Secret Santa 2018

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, I'm in!

ESTES: Little Joe 1, Alpha VI, Little Joe II, Estes SLV

QUEST: Q-jet motors C & D

MORE ROCKETS: Alien Explorer, Galactic Taxi, Mach 10, Nebulon Warrior, Patrol Cruiser Excalibur, Star Speeder

SEMROC: Mars Snooper, UFO Invader, Starship Vega, USS America

AEROTECH: Sumo

PEMBERTON TECHNOLOGIES: 3FNC

JOLLY LOGIC: Chute Release

SIRIUS ROCKETRY: Eradicator

On second thought, I'm out. I don't need to add anything to the heap. In reality, I need to get rid of most of it....

I'm in!

Chris

Estes: Little Joe I, Citation Patriot, Explorer Aquarius
Madcow: Any of the 1.6” mini kits, 4” Big Fizz
LOC: Any Park Flyer, 4” Goblin
AMW: Gift Cert, NSL Big Bertha, 38MM White Wolf
MoreRockets: Repro Nighthawk kit
Quest: Q-Jets
Eggtimer: Quantum kit
Featherweight GPS tracker
Wildman: any kit
Aerotech: 18/20 casing, 24/40 casing, 24/60 casing

On second thought, I'm out. I don't need to add anything to the heap. In reality, I need to get rid of most of it....

Sounds like a great way to do an exchange...the dude/girl with your name gets something from the pile, and your secret Santa replaces that one...the names may change, but the headcount stays the same :D

Wishlist inbound

Gift cards: CSrockets, Wildman, Apogee, Binder, MAC performance, etc

Estes(desired in descending order): Super Big Bertha, Astron Explorer, Humdinger, Flip Flyer, Checkmate, Loadstar II, Mean Machine Explorer Aquarius, Bullpup, Metalizer

US rockets(from apogee and ?): Dual 18mm rear eject (this is the actual rocket name.....)

Aerotech: 24/40 Hobbyline motor, 24/60 hobbyline motor, 29/40-120 reloads

Cesaroni: Pro24 1gr, 2gr, 3gr cases

Misc: 38mm Aeropack retainer (fits madcow tubes),

Jolly Logic: Altimeter 3

AAR (from apogee and ?): Dong-Feng 11A

Bonus: Madcow 4" pac-3 Patriot

US rockets(from apogee and ?): Dual 18mm rear eject (this is the actual rocket name.....)

Neat rocket! Now you have me wanting to add it to my wishlist. :D

Speaking of changing lists, I see folks have posted updates to their lists. Are those also getting updated with Papa Elf? Is that allowed?

Speaking of changing lists, I see folks have posted updates to their lists. Are those also getting updated with Papa Elf? Is that allowed?

He'll send the giftee wishlist he's received via email to the gifter when deadline comes. If the giftee is wise, they'll give him an updated list.

I have seen several people request the deadline be sooner than Thanksgiving so they can take advantage of Black Friday's sales. Thanksgiving is the day I have time to take the time to sit down, decide who gets who, and send out all the e-mails. You will get your e-mail before Black Friday unless something happens to me. This is a lot of work. I'm not complaining. I love doing this. This is the eleventh year of doing this. It's important for me to do this. It's my small contribution to the rocket community.

Here is the current list of people who have signed up. Note; if you send an e-mail that says I'm in, but don't give me any of your details... that does not count.

bibbster
Brian
chrisudy
DeepOvertone
dr_wogz
DRAGON64
Eric
gdsjky01
jazzviper1
jlnel
Kallahan11
locksmith
MikeyDSlagle
Nytrunner
rc dude
Rocketpunch
rockets
Rockyt
sandeja1
smugglervt
Solid_fuel
Viperfixr

Thanks for taking the time away from your holiday to do this. When you get to it you get to it, no worries. Thanks again for always doing this.

He'll send the giftee wishlist he's received via email to the gifter when deadline comes. If the giftee is wise, they'll give him an updated list.

And a good Secret Santa will return here and see if there is a new or updated list. I see I can't go back and edit mine however. Sending in updated lists may overwhelm the good Papa Elf, whatya say Papa Elf, we get one update email if we need it?

Any e-mail with updated wish lists received before the deadline will be included in the e-mails that will be sent out. Secret Santa's are also encouraged to check this thread to see if there are any changes that where not e-mailed.

Count me in!! Email coming soon!! Thanks a bunch Papa Elf for all you do!!

Missed this thread... until now!

I'm in.

Wishlist:
Hardware & reloads:
Any AT reloads, particularly 29mm hobby-line (for 29/40-120 case)
Loki 38mm reloads
Loki 38/120 case
Loki 38mm #10 nozzle (for 38/120 case reloads)
Loki 38mm #25 nozzle (for K-627 reload)
CTI 29mm 3g cases (looking at ~3 total for clustering)
CTI 29mm closure

Electronics:
Eggfinder mini
Eggtimer Quantum
Eggtimer Proton
magnetic switches

Kits:
LOC Ultimate (heheheh)
Other LOC clustering kits
Any MAC Performance kit (what is this Phenolic Canvas stuff, anyway?)
Any Mach1 Rocketry kit (BT50 or larger, please - I have poor parachute packing skills)

Building supplies:
3" composite tubing
1"/BT-50 composite tubing (Minimum 2' needed, prefer longer)
Ripstop Parachutes, 18" or larger

Other:
Fliskits stable/unstable T-shirts (*Sigh*)
Sunriver Nature Center (Oregon) gift certificate
Gift card for LOC, Madcow, Wildman, MAC Performance, Mach1 rocketry, etc

Updated List:

I like surprises, but here are some wishes...

Rockets:
Apogee: Flying Machine
Pemberton Tech: Little Bucky Jones
Aerotech: Cheetah, or any other
Estes: Hi Flier XL, Mean Machine, Executioner, Lance Beta, Quinstar

Motors: Aerotech RMS-24/40 Motor Hardware Set (60001), Estes Blast Off Flight Pack

Rocket Supplies: Estes Designers Special #1980 or a box full of thoughtful builders things

I’m in.

And if you’re kind enough to get the super, extra awesome item on my list, I’ll be forever grateful.

Actually, I’ll be so regardless.

Hey Papa Elf,
Sorry for the added headache but I've updated my wish list. Email sent.

Wish List

Kits:
Binder Design: 4" Devastator, 4" Terrordactyl
Estes: Saturn V
Loc: LOC Goblin, 4" V2, 4" Phoenix
Mac Performance: 3" or 4" Sky Scraper, 4" Pluto SLAM
Madcow: 4" AGM-33 Pike, Carbon Fiber Mongoose 38, 6" Fiberglass Stinger, 4" Tembo, 4" Phoenix, 4" Fiberglass Rogue, 4" Fiberglass V2, 4" Fiberglass X-Celerator, 4" Fiberglass Lil Rascal SE, 2.6" Bomarc
Pem-Tech: King Kraken
PML: Striker, Pterodactyl Jr, Bull Puppy 3.0, AGM-Pitbull 2.56, Bumble Bee
Semroc: Mars Lander

Hardware:
Aerotech: RMS-54/1706 Special Combo (From Wildman Rocketry)
Loki: 38/480 w/bulkhead & #19 nozzle

Electronics:
Featherweight GPS
Marsa 33LHD
Eggtimer Proton

Gift Card: Apogee, Sirius Rockets, Madcow, or any other rocket etailer.

Here is the current good boys and girls list. I was going update the previous list but I could not figure out how to edit a post (How do I do that?)

bibbster
Brian
chrisudy
DeepOvertone
dr_wogz
DRAGON64
emckee
Eric
fyrfytr310
gdsjky01
jazzviper1
jlnel
Kallahan11
locksmith
MikeyDSlagle
Nytrunner
rc dude
Rocketpunch
rockets
Rockyt
sandeja1
Sdot22
smugglervt
Stan
Tobor
UPScaler
Viperfixr
Weetie11

Papa Elf

You can't edit a post after a certain amount of time has passed, don't know how much time though.

Sent in an updated list. Added a few more budget friendlier items and some overly-generous-santa items.:D

Sent in an updated list. Added a few more budget friendlier items and some overly-generous-santa items.:D

Haha. My list, if you want to call it that, is pretty open to whatever my Santa wants to roll with but it does have one of those 'You know what? It doesn't hurt to ask.' items lol

Participating vendors will be posted in another thread soon.

Where is this thread? I think in the whole time I've participated,I have yet to see a participating vendor list. Saw one vendor offer free gift wrapping for the event some time back but that's it. Just curious.

Until the vendor thread gets started here is what Art Applewhite Rockets is offering for each Secret Santa order.
1. Free gift wrapping
2. Priority Mail shipping
3. Drop shipment to Secret Santa recipient
4. Package tracking for Secret Santa sender
5. Customized Secret Santa card with gift
6. Double boxed so outside shipping box can be opened and inside gift wrapped box can be put under the Christmas tree.

A prosperous Thanksgiving to us all,

Art Applewhite

Cool. I have had one or two Secret Santa gifts arrive at the recipient with my name on it and/or a receipt inside with my name on it.

Where is this thread? I think in the whole time I've participated,I have yet to see a participating vendor list. Saw one vendor offer free gift wrapping for the event some time back but that's it. Just curious.

Opps. Copy and paste error. When we first started doing this there was another thread. But then vendors started posting their specials in the main secret santa thread anyway.

Back