Secret Santa 2017

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think my Santa went insane!!! I got a 3" Madcow Little John. And a 1.6" Fiberglass Black Brant. And a 54mm Aeropack retainer. I am speechless. Thank You Santa!
I have no guess to who it was, but wow! Thank you very, very much.

My build pile got a little larger with a Loc NORAD Pro Maxx!

Thank you, Secret Santa!

My guess is T-Rex?

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

I can take the 4" Phoenix off my list now! Thanks mystery gifter!

Y u no leave clues!?

Now Big SAM won't be lonely as my only "legitimate" HPR (disregarding souped up MPRs)

My SS was very generous this year too! I got the Estes PSII Nike smoke! That ones going to the top of the build pile! No guess on who it is but I’ll give my first clue as to who I bought for.

My purchase was from mad cow.

I received three mysterious packages, one resolved to be from my brother. So I either have an extremely generous SS or I have two SS. I received a harness straight from OneBadHawk that was on my list and a second Madcow Nike-Apache. The Nike-Apache had all the parts individually wrapped in Xmas paper with lots of tape.

Thank you Secret Santa whoever you are.

I got a Semroc Trident & a Quest Future launch Vehicle. Too cool! And some brown paper!

Thanks Secret Santa-man!

I'm guessing its the gentleman with an E and (or?) an R in his name..

Unboxing... wife wrapped the package in an amazon gift bag, so got a bit of extra unwrapping in!

Opened it up and... all I can say is WOW!!!

Two G79W-M reloads
Two extra delays to allow Long delays,
AND a full 29/120 case with closures!

Holy smokes! SS, you have truly gone above and beyond! I wish I had any idea who to thank, but there were no hints left!

Wow, I have to step up my game!

Thank you Secret Santa!

Thank you to my Secret Santa!

A nice set of custom cut fin guides for my LOC 5.5" Sandhawk, and a Eggtimer Quantum. Looking forward to some fun builds this spring!

My SS was very generous this year too! I got the Estes PSII Nike smoke! That ones going to the top of the build pile! No guess on who it is but I’ll give my first clue as to who I bought for.

My purchase was from mad cow.

Merry Christmas to you, Tim. Enjoy the build!! :)

Thanks,

I received (3) 3D printed sleds in 38mm, 54mm and 76mm, that is downright AWESOME! Thanks to my Secret Santa, these will be put to good use.

Got a Cowabunga direct from Madcow so I have no clue but thank you very much Secret Santa.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Rocketry Forum mobile app

Twas I! Glad you like it, hope to see some pics of it flying some time!

I opened my package to find the Mad Cow Mini Cowabunga and the Mini Patriot! Awesome! Some general purpose MPR propellant eaters was exactly what I wanted!

Braden

I received three mysterious packages, one resolved to be from my brother. So I either have an extremely generous SS or I have two SS. I received a harness straight from OneBadHawk that was on my list and a second Madcow Nike-Apache. The Nike-Apache had all the parts individually wrapped in Xmas paper with lots of tape.

Thank you Secret Santa whoever you are.

Ok, the harness is from my Secret Santa, a friend I have not heard from in a couple years was the jokester who sent the Nike-Apache.

The harness gifted to me will be used for my BourbonRoc project which is planned to fly at this years Red Glare in April.

Thank you very much.

I received a loki 38mm plugged bulkhead! Thanks secret santa!! And based on the shipping label my guess is BMG22.

Twas I! Glad you like it, hope to see some pics of it flying some time!

I opened my package to find the Mad Cow Mini Cowabunga and the Mini Patriot! Awesome! Some general purpose MPR propellant eaters was exactly what I wanted!

Braden
Thanks Braden, I'll definitely get some pics or video this Spring. Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Rocketry Forum mobile app

Unboxing... wife wrapped the package in an amazon gift bag, so got a bit of extra unwrapping in!

Opened it up and... all I can say is WOW!!!

Two G79W-M reloads
Two extra delays to allow Long delays,
AND a full 29/120 case with closures!

Holy smokes! SS, you have truly gone above and beyond! I wish I had any idea who to thank, but there were no hints left!

Wow, I have to step up my game!

Thank you Secret Santa!

Sounds like those motors will be enjoyed! Any birds they might go in?

Hark! What yonder rocket kit is here?

Secret Santa has gifted me my first 29mm kit, an AMW Pro-X White Wolf!

Do decals or stickers of the TRF logo exist? They would be kinda cool on Secret Santa gift rockets. And I'm going to guess (mostly because his name is on the shipping label) that my Secret Santa is djkingsley...

Hark! What yonder rocket kit is here?

Secret Santa has gifted me my first 29mm kit, an AMW Pro-X White Wolf!

Do decals or stickers of the TRF logo exist? They would be kinda cool on Secret Santa gift rockets. And I'm going to guess (mostly because his name is on the shipping label) that my Secret Santa is djkingsley...

Nothing better than the shipper forgetting to take your secret Santa's name off the slip lol.

Seriously though, whoever sent me that 4" Phoenix, Thank you! It's already making friends with the Patriot. (Kind of has to since they'll be sharing the Pro38 cases and chute release)

Clues? Okay. It came from Madcow. It was a rocket larger then quite a few MPR (L1/L2) kits. It requires a 36" chute. And, it was very hard not to buy one for myself. The only thing that saved me was a very tight budget for this Christmas year.

Sounds like those motors will be enjoyed! Any birds they might go in?

Absolutely! My son and I share this case size, so there is an Estes PSII Nike Smoke, MDRM, Wildman Jart and 2.6" V2, as well as others. If you come to some OROC launches this year, I expect you'll see them! I also tried out the G25W longburn last year, which fits this case and is really a great little motor!

Kris, assuming you’re my SS, I owe you one! Will try to pay it forward next year, regardless!

-e

Absolutely! My son and I share this case size, so there is an Estes PSII Nike Smoke, MDRM, Wildman Jart and 2.6" V2, as well as others. If you come to some OROC launches this year, I expect you'll see them! I also tried out the G25W longburn last year, which fits this case and is really a great little motor!

Kris, assuming you’re my SS, I owe you one! Will try to pay it forward next year, regardless!

-e

I was! Glad you like them! It was fun to figure out what to get, and you owe me nothing!

Still trying to figure out who my SS was... I got a delivery notification email from FedEx, that had my SS' name on it (Here I thought that FedEx ruined it for me!), but I have no clue who he is on the forum! All I know is that he must have a decent CNC!

IMG_6144.jpg

Back