Secret Santa 2020

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Couldn't sleep (my cat's fault) so we all just got up early. We opened the one gift we got so far that arrived at my brothers house from Apogee. I immediately laughed when I pulled out a set of Pink Rocket Earrings. I like them so much, they look amazing. Obviously that was meant for Mrs Elf. I didn't know Apogee sold such things. I gave the box to my wife and she thinks they are cute too. Then I dug a little deeper and pulled out an Apogee X-15 kit. Apparently it does not come with a chute, which is not an issue since I have plenty of chutes. Wow. Thank you Santa so much :). Thanks MikeyDSlagle! I am not sure if you are the Santa for this package, or just the middleman, but I appreciate your effort :). I do know there is at least one more present waiting for me when I get back from my Christmas Trip, and also I know one Santa ordered something for my wife, but due to shipping delays it will arrive here in Cincinnati after we leave. My brother will ship it to PA after it comes. I do know what's in the box, but I won't mention it until it comes so I don't spoil the surprise if she happens to read this :D. Thank you to all :)
Rocket Earings.jpgApogee X-15.jpg

Christmas is here. Thanks Trevor (@0011001100 ) ... you left your name on the packing slip...and your name is in your sig. I think I did that too.

View attachment 443926
You're welcome. I forgot about my name being in my sig I thought you'd have to look through posts to figure out it was me. This was the first time I tried leaving a hint but I guess it was too easy :p

Opened my gifts from Secret Santa. Very cool choices! Thank you so much Santa! I think I will start with the Boosted Bertha since I have a thing for two stage rockets at the moment. 20201225_100746.jpg
As for my Santa guess, I will go with mikewrt. I believe my Santa is from Arizona and he's the only one obviously from there.

Merry Christmas all!

Yes, the day is here, and as Ralphie Parker put it in "A Christmas Story"; “We plunged into the cornucopia quivering with desire and the ecstasy of unbridled avarice.”

My Secret Santa was most generous, and as a result my build pile is now +2 from what it was before... A Semroc Aerobee 150 and an ASP WAC Corporal with the Tiny Tim booster. (the Lego Saturn V was a gift from my Mrs.)

TRF_SS_2020.JPG

Now I need to work out just who this Saint Nicholas is/was. I've been monitoring posts to the thread so I can eliminate about eight potential Santas based on their reports of gift deliveries, but that still leaves a significant number of suspects. Looking at the date on the box from eRockets detailing when the shipping stamp expires, and taking into account posts detailing when their gifts were shipped, my initial 'line-up' consists of Brian Ditmer, Danh, Tobor, and Weetie11. Please forgive any false accusations if I am off the mark. To whoever it was, a most heartfelt "Thank You".

After doing some investigation ... I will guess that my Secret Santa is jbracer.

what why me?!?! Lol, sorry about creeping on your Facebook I thought the comics would be a nice touch.
Merry Christmas Scott, I’m sure I’ll see you at some launches since we are so close. I’ll be at WSR the 2nd.

what why me?!?! Lol, sorry about creeping on your Facebook I thought the comics would be a nice touch.
Merry Christmas Scott, I’m sure I’ll see you at some launches since we are so close. I’ll be at WSR the 2nd.

I am working on the Viper now. Fins are drying now. I think I'm going to go with a block/motor retainer over the hook.
With any luck, it may fly on the 2nd. Provided Dave doesn't cancel on us.

You outed yourself on the TRF Traveler topic since the package had the address on it lol.

Merry Christmas all!

Yes, the day is here, and as Ralphie Parker put it in "A Christmas Story"; “We plunged into the cornucopia quivering with desire and the ecstasy of unbridled avarice.”

My Secret Santa was most generous, and as a result my build pile is now +2 from what it was before... A Semroc Aerobee 150 and an ASP WAC Corporal with the Tiny Tim booster. (the Lego Saturn V was a gift from my Mrs.)

View attachment 443943

Now I need to work out just who this Saint Nicholas is/was. I've been monitoring posts to the thread so I can eliminate about eight potential Santas based on their reports of gift deliveries, but that still leaves a significant number of suspects. Looking at the date on the box from eRockets detailing when the shipping stamp expires, and taking into account posts detailing when their gifts were shipped, my initial 'line-up' consists of Brian Ditmer, Danh, Tobor, and Weetie11. Please forgive any false accusations if I am off the mark. To whoever it was, a most heartfelt "Thank You".

Nice gifts! My wife got me the Lego Saturn V last year for Christmas. It is a fun build!

I am working on the Viper now. Fins are drying now. I think I'm going to go with a block/motor retainer over the hook.
With any luck, it may fly on the 2nd. Provided Dave doesn't cancel on us.

You outed yourself on the TRF Traveler topic since the package had the address on it lol.

right on! Merry Christmas Scott!

Opened my gifts from Secret Santa. Very cool choices! Thank you so much Santa! I think I will start with the Boosted Bertha since I have a thing for two stage rockets at the moment. View attachment 443934
As for my Santa guess, I will go with mikewrt. I believe my Santa is from Arizona and he's the only one obviously from there.

Nice gifts! Good guess but sorry not me!

I opened my box from ACSupply this morning to find a new Estes Saturn 1B! I'm very excited to build this rocket, so a special thanks to my SS - who, after a short investigation of the shipping invoice, I proclaim to be Mark Schnell!

Thank you Mark! This is going to be awesome!

PXL_20201225_173914654.jpg

Last edited:
I opened my box from ACSupply this morning to find a new Estes Saturn 1B! I'm very excited to build this rocket, so a special thanks to my SS - who, after a short investigation of the shipping invoice, I proclaim to be Mark Schnell!

Thank you Mark! This is going to be awesome!

View attachment 443956
So glad you got it and are excited about it. I forgot to ask them to make sure my name wasn't on it. I was excited for it as a gift for you, so I have one on the way for myself too! Merry Christmas.

Last edited:
Back