you in mind for some reason I can't think of.

Mikey D

:D. Shout out to csrocketry, who fought like mad to get it there. Woo, local vendors!

Whatever you do, don't order 3" tube from BMS and turn it into a Patriot ( no idea why that popped into my head ).

:D. Shout out to csrocketry, who fought like mad to get it there. Woo, local vendors!

Whatever you do, don't order 3" tube from BMS and turn it into a Patriot ( no idea why that popped into my head ).

Good ole Chris, always willing to go the extra mile. I don't believe I am gonna stretch it. I like short stubbies. Thanks again.

Is this thread displaying strangely for anyone else? I keep getting notifications about new posts on it, but the last post I see is the one from blackbrandt asking if MikeyDSlagle is his SS....

Here's a WAG at my SS's identity - ActingLikeAKid.

I have an exhaustive method for trying to figure out who my SS is:

1. Print out the Sent/Received list
2. Cross of names of those who are already outed
3. Start guessing at the top of the list
4. Cross off if you get a negative response and guess the next name
5. Rinse and repeat

My guess is my ss was the Cylon rocketeer...

Gift received .

Thanks for the rrc2

Is this thread displaying strangely for anyone else? I keep getting notifications about new posts on it, but the last post I see is the one from blackbrandt asking if MikeyDSlagle is his SS....

Yes, this morning I got email notifications for comments made two days ago.

Ehh. Just got an email saying I had a new private message. The message was from yesterday, seems their notification system acting up

Last edited:
That's a negative ghost rider.

[video=youtube;jGGhLihDmFk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGGhLihDmFk[/video]

I'm down to these people:

ActingLikeAKid
AlfaBrewer
rc dude
kcobbva
Krusty
Massrokit
Noffie79
Sandeja1
The Cylon Rocketeer

Hmmm... Noffie79 maybe?

Instead of just going down the list, I re-read the thread and pondered a bit. Out of the chasm between my ears popped the name -

MikeyDSlagle

How'd I do?

Not good. Lol. Check the chasm again.
My recipient guessed me straight away via PM, probably from a comment I made about 24mm retainers and a certain square rocket. :wink:

Thank You MikeyDSlagle! I am really enjoying building the Quad Goblin! I had to travel out of state today for work and am "champing at the bit" to get home and work on it some more!

Awesome. I havent had time to do much rocket stuff lately.

Around September you need to travel out of state to Louisiana, we'll line up your new quad goblin and my new big daddy, I'm sure the goblin would win but be fun nonetheless. BYO...'E20'?

Well yeah there's that..lol. I am always hesitant to stuff a big motor in any of mine, but we do have several miles of open ag fields. It's beautiful. Probably 6 or 7 hour drive for ya though.

A sonic locater may help find it. I have one to try this September just to see how easy it is to locate.

Well yeah there's that..lol. I am always hesitant to stuff a big motor in any of mine, but we do have several miles of open ag fields. It's beautiful. Probably 6 or 7 hour drive for ya though.

A sonic locater may help find it. I have one to try this September just to see how easy it is to locate.
Are you talking about a really loud buzzer/noisemaker like those "personal security sirens"? I was thinking that one of those plus a parabolic mic might make an el-cheapo alternative to a radio transmitter and an antenna....

Are you talking about a really loud buzzer/noisemaker like those "personal security sirens"? I was thinking that one of those plus a parabolic mic might make an el-cheapo alternative to a radio transmitter and an antenna....

Yep, I have one with a loud siren and a bright flashing light. I have it rigged to where it should start warbling when the parachute pops. I don't have the microphone to help though. Hoping I can head in the general direction and hear the warbling, then just close in on the sound. That's the idea anyway

Yep, I have one with a loud siren and a bright flashing light. I have it rigged to where it should start warbling when the parachute pops. I don't have the microphone to help though. Hoping I can head in the general direction and hear the warbling, then just close in on the sound. That's the idea anyway

For $40, this could help you find the right direction:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003IPNRMW/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

(honestly, I was surprised at how cheap it is)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back