• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Seattle Rocket Works - Nike Smoke

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAL3

Reaction score
If you've been involved in rocketry more that a couple of months and don't know what a Nike Smoke looks like, you're doing it wrong. The Nike Smoke has been the subject of scale models from many, many companies. The design is simple but it is also distinctive and looks good too. This one is from a fairly small but respected company that is no longer extant. It flies on 13mm motors and recovers by streamer. It is new but the box has been slit open at some point.

I am asking $50

This kit is offered for sale in an effort to liquidate my collection of kits and is being offered via cross postings on The Rocketry Forum and Ye Olde Rocket Forum. The price indicated is what I have determined by looking for evidence of similar sales but, admittedly, might reflect a poor judgement on my part. I'm just doing the best that I can. The price does NOT include shipping. Interested persons are invited to contact me via PM and I will calculate the shipping. Payment is expected by means of PayPal, Zelle or Venmo. My intention is to make shipments twice per week after confirming receipt of funds. I will try to give the most accurate descriptions I am able to provide and will happily answer any specific questions either by PM or within the post thread.

I'm trying to be fair and honor a "first come, first serve" precedence when dealing with inquiries. That invovles juggling messages I see while at work at the hospital coming from both TRF and YORF. That started out easy but got more complicated as there were more and more rockets listed. I made some mistakes and for that I am sorry.

I also don't mind holding rockets as you wait for more to become available. This does help with shipping costs and nobody has been more horrified than I over the current postal rates. That said, I am going to have to change one thing. I am only going to set aside "sold" rockets. I tried it the other way and a few times I was left in the lurch when others were interested in a rocket. That was only a mild annoyance. What I cannot tolerate is the mistakes that I made in selling something that had been promised. With my faulty memory and hectic schedule, the only way to prevent this when so many rockets are up for sale (with hundreds more to come) is to strictly segregate the sold stuff from the unsold stuff. A hold with an intent to buy now gets 24 hours, barring exigent circumstances, after that, it's back on the market.

20220716_155242.jpg

Attachments

• 20220716_155249.jpg
    20220716_155249.jpg
    517.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I bought the rights and lots of parts from Seattle RocketWorks. Made the kits for a few years under my LawnDart Rocketry label. Might be making a come back with resin printed nose cone and fin unit.
i hope you find the time to do so.,

Those are great designs, I made a scratch build, slightly different size 1:25.4 scale instead of 1:30 from the drawing that is included in that kit instructions using dimensions as mm instead of inch. I haven't flown it yet, but these small light 13mm powered rockets really jump off the pad. A mylar streamer helps see it in the air and on the ground on a sunny day.

Screen Shot 2022-09-29 at 2.49.12 PM.png

Good luck with the sale, looks like a really great kit.

JAL3 is offering a great piece of history. Gobble it up. You will not see another for a while.

Those are great designs, I made a scratch build, slightly different size 1:25.4 scale instead of 1:30 from the drawing that is included in that kit instructions using dimensions as mm instead of inch. I haven't flown it yet, but these small light 13mm powered rockets really jump off the pad. A mylar streamer helps see it in the air and on the ground on a sunny day.

View attachment 539744

Good luck with the sale, looks like a really great kit.
Just curious is that a printed paper wrap? Does not look like paint and decals.

Back