Secret Santa 2020

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kowabunga!!

I am so stoked! A real smorgasbord of rocketry stuff...
First up from my Secret Santa is a custom sled for EggTimer's new Apogee kit. Currently, only the second one ever produced by Scott Pearce! I get to beta test this puppy....sweet!

Next up, an EggTimer Apogee kit w/Lipo pack, so I can test the sled. How cool is that? :cool:

And of course the big box, an NCR Lance Delta! :headspinning: I think I may use the Apogee sled in this build. But, I promised the Mrs. I would complete the 5 builds now sitting on my work table, so I'll just have to get busy...

Other goodies include an Estes Streak kit and a bunch of LPR supplies for scratch building. My son was very excited when I told him he gets to design his own rocket! Way cool.

Secret Santa 2020 Bananza-Small.jpg

As to the identity of my Secret Santa? Beeblebrox!

Many many thx to my SS.

Merry Christmas TRF!!!!!

Thank you so much to my super generous Secret Santa, Pem Tech!! Opened the box to find the King Kraken inside. I have been eyeing this one for a long time and can't wait to get it built!! Merry Christmas everyone and again, thank you so much Pem Tech!!

14099.jpeg14100.jpeg

I had a most generous Secret Santa or two?
Big box from Madcow was indeed fiberglass AND a 4" kit. 4" Cowabunga (a favorite in my fleet) and, while I haven't dug into the other and it's not labeled, it looks like the Viper.
The other package was from Black Aero and labeled from my second Secret Santa, it contained a LCD case. So I am gonna guess Wally Ferrer, since he said he sent two packages and the timeline met with the packages showing up. I'm not so sure now since I may have two Secret Santas, or I misread the label, and I do in fact have one very generous Santa. Err...🤨

20201225_091643.jpg

I opened my gift yesterday I was to excited to post about it until now.
I got three things off my list:
My first batch of rocketpoxy I was so excited when I opened it, it was prefect timing for my moms gift a mad cow broken arrow, so I stayed up all night using it. 966400DB-D553-4FBC-9BF7-F9FCB7030C0F.jpeg
I also got the 29mm Ras which my wife got for me too, it’s definitely fine cause having extra let’s me prep more motors.
last but not least I got a fiberglass rocket from wildman a wasserfall! Which if you don’t know its German rocket from the 30’s.image.jpg
Once I’m done I’m gonna start on this scale ship! I don’t have much for 29mm rockets so it works out prefect!

I gotta do some research before I guess who my Santa was, in the mean time.
Thank you so much Santa it’s all amazing! Merry Christmas!

I am blown away by my Secret Santa's generosity, and I remain clueless to their identity- well, other than the box shipped from the vicinity of Houston, and not a lot of TX in anyone's sig... Yes that's a Flight Sketch mini in with the adhesives- THANKS SANTA!!! 😍 🎄

View attachment 443929
I opened my box from ACSupply this morning to find a new Estes Saturn 1B! I'm very excited to build this rocket, so a special thanks to my SS - who, after a short investigation of the shipping invoice, I proclaim to be Mark Schnell!

Thank you Mark! This is going to be awesome!

View attachment 443956
I got a Skylab Saturn V. I am very happy with it.
Thank you very much secret santa.

I figured the new Skylab and Saturn 1b kits would show up under some trees. Anyone want to volunteer for a build thread? Build pics?

what why me?!?! Lol, sorry about creeping on your Facebook I thought the comics would be a nice touch.
Merry Christmas Scott, I’m sure I’ll see you at some launches since we are so close. I’ll be at WSR the 2nd.
Ohhhhh, busted! Merry Christmas all!

I had an incredibly generous Santa! I'm so excited words can't even describe.
Gift #1 came via email in the form of an eRockets gift card and included instructions to "find a nice rocket to build and fly".
Gift #2 came via the big brown sleigh and included 30 min epoxy, a new x-acto (very much needed), Motors A3-4T x2 and B4-4s (perfect for our smaller local field). Then to top it all off as a total surprise was a Mercury Redstone and a MPC USS Enterprise kits. Way too cool!
Thank you so much Santa for the amazing gift!!
🤓😂😍
I'm definitely going to have to keep working on building and finishing skills to before I tackle the Redstone, which is so cool to have a goal to aim for. Love it!
I'm not sure who my Santa is.... hmmm seems there weren't alot of clues in the thread, come to think of it I didn't leave many myself. I need to research and reply back....

PXL_20201226_122248071.jpg

...Looking at the date on the box from eRockets detailing when the shipping stamp expires, and taking into account posts detailing when their gifts were shipped, my initial 'line-up' consists of Brian Ditmer, Danh, Tobor, and Weetie11. Please forgive any false accusations if I am off the mark. To whoever it was, a most heartfelt "Thank You".
Your SS was very nice, but it was not I says me...

I had a most generous Secret Santa or two?
Big box from Madcow was indeed fiberglass AND a 4" kit. 4" Cowabunga (a favorite in my fleet) and, while I haven't dug into the other and it's not labeled, it looks like the Viper.
The other package was from Black Aero and labeled from my second Secret Santa, it contained a LCD case. So I am gonna guess Wally Ferrer, since he said he sent two packages and the timeline met with the packages showing up. I'm not so sure now since I may have two Secret Santas, or I misread the label, and I do in fact have one very generous Santa. Err...🤨

View attachment 444014
I am not your Secret Santa, wasn't me...

Couldn't sleep (my cat's fault) so we all just got up early. We opened the one gift we got so far that arrived at my brothers house from Apogee. I immediately laughed when I pulled out a set of Pink Rocket Earrings. I like them so much, they look amazing. Obviously that was meant for Mrs Elf. I didn't know Apogee sold such things. I gave the box to my wife and she thinks they are cute too. Then I dug a little deeper and pulled out an Apogee X-15 kit. Apparently it does not come with a chute, which is not an issue since I have plenty of chutes. Wow. Thank you Santa so much :). Thanks MikeyDSlagle! I am not sure if you are the Santa for this package, or just the middleman, but I appreciate your effort :). I do know there is at least one more present waiting for me when I get back from my Christmas Trip, and also I know one Santa ordered something for my wife, but due to shipping delays it will arrive here in Cincinnati after we leave. My brother will ship it to PA after it comes. I do know what's in the box, but I won't mention it until it comes so I don't spoil the surprise if she happens to read this :D. Thank you to all :)
View attachment 443901View attachment 443902

I am just the middle man this year. That is the gift we had the carrier redirect at the last minute. I was only aware of two Rogue Santas but there seems to have been more. I may have been the recipient of one myself. The generosity of the good folks here is amazing.
Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and that everyone gets their gifts soon!
:christmastree:

We decided to leave a little early from our trip. Got home to find someone sent me an eggfinder quantum kit with wifi. Perfect! Now that I got the stereo microscope from George for Christmas, I can actually see what I am doing when I am soldering these little parts. George also gave me several practice boards for surface mount components.
IMG_20201226_212930757.jpg

I can not confirm or deny that there are other rogue Santa's out there. I also can not confirm or deny that any rouge Santa's contacted me for contact info for people they were not assigned to.

As I understand it I may be getting one more conspirator gift.

Papa elf special will be delayed because all but one of the donations have arrived. Now I did have neighbors looking out for packages but I wasn't able to reach them so I am assuming they are not back from their Christmas gatherings yet. Also there was a notice that mail delivery can be up to three weeks late. One or my wife's gifts that was supposed to be here by the 11th is still not here. Finally, one of the donations for the Papa Elf Special was damaged so I need to see if the can send a new one or drop ship it to Tobor

Papa elf special will be delayed because all but one of the donations have arrived. Now I did have neighbors looking out for packages but I wasn't able to reach them so I am assuming they are not back from their Christmas gatherings yet. Also there was a notice that mail delivery can be up to three weeks late. One or my wife's gifts that was supposed to be here by the 11th is still not here. Finally, one of the donations for the Papa Elf Special was damaged so I need to see if the can send a new one or drop ship it to Tobor

Thx Papa Elf for all the effort in keeping this event organized. However long it takes works for me.

Tobor

Open gifts this morning one I opened was LOC Starfighter!!! Thank you Secret Santa will be next in my building line.
No clue who so wild shot in the dark MikeWrt
First guess was wrong so now I guess ulexis......

hint for my recipient my avatar has a Something in common with your gift

Back