Secret Santa 2020

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark me down as received.. again! Special thanks to my S/S for a 2nd package that arrived today!

A really cool NASA fridge magnet
A really really nice pair of Space shuttle 'Discovery' socks!
And a shuttle t-shirt!

Thank you Allen! You outdid yourself!

(man, I feel bad for you! $$$ USPS priority mail, sent on Dec 9th.. at least it's "under a month" :D )

Last edited:
haha! thanks Nyt!

(I was just doing my 'Sherlock' impression. It was either you or Dragon64.. you are both in the Huntsville area.. Dragon is in Toney AL.. but I guess you knew that! :D )

Super sweet, again, thank you.!

The Papa Elf Special was shipped today. If you offered to help with the shipping, please PayPal me your pledge. Thanks!

Once again, mail is stuck in Harrisburg. The Papa Elf Special was sent 2 Day Priority, yet is still stuck in Harrisburg. So I have no idea how long its going be stuck there, and hopefully everything is fine once it gets to Tobor.

I received my present on Wednesday, and my Secret Santa gave me a Mach 1 Rocketry Scat BT60 kit! WooHoo! It will definitely get built before launches start up again. I don't even know where to begin guessing, so to whoever my Secret Santa is, thank you!

I received my present on Wednesday, and my Secret Santa gave me a Mach 1 Rocketry Scat BT60 kit! WooHoo! It will definitely get built before launches start up again. I don't even know where to begin guessing, so to whoever my Secret Santa is, thank you!
I got one of those in the summer secret santa. Gonna be launching it next Saturday

According to my records, everyone but Mendal has reported a receiving a gift.
Also, I am expecting at least one more package. I wonder what it could be? A Saturn IB? A Skylab? A L1000? Who knows :D

I started building my X-15. Going help my wife build her Patriot. Both are cool kits.

Looks like the Papa Elf Special was delivered today :). Can't wait to see Tobor's post about what he got :D.
Yeppers, it sure was!

Again, I am soooo stoked! 13 great rocket kits and the best part, a tin of Papa Elf's homemade yum yum COOKIES! And man they are T A S T Y !!!! Both my wife and I had a good hearty laugh when I opened that tin.

These cookies should be a standard feature gift for all future "Papa elf Specials". My son especially enjoyed his cookie. I allowed him only one as it was close to his bed time. Man was he irked...

Daniel posing with cookie
SS 2020 - Papa Elf Special_03-Small.jpg

Sooo many kits.... :headspinning:
SS 2020 - Papa Elf Special_02-Small.jpg

Aerotech - Strong Arm
Quest - Big Dog (My very 1st Quest kit)
Pemberton Tech - Kraken (Sexiest kit on the market)

Estes
Destination Mars: Leaper
Destination Mars: Mars Longship
Destination Mars: MAV
Expedition
Leo Space Train
Low-Boom SST
Odyssey
Orange Bullet
Savage
Sidekick

Many many thanks to all the vendors who donated to the Papa Elf Special. You guys (and gals?) Rock! And a very special Thank You to Papa Elf for the yum yum cookies and for all the hard work you put into every Secret Santa event.

"Aim for the sky, and try not to miss." (I love this tagline)
And this one...
"If model rockets scare you, buy a train set."

Tobor

Last edited:
I am so glad you liked the cookies and they where still edible by the time they got to you :). I got that idea when I when I was driving home from my Christmas trip. I made a bunch for my family (normal christmas themed), and I was disappointed that I only got a few from that batch. So I thought, why not make some for the papa elf special and keep the left overs for me. Then the idea came to my mind make them rocket shaped. So after I got settled back into home and work routine, I fired up Fusion 360 and designed the cookie cutter. Then I whipped up a batch of my locally famous cookie dough recipe and made the cookies. Frosting is also my recipe. I fully decorated yours, but only white frosted mine. They came out just the way I imagined them to be. OH SO GOOOD!
cookies.jpg

Oh, I like how I got everything to fit in that box :D.

Attachments

• Cookie Cutter.stl
    110.2 KB · Views: 4
According to my records, everyone but Mendal has reported a receiving a gift.
Also, I am expecting at least one more package. I wonder what it could be? A Saturn IB? A Skylab? A L1000? Who knows :D

I started building my X-15. Going help my wife build her Patriot. Both are cool kits.
You never know might be for papaElfs wife. 😃

Yeppers, it sure was!

Again, I am soooo stoked! 13 great rocket kits and the best part, a tin of Papa Elf's homemade yum yum COOKIES! And man they are T A S T Y !!!! Both my wife and I had a good hearty laugh when I opened that tin.

These cookies should be a standard feature gift for all future "Papa elf Specials". My son especially enjoyed his cookie. I allowed him only one as it was close to his bed time. Man was he irked...

Daniel posing with cookie
View attachment 446171

Sooo many kits.... :headspinning:
View attachment 446172

Aerotech - Strong Arm

Estes
Destination Mars: Leaper
Destination Mars: Mars Longship
Destination Mars: MAV
Expedition
Leo Space Train
Low-Boom SST
Odyssey
Orange Bullet
Savage
Sidekick

Many many thanks to all the vendors who donated to the Papa Elf Special. You guys (and gals?) Rock! And a very special Thank You to Papa Elf for the yum yum cookies and for all the hard work you put into every Secret Santa event.

And this one...

Tobor

Glad u like the cookies 😀

Yeppers, it sure was!

Aerotech - Strong Arm

And this one...

Tobor

Wow! Now that is a gratifying testimony. Glad you are so please with your Secret Santa Special!

Wow! Now that is a gratifying testimony. Glad you are so please with your Secret Santa Special!
Oh yeah, most assuredly I am. When I lost my Kraken upscale on it's first flight, the up part was glorious with a Mojave Green G76 flame, I was heartbroken. Spent 5~6 hours over the course of three visits to the field looking for it. So this kit will be a reprieve of sorts for me. Going to do it up right! :)

Oh yeah, most assuredly I am. When I lost my Kraken upscale on it's first flight, the up part was glorious with a Mojave Green G76 flame, I was heartbroken. Spent 5~6 hours over the course of three visits to the field looking for it. So this kit will be a reprieve of sorts for me. Going to do it up right! :)
Grab an eggtimer pays for itself really quick usually one or two flights.
I think everything all in is like 165ish.
I had main deployment at 6600ft ended up 1.9 miles away found it super easy.
Kit $190
Motor case $210 a 54/2560
That one flight covered all the tracking stuff I bought so far.
Anything over 2000 feet I put one in.

Grab an eggtimer pays for itself really quick usually one or two flights.
I think everything all in is like 165ish.
I had main deployment at 6600ft ended up 1.9 miles away found it super easy.
Kit $190
Motor case $210 a 54/2560
That one flight covered all the tracking stuff I bought so far.
Anything over 2000 feet I put one in.
Yes siree...
I have built 2 EggFinder TXs, an EggFinder Rx, a Proton, an Apogee and one WiFi switch. And, I still have one WiFi switch waiting in the build pile. Love me some EggTimer products.

Back