Secret Santa 2020

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n3tjm

Papa Elf
Reaction score
Secret Santa 2020 (SIGN UP HAS ENDED)
Once again it’s time for Secret Santa! Christmas time is fast approaching and all the elves here at the North Pole are busy working overtime to make sure all the good boys and girls get all the rockets, motors, and accessories they deserve.

PAPA ELF SPECIAL
To encourage more people to sign up and not wait till the last day, Papa Elf will send a special gift to one lucky participant. Every person who signs up will be entered in a drawing. Their name will be entered in the drawing daily starting the day they sign up, till Thanksgiving Day. So, the sooner you sign up, the more entries you get! (note – if you want to opt out of the drawing, please let Papa Elf know when you submit your entry)

If you would like to contribute to the Papa Elf Special by donating items or covering the shipping cost, please PM me.

Rules:
- First Rule of Secret Santa is talk about Secret Santa!
- Speaking of Rules, Read the Rules
- DO NOT PARTICIPATE IF YOU HAVE NO INTENTION OF SENDING A GIFT.
-
DO NOT PARTICIPATE IF YOU DON’T PLAN ON CHECKING IN WHEN SENDING & RECEIVING.
- Signup deadline will be Thanksgiving Day, Thursday November 26th at 11:59pm. You will be contacted via e-mail with your recipients name, TRF handle, address, and wish list starting as early as November 27th.
- All check-in’s should be sent to [email protected]. Posting your check in on this thread is optional. Check in when you receive your e-mail, ordered your gift or sent your gift, and when you received your gift.
- Feel free to post your wishlist within this thread too. It is fun to see what other people are wishing for.
- You are encouraged to change your signature to advertise this event.
- Buy a gift for your recipient. How much you spend is up to you.

- Contact Papa Elf and let him know the gift is ordered.
- Receive your gift and report you got something in the mail.
- Christmas Morning - open your gift! Woe to the one that opens their gift early!
- Post whatcha got and guess who sent it. Don’t forget to say thanks

HOW TO SIGN UP!
If you want to participate, send an e-mail titled "Secret Santa 2020" to "[email protected]". Note: the old n3tjm e-mail will still work. In the e-mail, include the following information:

TRF Handle:
Address:
Phone #:
Wishlist:

Please start a new line for each field and with the wish list please keep everything on one line (Don't hit Enter). This makes it easier to enter the data into Papa Elf's spread sheet of good boys and girls. Your Phone number will remain private, Papa Elf just needs it in case he needs to contact you.

Example: (This is Papa Elf's actual wishlist. If you plan to send something to Papa Elf, please have it arrive no later than Dec 12th. Thanks.)
N3tjm <Enter>
Douglas Gardei <Enter>
125 Penn View Drive <Enter>
Penns Creek, PA 17862 <Enter>
555-555-5555 <Enter>

Wishlist: Nar Membership Renewal. Motors Hardware: RMS 24/40, 24/60, 29/40-120 motor. RMS 29/60, 100, 120, 180, 240, 360. RMS 38/ 360 and 720 with the floating bulkhead. RMS 54/852, 1280, 1706, 2560 motor. Extended Closure. Motors & Reloads: Quest Q-Jets A-D (including the White Lightning Versions). Reloads for RMS 18/20, 24/40, 24/60, 29/40-120 (E23-5T, G53-5FJ, G64-4W, G76-4G), RMS 29/120 with G25 loads, RMS 54/1760 and K550 Reload. I205DMS, L1000 DMS (Wishful Thinking). RMS 98/10240 and M1939 reload (Really wishful thinking, but I would love to fly my L3 rocket again, and actually see it fly.) Blast off Flight Pack. Electronics: Missileworks RRC2+ Altimeter, Quark Eggtimer, Jolly Logic Chute Release. Eggtimer Quantum, Eggtimer GPS Tracker/Flight computer 70cm Ham Version (my call sign is N3TJM), Eggfinder LCD Handheld Reciever 70cm Ham Version with LCD-GPS Module. Rockets: Aerotech: Mega Initiator, Arreauxbee-Hi, G-Force. Apogee: X-15, Saturn 1B, Saturn V (Wishful Thinking). Estes Saturn 1B, 1/100 Saturn V, Saturn V Skylab, Astrocam, Door Knob, Nike Smoke PS, Designer Kit Special. Dynasoar - IntR/Ceptor, Spyplane, X-plane RC Kits. Loc: Bruiser-EXP3, Mega Magg, 5.5” Phoenix, Warlock. Pemberton Technologies: Bucky Jones, Space Ark. Others: AMW Gift Certificate. Hobbylinc Gift Certificate
Performance Hobbies Gift Certificate. Gift visa to buy Gas. Anything from Wildman. Anything you think Papa & Mrs Elf would like.

Have Fun!

Papa Elf

P.s. Mrs Elf says she wants something Pink.

Last edited:
Count me in!
Email will be sent after touching up a wish list.

:christmastree:

Edit: Email sent

Edit again: to add wish list below

Dear Santa, Low power only please. I fly at my local park which limits my altitude and often with my young family. Kits are always appreciated and I've listed many. However, I already have quite a pile waiting to be built and finished. Thank you! Merry Christmas!

Estes Kits - Ghost Chaser, Nova Payloader, Black Brant II, Patriot, Big Daddy, Super Neon, Sidekick
Semroc Kits - MMX Bluebird, MMX Cherokee, MMX Fat Boy, MMX Goblin
Any kit in your stash you want someone to have fun with or surprise of your choice.

Estes motors - 1/2A3 to B or bulk packs
Quest motor - Q-Jet A3-4, Q-Jet B4-4

Electronics - Flightsketch Mini

Recovery Parts - Low power kevlar (150 lb or less)

Tools - Hobby knife, Qualman fin guides (BT 1/16", BT 3/32", BT 1/8"), Apogee Sanding T, magnifier, BSI 30 min Epoxy, other assembly tools you find useful

Funds to put towards NAR Membership or gift cards to Rocketry Works, eRockets, Hobby Lobby, other rocket suppliers/vendors, etc.

Last edited:
Wish list
Is here
Thanks all
I love Secret Santa!

Wish List
Estes Saturn 1b
Loc precision Starfighter.
North Coast Hyperswift, SA-14 Archer, Bounty Hunter, F-117
More Rockets The Tomcat
Sirius Rocketry midpower Intregator, Refit USS Atlantis

Secret Santa 2020
Once again it’s time for Secret Santa! Christmas time is fast approaching and all the elves here at the North Pole are busy working overtime to make sure all the good boys and girls get all the rockets, motors, and accessories they deserve.

PAPA ELF SPECIAL
To encourage more people to sign up and not wait till the last day, Papa Elf will send a special gift to one lucky participant. Every person who signs up will be entered in a drawing. Their name will be entered in the drawing daily starting the day they sign up, till Thanksgiving Day. So, the sooner you sign up, the more entries you get! (note – if you want to opt out of the drawing, please let Papa Elf know when you submit your entry)

If you would like to contribute to the Papa Elf Special by donating items or covering the shipping cost, please PM me.

Rules:
- First Rule of Secret Santa is talk about Secret Santa!
- Speaking of Rules, Read the Rules
- DO NOT PARTICIPATE IF YOU HAVE NO INTENTION OF SENDING A GIFT.
-
DO NOT PARTICIPATE IF YOU DON’T PLAN ON CHECKING IN WHEN SENDING & RECEIVING.
- Signup deadline will be Thanksgiving Day, Thursday November 26th at 11:59pm. You will be contacted via e-mail with your recipients name, TRF handle, address, and wish list starting as early as November 27th.
- All check-in’s should be sent to [email protected]. Posting your check in on this thread is optional. Check in when you receive your e-mail, ordered your gift or sent your gift, and when you received your gift.
- Feel free to post your wishlist within this thread too. It is fun to see what other people are wishing for.
- You are encouraged to change your signature to advertise this event.
- Buy a gift for your recipient. How much you spend is up to you.

- Contact Papa Elf and let him know the gift is ordered.
- Receive your gift and report you got something in the mail.
- Christmas Morning - open your gift! Woe to the one that opens their gift early!
- Post whatcha got and guess who sent it. Don’t forget to say thanks

HOW TO SIGN UP!
If you want to participate, send an e-mail titled "Secret Santa 2020" to "[email protected]". Note: the old n3tjm e-mail will still work. In the e-mail, include the following information:

TRF Handle:
Address:
Phone #:
Wishlist:

Please start a new line for each field and with the wish list please keep everything on one line (Don't hit Enter). This makes it easier to enter the data into Papa Elf's spread sheet of good boys and girls. Your Phone number will remain private, Papa Elf just needs it in case he needs to contact you.

Example: (This is Papa Elf's actual wishlist. If you plan to send something to Papa Elf, please have it arrive no later than Dec 12th. Thanks.)
N3tjm <Enter>
Douglas Gardei <Enter>
125 Penn View Drive <Enter>
Penns Creek, PA 17862 <Enter>
555-555-5555 <Enter>

Wishlist: Nar Membership Renewal. Motors Hardware: RMS 24/40, 24/60, 29/40-120 motor. RMS 29/60, 100, 120, 180, 240, 360. RMS 38/ 360 and 720 with the floating bulkhead. RMS 54/852, 1280, 1706, 2560 motor. Extended Closure. Motors & Reloads: Quest Q-Jets A-D (including the White Lightning Versions). Reloads for RMS 18/20, 24/40, 24/60, 29/40-120 (E23-5T, G53-5FJ, G64-4W, G76-4G), RMS 29/120 with G25 loads, RMS 54/1760 and K550 Reload. I205DMS, L1000 DMS (Wishful Thinking). RMS 98/10240 and M1939 reload (Really wishful thinking, but I would love to fly my L3 rocket again, and actually see it fly.) Blast off Flight Pack. Electronics: Missileworks RRC2+ Altimeter, Quark Eggtimer, Jolly Logic Chute Release. Eggtimer Quantum, Eggtimer GPS Tracker/Flight computer 70cm Ham Version (my call sign is N3TJM), Eggfinder LCD Handheld Reciever 70cm Ham Version with LCD-GPS Module. Rockets: Aerotech: Mega Initiator, Arreauxbee-Hi, G-Force. Apogee: X-15, Saturn 1B, Saturn V (Wishful Thinking). Estes Saturn 1B, 1/100 Saturn V, Saturn V Skylab, Astrocam, Door Knob, Nike Smoke PS, Designer Kit Special. Dynasoar - IntR/Ceptor, Spyplane, X-plane RC Kits. Loc: Bruiser-EXP3, Mega Magg, 5.5” Phoenix, Warlock. Pemberton Technologies: Bucky Jones, Space Ark. Others: AMW Gift Certificate. Hobbylinc Gift Certificate
Performance Hobbies Gift Certificate. Gift visa to buy Gas. Anything from Wildman. Anything you think Papa & Mrs Elf would like.

Have Fun!

Papa Elf

P.s. Mrs Elf says she wants something Pink.
wishlist sent

As I mentioned last year, some pointers:
  • We all don't know exactly what you do, rocketry wise; mention if you prefer / only fly LPR, MPR or HPR
  • Don't ask for just big $$$ items. you may not think $50 is a lot, but someone likely does..
  • Realize that you SS might be an LPR / L0 / new guy, and has no idea about HPR parts & such.
  • Be specific. If you say "anything" expect anything. But again, the SS looks at this and thinks.. "I have no idea what to get this guy, who only posts 3 times a year.. I hope he likes the limited edition gold foil Micromax Andromeda"
  • The bigger the list, the better we can choose & tailor the gift for you!
  • Your list doesn't have to be 'just rockets', but think about tools, paints, bench caddies, field boxes, a tarp, an easy-up / sun shade, etc..
I mention this, as I've had a few lists in the past, and looking up the receiver's post history, I was like.. "Uhm.. OK, an Estes skill 1 kit and a 4"x 36" FG BT, green.."

What's the recommended amount to spend? I had a blast (get it, rocketry joke) with this last year!!

That is up to you. The rules used to say $20 to $30, but people routinely spend a lot more than that. There are some generous Santas out there :D. Don't spend more than you want to.

I am Returned....

Wishlist: Gift certificates to CS rocketry, Wildman, Apogee, Loc, Madcow, MAC perf, etc.....
Aerotech: Reloads for 29/40-120 Hobbyline (or other hobbyline reloads), 24/60 cases/closures, Q-jet motors
Cesaroni: Pro24 1grain case, Pro 24 3 grain case, Pro29 6XL grain case,
Flightsketch: Flightsketch Mini altimeter,
Madcow Rocketry: 2.6" PAC-3 Patriot,
Estes: Saturn 1B

I'm in this time! Missed the "Secret Santa in July" this year :(:confused:

Wishlist:
Accur8: Estes Mercury Redstone 3D UV resin hollow 1 piece fins and Super Detail Skin Kit
Apogee Components: Firefox SHX, Orion, Vigilangle, Katana, Peregrine, Madcow Torrent, Skonk Wulf
Estes: Alpha, Corvette Class, Big Daddy, Hi Flier XL, Red Nova, Tazz, QCC Explorer, Conquest, Der Red Max
Jolly Logic Chute Release
LOC: Photon, Graduator 2.56”
Loki: 38mm 240, 480 motor hardware, any 38mm 38-120 reloads (going for HPR Level 1/Level 2 in 2021, no HPR certifications currently)
MAC Performance Rockety: 3” BOLT Missile
Madcow: 2.6” Mozzie, 2.2” Scooter, 2.6” Momba, 4” Cowabunga, 3” Sport X, 3” Little John,
Quest: Any Q-Jet motors or multi-packs, first fire micro initiator
Wildman Rocketry: Punisher 3

Email sent to Santa. Here's my list:

Wishlist: Low to mid power stuff only.
New Way Rocketry: Firecat 4, Exocet, Honest John, Squaros;
Estes: Saturn V-Skylab, Interceptor;
Semroc: Satellite Killer, MX Jayhawk, Capsule Apollo;
Rocketarium: Jayhawk AQM-37C;
Apogee: Sanding Tee;
I’m cool with stuff from your private kit collection, even opened bag stuff – Estes: OOP Enterprise, and other cool OOP stuff from the 70’s and 80’s.

I'm in again, this was fun in July.

Wishlist, I fly mostly LPR and MPR in a local park and try to get to regional launches once or twice a year.

Hardware: Loki 38/120 and 38/240 cases
Motors: Aerotech Hobbyline Reloads for 18/20, 24/40, 29/40-120 Hardware. Any Estes or Qjet motors
Kits: Estes Protostar, Estes Star Orbiter, SBR Lil Thor, Mach 1 Trivecta 324, Wildman Darkstar 3. Electronics: Jolly Logic Chute Release, Eggtimer Apogee, Quark, or Quantum
Misc: BSI 30 min epoxy, Rocketpoxy, TRA Membership Renewal

Thanks for looking and Merry Christmas!!

Yikes! It's time already?

Okay I'm in! Email sent.

-Wish List- LPR / MPR / HPR

Kits:
Binder Design: Jackhammer
Composite Warehouse: AGM-12D Bull Pup 4 Lite
Loc: 4" V2, 4" Phoenix
Mac Performance: 3" or 4" Sky Scraper, 4" Pluto SLAM
Mach1: Antigravity 65
Madcow: 2.6" Bomarc, 4" Phoenix, 4" Fiberglass Rogue, 4" Fiberglass V2, 4" Fiberglass X-Celerator, 4" Fiberglass Lil Rascal SE, 6" Fiberglass Stinger
NewWay Rockets: 2x4 Square, Demon N-20 Square, Exocet, Silent Knight, Steamliner, Skyrise Square, Starship Deceptor
North Coast Rocketry: F-117 Nighthawk, Lance Delta, SR-99 Hyper Swift
Pem-Tech: King Kraken
PML: Striker, Pterodactyl Jr, 3" Bull Puppy, Bumble Bee
Semroc: USS Andromeda, Laser X, Mars Snooper, Omega, Orbital Transport, Orion, Starship Vega, Taurus,
The Squirrel Works: Metropolitan Police Call Box
Vander-Burn: Estes Doorknob upgrade w/38mm MMT, Estes Scion Clone
Wildman: Lance Beta, Punisher Sport

Hardware:
Loki: 38/480 w/bulkhead & #19 nozzle

Electronics:
Featherweight GPS
Marsa 33LHD
Eggtimer Proton

Gift Card:
CS Rocketry, eRockets, Fruity Chutes, Madcow, Rocketman, Sirius Rockets, Top Flight Recovery, Wildman, etc...

Last edited:
Too nervous to get in on this last year and missed the summer session too. I'm not going to miss this one.

Email sent

Wishlist: MPR/HPR
Kits:
Binder Design: 3” Dual Deploy Bat, 38mm
Loc: 4" Patriot, 3" Black Brant X
Mac Performance: 3" or 4" Sky Scraper, 4" Pluto SLAM
Mach1: Black Hole EXT 54
Mad Cow: 2.6 Patriot
PML: Mini BBX
The Squirrel Works: Metropolitan Police Call Box
Wildman:
V-2 2.6
Hardware:
CTI: 54mm 1 grain, 54mm 2 grain
Aerotech: 38/120, 38/240
Aeropack: A 3854 adapter

Electronics:
Perfectflite Stratalogger CF
Missile Works RRC3
Jolly Logic chute release

Gift Card:
Fruity Chutes, Madcow, Rocketman, Top Flight Recovery, Wildman, etc...

I am in!
email sent

Wishlist: Mid to High Power stuff
OneBadHawk:
3/8" Tubular Kevlar Harness W/ 2 Sewn Loops
3/8" Tubular Kevlar Harness W/ 3 Sewn Loops
7/16" Tubular Kevlar Harness W/ 2 Sewn Loops
7/16" Tubular Kevlar Harness W/ 3 Sewn Loops

Electronics:
Featherweight Raven 4
Featherweight GPS
Missile Works RRC3

Fiberglass Kits prefer 3" and above

Gift certificates:
CS rocketry
Wildman
Madcow
MAC performance

In all seriousness, these are only ideas and will be grateful for anything!

Thanks
Mendal

I’m in!

email sent.

Wishlist:
Shrockets: Ibis
PML: Bumblebee
Aerotech: Sumo
Semroc: Mars Snooper, Starship Vega, Taurus
Aggressor Areospace Rocketry: Dong Feng 11-A, Dong Feng 15-B
Sky Rocketry: Shenzhou
More Rockets: Patrol Cruiser Excalibur, Nebulon Warrior, Galactic Taxi, Mach 10
Estes: LEO Space Train, 1:100 scale Saturn V, Saturn 1B
Quest: Harpon, Q-Jet motors C and D

I'm in! email coming shortly.

Wishlist: Loki Research 54mm tailcone, Loki Research gift card, Bay Area Rocketry gift card, any fiberglass kit, Fruitychutes gift card, Soller Composites gift card, Aerotech H13, anything else you think I'd like. (I like anything that goes high or fast)

I'll keep this list updated if I think of anything else to add.

This sounds fun, count me in! (Email sent)

@dr wogz - thanks for the pro tips!

Context for my SS that may likely find this post: I'm a recent BAR and newcomer to TRF so apologies for the lack of history to go off of. I'm currently learning all I can in the MPR world and just finished my first rocket, LOC Graduator, and am waiting on my second to arrive, ASP Aerobee 300. From there the hope is to slowly learn things like working with fiberglass, electronics, DD, and potentially clustering or staging. I would like to get comfortable with (and enjoy) as much as I can on my home MPR field before I take the plunge into HPR and the "vacations" it will take to travel West to fly those.

Wishlist: (obviously open to anything as I'm still learning)

Kits:
  • Mach1Rocketry -
    • Star Cruiser 1.63",
    • Speed Demon 1.63" w/dual deploy
  • Loc Precision -
    • LaserLoc 163
    • Deployer
  • Aerotech -
    • Arreaux
Motors:
  • Aerotech 29/40-120 reloads (E23T-5, G53FJ-7, G64W-7)
  • Aerotech 29/120 Casing
  • G25W-10 reload for 29/120 casing
Electronics:
  • RRC2+
  • AltimeterThree
Tools:
  • Fin Guid (3 fin, have been looking at some 4 fin scale models but will likely hold on those until L1 certified)
  • MPR Field Box (currently using an old fishing tackle box)
  • 29mm display stand(s)
  • Launch Day accessories (have yet to go to a club launch so no idea what would be needed, currently utilizing a private pasture)

Back