Secret Santa 2016

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My SS went a little over board but I couldn't be happier.
4 Estes kits.
Airborne Surveillance Missile
1/10 Nike Smoke (will go great with my pro series from last year).
Bull Pup 12D
and a Ventris.

Thank you very much!

Dammit, kids are still sleeping. Got my turkey roasts innthe smoker but have to wait for gift opening till everyone is up. Dont know why...... the kids are 23 and 19 years old !!!!!!!!! Oh the Suspence

Just wanted to say to all Merry Christmas and a Thank You to my secret Santa this year. He was vary generous I received a Fliskits Spitfire, a Dr. Zooch Rockets Russian R-7 Luna, and a Dr. Zooch Rockets MOL Titan IIIC!!! I will fly them this spring. Thanks again and have a Merry Christmas !

Glad to see great posts here! I'll open mine in a couple hours when I get home. :)

I got some new components for a large scratch build!! Looks like 8" tube and bulkplate!!! Thanks SS. I think I can guess who but it's fun just being unsure ;-)

I received quite the bounty this year!

A fliskits Deuce's wild, a G76 reload, and an Eggtimer Quark! I'm throwing the quark into the list, even though it arrived at a very different time from everything else, as none of the rest of my family has claimed responsibility for it... if my SS didn't send that, I would appreciate if they would let me know, so I can continue searching for the responsible party!

I can only guess at how much my SS spent on shipping this year, considering everything was from a different vendor!

So my SS guesses... i have an email and phone number, but am unable to directly correlate those with anyone here. Instead, I narrowed the list down to these names, based on the phone number area code (956, south Texas)and peoples posted locations:
Danh (due to his reference to an eggstatic reception)
Fred Garvin, since he's in Texas.
Jazzviper1, also in Texas
Massrokit (haven't been able to eliminate him)
And wcravens (also not eliminated)

Please fess up! And thank you!

Thank you Secret Santa!! I received a Madcow mini Frenzy dual deploy. Now to decide whether to build it stock or scrap the motor tube and make it minimum diameter...
Merry Christmas everybody!

So the baby decided to sleep 8n but I was allowed to open my SS while she was still out.

A 3" Little John from Madcow! Awesome. The Little John is a gorgeous rocket. Thanks Secret Santa.
From the info posted...I'm gonna guess..

Danomite45

Thanks, Secret Santa!!! 5 flights for Christmas!
F40, F52, G53, G64, G76

MikeyDSlagle, I think you're the one to thank...

No sir. It wasn't me. Sorry for the deception. :)

.......So my SS guesses... i have an email and phone number, but am unable to directly correlate those with anyone here. Instead, I narrowed the list down to these names, based on the phone number area code (956, south Texas)and peoples posted locations:

Not me! :)

Nice!

I got 3 individually wrapped items, so figured I'd do the little one first.. 5 B6-0s.. Interesting choice.. Hmm...

Santa did some shopping at Fliskits for me this year. A Thunderbird kit, and a Pheord X150 kit. Great choices, I love "weird" rockets. I had never encountered the X150 before, but the text and graphics on it are hilarious!

Thanks Santa!

There are some really good posts in the thread. I hope everyone is having a great Christmas.

Not Me

A fliskits Deuce's wild, a G76 reload, and an Eggtimer Quark! I'm throwing the quark into the list, even though it arrived at a very different time from everything else, as none of the rest of my family has claimed responsibility for it... if my SS didn't send that, I would appreciate if they would let me know, so I can continue searching for the responsible party!

I can only guess at how much my SS spent on shipping this year, considering everything was from a different vendor!

So my SS guesses... i have an email and phone number, but am unable to directly correlate those with anyone here. Instead, I narrowed the list down to these names, based on the phone number area code (956, south Texas)and peoples posted locations:

Wow. I have some First Fire JR'S and a dual deploy altimeter from Adept Rocketry.......

Thank You soooo much Michael. MERRY CHRISTMAS

Good investigation, but no luck.
I'll confess.

You should have read the EARly thread warning not to open mysterious packages lol. I've had that number forever, but no longer live in TX unfortunately. I think the Quark took longer because of BF order fulfillment services.

I took a peak in the box.....
Wish I could post pictures.

I'll give a hint: it's a kit you can't build in a day, and you will go insane modeling it in OpenRocket. So many tubes.....So many balsa pieces......Why did I put this on my wishlist...It's like the nearest Star just went Black...

I love it!

I took a peak in the box.....
Wish I could post pictures.

I'll give a hint: it's a kit you can't build in a day, and you will go insane modeling it in OpenRocket. So many tubes.....So many balsa pieces......Why did I put this on my wishlist...It's like the nearest Star just went Black...

I love it!

Bon Voyage... err?

Thank you Secret Santas for the following goodies :)

Secret Santa #1
Estes MIRV
Estes Alien Invader
Estes Astron Skydart ii
Estes Phoenix Bird
Estes Screaming Eagle
Estes Solar Warrior
Estes Photon Probe
Estes Gold Ornament

Secret Santa #2
Semroc Mars Lander

Thank you Secret Santas for the following goodies :)

Secret Santa #1
Estes MIRV
Estes Alien Invader
Estes Astron Skydart ii
Estes Phoenix Bird
Estes Screaming Eagle
Estes Solar Warrior
Estes Photon Probe
Estes Gold Ornament

Secret Santa #2
Semroc Mars Lander

😳😳😳

Good investigation, but no luck.
I'll confess.

You should have read the EARly thread warning not to open mysterious packages lol. I've had that number forever, but no longer live in TX unfortunately. I think the Quark took longer because of BF order fulfillment services.

Well, thanks very much, and merry Christmas! I'm going to have fun with these!

Dhbarr got it, it is THE Black Star Voyager.
BSV F.jpgBSV B.jpg
So....many....tuubes....
I really didn't pay attention to the dimensions on this thing. its a lot bigger than I thought (I wonder how I can mess with it.....Pro24? and a Chute Release?)
This is fortuitous, because I can take awhile to work on it and the budget won't have to worry about dual deployment equipment yet :).

Thanks Secret Santa!
(Dhbarr and Fred Garvin in the running for guesses)

Thanks Secret Santa!
(Dhbarr and Fred Garvin in the running for guesses)

Nope....not me!

Looks like we can post pics again....I have a couple birds on the bench waiting on paint, and I'm working on designs in Rocksim for my NARTREK Gold bird....but I think we're gonna get a few days of paint weather soon so I can clear off the bench and make room.....for a Saturn V build! I'm gonna do this one with flight in mind, frequent flights....so it'll get some upgrades and reinforcements. I did a lengthy build thread on my last one....the one I'm too chicken to fly.... so I may just add a few entries to it with the build changes in this Saturn V....

IMG_1377.jpg

Sorry I didn't get this posted on Christmas Day, but what an awesome Secret Santa I got.

IMAG0001.jpg

Handbook of Model Rocketry - Stein
Practical Electronics for Inventors - Sherz & Monk
Pledge Floor Care Multi-Surface Finish
Modern Masters Metal Effects Iron Paint & Rust Activator Kit

I have a few models that I've wanted to try the Pledge finish on to see how that turns out. And the Rust paint kit is for a steam punk rocket idea that I've got. And I'd have expected a bottle of Pledge but got a box of 6!!! Not sure how many rockets that can finish but I bet it's A LOT!

This is so cool. Really facilitates some projects and learning that I wouldn't be taking on otherwise. Thank you Santa!!! You're awesome!

Wes

P.S. Santa: Yes of course used books are ok. They're great! ;-)

Last edited:
Huge thanks to my Secret Santa - Fliskit buckaroos!!!! Since I'm supposed to guess, I've narrowed it down to the usual suspects and will have to investigate further to properly credit the donor. In any case, looks like I'll be aiming for the sky and replacing the Spitfire I so thoroughly trashed this past year. Thank you Secret Santa!!!!

I'd like to thank an Ohio based SS for my two new kits..

Love the BB, and it's a baby BBII!!

and a Xarconian cruiser! gonna be a fun one to build!

Again, much thanks!

And wow!! some of you scored big time!

rocket 1.JPG

rocket 2.jpg

Back