Secret Santa 2009

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n3tjm

Papa Elf
Reaction score
Once again it’s time for Secret Santa! Christmas time is fast approaching and all the elves here at the north pole are busy working overtime to make sure all the good boys and girls get all the rockets, motors, and accessories they deserve :).

Rules:
- DO NOT PARTICIPATE IF YOU HAVE NO INTENTION OF SENDING A GIFT.
- Signup deadline will be Thanksgiving Day, Thursday November 26th at 11:59pm. You will be contacted via e-mail with your recipients name, TRF handle, address, and wishlist starting November 29th.
- Buy and send a gift for your recipient. How much you spend is optional, but typically most people spend about $20-$30 for their recipient. Participating vendors will be posted in another thread soon.
- Receive your gift.
- Christmas Morning - Open your gift! Woe to the one that opens their gift early!
- Post whatcha got and guess who sent it.
- Respond to thank you’s
- If you want to participate, send an e-mail titled "Secret Santa" to n3tjm @ juno . com (without the spaces). In the e-mail, include the following information:

TRF Handle:
Address:
Phone #:
Wishlist:

Please start a new line for each field, this makes it easier to enter the data into Papa Elfs spread sheet of good boys and girls. Your Phone number will remain private; Papa Elf just needs it in case he needs to contact you.

Feel free to post your wishlist within this thread too. It is fun to see what other people are wishing for.

Secret Santa Contest!!!
This year Papa Elf will send a special gift to one lucky participant to encourage more people to sign up and not too wait till the last moment to do so. Every person who signs up will be entered in a drawing on a daily basis starting the day they sign up, till Thanksgiving Day. So the sooner you sign up, the more entries you get!

If you feel the need to send something to the North Pole, Jim Flis is authorized to provide you the information on how to reach Santa’s Village.

Have Fun!

Papa Elf

Last edited:
i'n in, just sent email.

wish list:
gliders, or any other non standard recovery rocket.

I'm in.

Wishlist: Baby Berthas, any 24mm reloads, kevlar, small quick links, E9s, baffle kits.

I honestly don't care what I get - it's the getting part that's fun!

I'm in too!

Wishlist: Pretty much any kit. Especially Goonie kits. FlisKits Shadowlord would be wonderful.

Last edited:
I'm in again this year!!!:D

To whoever gets me, I'm easy to buy for but in case you're wondering what to buy, I'll make it easier by listing some simple suggestions.;)

Aerotech - Rouse-Tech 18/20 motor, any 24/40, 24/60 or 29/40-120 reloads.

CTI- Pro38 1 grain G69 Skids.

Dr. Zooch - Space shuttle or any Dr. Zooch kit

FlisKits - Borealis, Morning Star, Tres USS Grissom, etc.

Quest - MLAS

Squirrel Works - Red Baron, Mega Baron, Dogfight, Police Call Box, etc

Sunward Aerospace - Flying Umbrella, Maverick, Daddy Long Legs

Again, I'm easy so I'll be happy with anything.:)

Last edited:
I'm in again this year!!!:D

To whoever gets me, I'm easy to buy for but in case you're wondering what to buy, I'll make it easier by listing some simple suggestions.;)

Aerotech - Rouse-Tech 18/20 motor, any 24/40, 24/60 or 29/40-120 reloads.

CTI- Pro38 1 grain G69 Skids.

Dr. Zooch - Space shuttle or any Dr. Zooch kit

FlisKits - Borealis, Morning Star, Tres USS Grissom, etc.

Squirrel Works - Red Baron, Mega Baron, Dogfight, Police Call Box, etc

Sunward Aerospace - Flying Umbrella, Maverick, Daddy Long Legs

Again, I'm easy so I'll be happy with anything.:)

DONALD!

OK, nobody buy Donald any skids.....
:rolleyes:

Boys and Girls, the Secret Santa contest is getting bigger and better. Whoever is going to win the surprise present is getting a treat. Already got prizes donated, thanks to those vendors that already offered to donate towards the prize pool, and I sure hope that many more will offer something too :). Which means you better sign up now, because we already have nine trf'ers with 26 or 25 entries to win the Secret Santa Contest :)

Speaking of vendors, Art Applewhite would like everyone to see his poll about Vendor Services for Secret Santa at https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?t=6972. If you haven't yet, head over there and vote!

I am in this year as well. Email sent with info.

Wishlist: Fliskits Star Load, Tres, Alien 8, Frick n Frack, or a FlisKits gift cert.

Star Load is my first choice, but honestly, anything rocket related will be cool.

Thanks!

...Fudd

im definitely getting in on this this year...

wish list: any MPR kit really...pro29 casing, epoxy...whatever's clever.

I'm in!
We will also be a participating Vendor. More on that later.
;)

<EDIT>
WIsh list now included....
Lots of micromax motors and micromax building supplies: NC's, CR's, BT's etc..
Yep, I am going small in 2010.

Last edited:
From the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, on the Maryland shore, and on the lakebeds of California and Utah - I like to fly 'em all, big and small. It's been a good year - count me in.

I'm in as well. :)

My wish list in no particular order,

Inflight
Omega Clone Kit

Dr Zooch
Space Shuttle
Mercury Little Joe

Quest
MLAS

Squirrel Works
Firebird SST

True Modeler's
NASA Scout

Email Sent! I am in for anything really. I know alot of you are expecting a Q case on my list (oh god please please PLEASE) but I enjoy everything. It may take an LPR gift to get me motivated again :)

But whoever I get expect it to be something for an L3 ;) :roll:

Ben

Count me in again.

Wishlist: Edmonds Boost Glider Kit or any surprise.

E-mail sent wishlist : Sirius Cestris or Interrogator,Quest Mlas,Semroc SPEV,any Zooch Kit,any V-2!!!!!This is my first time in the contest,Missed the deadline last year but I'm in now,Can't wait!!!!!:cheers:John P.

Hey it's the holidays.

I'm in.

Wish list?

A chunk of 1/8" Kevlar shock cord
A gift certificate for Stickershock

Or if you are feeling generous, a Madcow Mini Goblin.

Hey Donald - you got the case for an M2200 Skid? Harold needs the excitement.

Hey, for someone who does not like sparkies, he should ban this motor :p
D12_Silver_Comet.jpg

An Estes D12-5 :p How the CMASS LSO and LCO missed this dangerous motor is unknown to me :p

Ironically, the first grass fire from flying a model rocket I put out was caused by a D12.

Well, it looks like my Secret Santa may get something extra special.

*IF* I can get the instructions finished in time, I'll include a special beta test of the TM-60 Raptor kit from Monster Rockets.

I'm not guaranteeing this, but I'm going to try my best to.

Here is the official list good boys and girls participating in secret santa. If you have e-mailed Papa Elf and do not see your handle here, please send me a pm. Recipient E-mails will start going out Monday (List updated Nov 27th, 2009)

AX'E
ben_ullman
Bill P
BobCox
Bravo52
brettkeller
CharlaineC
cjl
DanB
dave carver
Donaldsrockets
EgbrtV