Secret Santa 2022

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:christmastree: Oooooooooh!! Mark me as recieved!! A large box arrived on my porch on Friday from AC Supply Co. Now the anticipation begins!!

Also, my victim's.......'er.....recipients gift has been ordered as well!! Here's to a speedy journey so the anticipation on the other end can build!! :wavingsanta:

Welp,
Apparently a package with my name on it, marked "Do not open until Christmas" arrived recently but the family neglected to inform me......

So plz marked me as received!

:wavingsanta:Secret Santa 2022:wavingsanta:
Once again it’s time for Secret Santa! Christmas time is fast approaching and all the elves here at the North Pole are busy working overtime to make sure all the good boys and girls get all the rockets, motors, and accessories they deserve.

:christmastree:PAPA ELF SPECIAL:christmastree:
To encourage more people to sign up and not wait till the last day, Papa Elf will send a special gift to one lucky participant. Every person who signs up will be entered in a drawing. Their name will be entered in the drawing daily starting the day they sign up, till Thanksgiving Day. So, the sooner you sign up, the more entries you get! (note – if you want to opt out of the drawing, please let Papa Elf know when you submit your entry)

If you would like to contribute to the Papa Elf Special by donating items or covering the shipping cost, please PM me.

Rules:
- First Rule of Secret Santa is talk about Secret Santa!
- Speaking of Rules, Read the Rules
- DO NOT PARTICIPATE IF YOU HAVE NO INTENTION OF SENDING A GIFT.
- DO NOT PARTICIPATE IF YOU DON’T PLAN ON CHECKING IN WHEN SENDING & RECEIVING.
- Signup deadline will be Thanksgiving Day, Thursday November 24th at 11:59pm PST. You will be contacted via e-mail with your recipient’s name, TRF handle, address, and wish list starting as early as November 25th.
- All check-in’s should be sent to [email protected]. Posting your check in on this thread is optional. Check in when you receive your e-mail, ordered your gift or sent your gift, and when you received your gift.
- Feel free to post your wishlist within this thread too. It is fun to see what other people are wishing for.
- You are encouraged to change your signature to advertise this event.
- Buy a gift for your recipient. How much you spend is up to you. Most people spend at least $50 although most Santa’s have been very generous in this event!
- Contact Papa Elf and let him know the gift is ordered.
- Receive your gift and report you got something in the mail.
- Christmas Morning - open your gift! Woe to the one that opens their gift early!
- Post whatcha got and guess who sent it. Don’t forget to say thanks

HOW TO SIGN UP!
If you want to participate, send an e-mail titled "Secret Santa 2022" to "[email protected]". Note: the old n3tjm e-mail will still work. In the e-mail, include the following information:

TRF Handle:
Address:
Phone #:
Wishlist:

Please start a new line for each field and with the wish list please keep everything on one line (Don't hit Enter). This makes it easier to enter the data into Papa Elf's spread sheet of good boys and girls. Your Phone number will remain private, Papa Elf just needs it in case he needs to contact you.

Example: (This is Papa Elf's actual wishlist. If you plan to send something to Papa Elf, please have it arrive no later than Dec 15th. Thanks.)
N3tjm <Enter>
Douglas Gardei <Enter>
137 Penn View Drive <Enter>
Middleburg, PA 17842 <Enter>
555-555-5555 <Enter>

Wishlist: As I get the LOC 7.5” Patriot closer to finished, on the top of my wish list are a few items for that :D. 12 foot Rocketman Standard Parachute. 2x 25’ Tubular Kevlar Shock Cords from LOC. 2x 2S 7.6V LiPo Batteries appropriate for use with Eggtimer Quantum Altimeters with an appropriate battery charger. RMS 75/5120 Motor or M1350 DMS. K1103X Reload. Other Gift Ideas: Motors Hardware: RMS 38/ 360 and 720 with the floating bulkhead. RMS 24/40-RC, E6 reloads, RMS 54/2560 motor. 54mm Extended Closure. Motors & Reloads: AeroPack 38mm Retainers 1xLOC 1xPML tube, 54mm 1xLOC 1xPML, 54/38mm Adapter, 38/29mm Adapter. Quest Q-Jets A-F (including the White Lightning Versions). Reloads for RMS 18/20, 24/40, 24/60, 29/40-120 (E23-5T, G53-5FJ, G64-4W, G76-4G). Reloads for RMS 29/60,100,120. H128, H180, and I200 loads. Jolly Logic Chute Release. Eggtimer Quasar 70cm Ham Band version, Eggfinder LCD Handheld Receiver 70cm Ham Band Version, Eggfinder LCD-GPS Module, Eggtimer Voice Module. LOC Warlock (54mm version). Mrs Elf wants something Pink.

Have Fun!

Papa Elf

:wavingsanta:Secret Santa 2022:wavingsanta:
Once again it’s time for Secret Santa! Christmas time is fast approaching and all the elves here at the North Pole are busy working overtime to make sure all the good boys and girls get all the rockets, motors, and accessories they deserve.

:christmastree:PAPA ELF SPECIAL:christmastree:
To encourage more people to sign up and not wait till the last day, Papa Elf will send a special gift to one lucky participant. Every person who signs up will be entered in a drawing. Their name will be entered in the drawing daily starting the day they sign up, till Thanksgiving Day. So, the sooner you sign up, the more entries you get! (note – if you want to opt out of the drawing, please let Papa Elf know when you submit your entry)

If you would like to contribute to the Papa Elf Special by donating items or covering the shipping cost, please PM me.

Rules:
- First Rule of Secret Santa is talk about Secret Santa!
- Speaking of Rules, Read the Rules
- DO NOT PARTICIPATE IF YOU HAVE NO INTENTION OF SENDING A GIFT.
- DO NOT PARTICIPATE IF YOU DON’T PLAN ON CHECKING IN WHEN SENDING & RECEIVING.
- Signup deadline will be Thanksgiving Day, Thursday November 24th at 11:59pm PST. You will be contacted via e-mail with your recipient’s name, TRF handle, address, and wish list starting as early as November 25th.
- All check-in’s should be sent to [email protected]. Posting your check in on this thread is optional. Check in when you receive your e-mail, ordered your gift or sent your gift, and when you received your gift.
- Feel free to post your wishlist within this thread too. It is fun to see what other people are wishing for.
- You are encouraged to change your signature to advertise this event.
- Buy a gift for your recipient. How much you spend is up to you. Most people spend at least $50 although most Santa’s have been very generous in this event!
- Contact Papa Elf and let him know the gift is ordered.
- Receive your gift and report you got something in the mail.
- Christmas Morning - open your gift! Woe to the one that opens their gift early!
- Post whatcha got and guess who sent it. Don’t forget to say thanks

HOW TO SIGN UP!
If you want to participate, send an e-mail titled "Secret Santa 2022" to "[email protected]". Note: the old n3tjm e-mail will still work. In the e-mail, include the following information:

TRF Handle:
Address:
Phone #:
Wishlist:

Please start a new line for each field and with the wish list please keep everything on one line (Don't hit Enter). This makes it easier to enter the data into Papa Elf's spread sheet of good boys and girls. Your Phone number will remain private, Papa Elf just needs it in case he needs to contact you.

Example: (This is Papa Elf's actual wishlist. If you plan to send something to Papa Elf, please have it arrive no later than Dec 15th. Thanks.)
N3tjm <Enter>
Douglas Gardei <Enter>
137 Penn View Drive <Enter>
Middleburg, PA 17842 <Enter>
555-555-5555 <Enter>

Wishlist: As I get the LOC 7.5” Patriot closer to finished, on the top of my wish list are a few items for that :D. 12 foot Rocketman Standard Parachute. 2x 25’ Tubular Kevlar Shock Cords from LOC. 2x 2S 7.6V LiPo Batteries appropriate for use with Eggtimer Quantum Altimeters with an appropriate battery charger. RMS 75/5120 Motor or M1350 DMS. K1103X Reload. Other Gift Ideas: Motors Hardware: RMS 38/ 360 and 720 with the floating bulkhead. RMS 24/40-RC, E6 reloads, RMS 54/2560 motor. 54mm Extended Closure. Motors & Reloads: AeroPack 38mm Retainers 1xLOC 1xPML tube, 54mm 1xLOC 1xPML, 54/38mm Adapter, 38/29mm Adapter. Quest Q-Jets A-F (including the White Lightning Versions). Reloads for RMS 18/20, 24/40, 24/60, 29/40-120 (E23-5T, G53-5FJ, G64-4W, G76-4G). Reloads for RMS 29/60,100,120. H128, H180, and I200 loads. Jolly Logic Chute Release. Eggtimer Quasar 70cm Ham Band version, Eggfinder LCD Handheld Receiver 70cm Ham Band Version, Eggfinder LCD-GPS Module, Eggtimer Voice Module. LOC Warlock (54mm version). Mrs Elf wants something Pink.

Have Fun!

Papa Elf
Received my package today (sent from Maine). My wife will wrap it and put it under the tree. Thank you Secret Santa and Papa Elf!

There are several people on the list that have not reported in their status yet. Remember folks, it is important to report in when you order your gift and receive your gift. The second donation for the Papa Elf Special has arrived. A third vendor has pledge a generous donation but its going to be close if I will receive it in time before I leave for my Christmas travels. That being said, I may have to wait until I get back on Jan 3rd to ship out the Papa Elf Special. That being said, the winner of this years Papa Elf Special has been selected!

Papa Elf Special 2022 Winner.jpg

If you want to donate towards the postage for this year's Papa Elf special, please PM me. It typically costs around $60 for me to ship it out. Thanks.

Sugar Cookies of course!
Correct :)

Some of which will be the cookies for the Papa Elf Special. Now if the final donation does not get here in time I will make a fresh batch before I mail out the PES in January.

Speaking of which, still need pledges for shipping :D

Just received the e-mail that said the final piece of the PES should arrive today :D
Did I mention about shipping pledges? Do I need to recall Santa's Sleigh? :D

Also, The winner didn't notice he won yet.

There are several people on the list that have not reported in their status yet. Remember folks, it is important to report in when you order your gift and receive your gift. The second donation for the Papa Elf Special has arrived. A third vendor has pledge a generous donation but its going to be close if I will receive it in time before I leave for my Christmas travels. That being said, I may have to wait until I get back on Jan 3rd to ship out the Papa Elf Special. That being said, the winner of this years Papa Elf Special has been selected!

View attachment 550085

If you want to donate towards the postage for this year's Papa Elf special, please PM me. It typically costs around $60 for me to ship it out. Thanks.
Well, congratulations to BruceS!

I thought of something. If I wasn't such an honest elf, with all the packages coming for secret Santa and Papa Elf Special I could order stuff for myself and Mrs. Elf would never know.

Papa Elf called me at 0100 the other night. After the usual, "is your wife there" "what are you wearing" questions and heavy breathing, he asked if my Stinky Santa gift had arrived. Hmmm, hadn't seen it....
Dug through the wife's Amazon pile and there was a mystery box addressed to me. The box had been opened, but the wife never mentioned it.
For those of you that ordered through us, we are almost caught up.

Back