Secret Santa 2022

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reply to this message if you have received your gift!
You do know there is a regularly updated list when people report that they got their gift (see my signature). Also, most people do post on this thread when they do get it. Give it time, mail can be slow, especially this time of the year.

Got a P-chute from Rocketman in the mail today. The envelope did not survive being shoved into my mailbox, but the contents seem fine. Not my fault I can see what it is when I pull it out of the box. Since its a SS gift, I am going wait till Christmas day to Unroll it, Inflate it, and take pictures of it. Till then its going stay in my office untouched. This is the second package this week from USPS where the packaging did not survive delivery. Maybe something else will come that survives delivery that can taunt me till Christmas Day :D

That being said. One of the 2, maybe 3 expected donations for the Papa Elf specials has arrived (That was the other destroyed box). I got tracking for another donation, and still waiting on a third vendor on making a decision.

How many of you are playing THIS game?
I just recieved a large box from MAC performance.
Did I order it? I don't think so. Check email. no? I mean I ordered A LOT of rocket stuff last week that is keeping the UPS guy busy. But not from MAC Performance.
I THINK ITS MY SECRET SANTA! :) WOO HOO!!!!
Regardless its getting wrapped and put under the tree this weekend. And the waiting begins.
If fact I think I will wrap ALL the boxes coming from rocket companies till Christmas even if I know I ordered them. (except my Wildman boxes that we won't see till Easter) :)

You do know there is a regularly updated list when people report that they got their gift (see my signature). Also, most people do post on this thread when they do get it. Give it time, mail can be slow, especially this time of the year.
Just because my Secret Santa has not posted about it

Let's say...hypothetically of course...I ordered my recipient's gifts from during the Wildman Saturday sale. And let's say....hypothetically of course...that they do not get here in time for Christmas. Do I need to let my recipient know somehow? Or just post in here about the delay?

Again this is all hypothetical.

Let's say...hypothetically of course...I ordered my recipient's gifts from during the Wildman Saturday sale. And let's say....hypothetically of course...that they do not get here in time for Christmas. Do I need to let my recipient know somehow? Or just post in here about the delay?

Again this is all hypothetical.
I say wait till they start jumping up & down; stating they didn't get anything. then quietly reach out to them.

a number of us have ordered from Tim at this time. We know things can be delayed till .. march.. but Tim is generlaly pretty good at knowing what "TRF Secret Santa" is.. (Assuming you told him!)

"Do I need to let my recipient know somehow? Or just post in here about the delay?"

Send PapElf a message via his Secret Santa email (or PM here). He works very hard to let this event work smoothly.

That way you stay anonymous, he lets the recipient know its "on its way", miss-shipped, compatability issues, etc.... I have passed messages to recipient this way. (Only when needed, so not to take up even more of his time.)

Received a package from Apogee today that I was not expecting. No ticking, no meowing, no funny smells.... seemed safe to bring in the house. Either the contents are packed tight or its a box of sailboat gas. Give it a good shake and doesn't make a sound. Mark me received! Only 23 days to go! Thank you Santa and Merry Christmas!

PXL_20221202_221256583.jpg

I received a package today from rocketman parachutes but I can’t recall for the life of me if I purchased there or not. The purchasing weekend was a little out of control. I may be received or partially or not. I’ve made mistakes.

I have my gift to send in hand already so everything is a tree gift at this point and the rest is future me’s problem.

I can’t recall for the life of me if I purchased there or not. The purchasing weekend was a little out of control.
😆

I thought it was just me, and my family. It was a crazy weekend of sales and spur-of-the-moment purchases.... now we can't keep track of what's been delivered, and what been shipped, and what we're still looking for....

Guess we're just doing our part to keep economy going.

I sent my email but have been outbid the country til this week never got a email,back and not on the list.
guess I missed out

I’ll let @n3tjm give thoughts but

1. SS in July is also a fun time and can always use more participants :)
2. Happy to exchange info via PM and we can do a gift swap as an alternative, pending Papa Elf. It’s not quite the same same but it’s in the vein and may be a way to get some rocket related surprises under the tree.

I sent my email but have been outbid the country til this week never got a email,back and not on the list.
guess I missed out
I did not see an email from you. When did you send it? I will double check. Don't worry if it's my mistake you can still play.

Hi Tim
forwarded to you from my sent folder.
I know it’s getting short so not a big deal.
I will just watch from the sidelines🙂

Back