SEARS 572 November 22nd Headland AL Launch

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaneKG

Reaction score
SEARS 572 is having their first launch of the winter season on Saturday November 22 at the Headland AL site. We will set up at 8:30 AM and the waiver opens for launches at 9:00 AM. We welcome the newcomers who have found us via www.flyrockets.com or www.sears572.com, Team America Rocketry Challenge teams and all rocketeers in the area to our kick-off launch. We will have a program for Team America students and will show all newcomers the basics for launching your rockets. Oh yes, we are having an Egg Lofting Duration contest for one egg payload on a C motor rocket.

We follow the NAR model and high power code. Mr. Jack Kale is our Range Safety Officer. The weather is looking great. Please check www.sears572.com for any last minute information. Directions are at the end of this message. If you are lost call Jack Kale cell 334 701-3628 or Greg Lane cell 850 896-3808.

The fastest and the safest sport on the planet awaits you!

Greg Lane
SEARS 572 President
www.sears572.com

Directions: If you are traveling North on U.S 431 from Dothan, AL turn right at the first traffic light in Headland (this will be Henry County Road 22). If you are traveling South on U.S. 431 from Eufaula, AL you will turn left at the third traffic light in Headland (Henry County Road 22). Travel down County Road 22 for approximately 7 miles, the field will be on the right...we always have signs at intersections and at the entrance to the field.

From SW Georgia: Take GA 52 west thru Blakely and cross the Chattahoochee into Alabama. Ga 62
becomes AL 52. Go through Columbia, to the bottom of the hill, cross the
railroad, and start up the other side. Turn right onto Coumty 22. If you get to 95
south to Farley Nuclear plant you have just passed the turnoff. On county 22 go
about 7 miles. When you pass Pleasant Plains Baptist Church, slow down, the
entrance to the field is another three tenths of a mile on the left. Stay on
the one lane dirt track into the field. You will have a pasture on your right as
you start into the field. We will have a sign up.

Dang, I just did a MapQuest from my place and the trip is only 6hrs 45min! I could drive up there after work on Friday, spend the night, fly rockets on Saturday, and head back the same day! I unfortunately have plans for this Saturday. Otherwise I think I would have packed up the car and driven up there!

Greg, I will be sure to bookmark your club's homepage. I am certain I will be able to attend either in December or just after the new year. I see you are tentatively scheduled to launch the Tour de Deuce there. If I can't make it before the year's end, I will certainly be attending in February for the TDD.

Keep us posted. There are several Florida TRFers that have Alabama within a few hours driving distance. We could have an impromptu Southeastern TRF meet! How cool would that be?

Eugene,

Come on up to Headland AL and bring Deuce's Wild and Bullpup. RevKeith is in Thomasville, GA and likely to join us. Looking foward to the TDD here in February. I have thought about coming down your way also.

TRFers are most welcome at SEARS 572 launches.

Greg

Perhaps maybe we can schedule an impromptu southeast TRF meet for February? It'd be great to see a few TRF faces gather behind the Tour de Deuce project at your local meet.

If ever you are heading down this way, please be sure and let me know in advance. My vote for Florida meets would be over at NEFAR on the east coast.

Eugene,

That would be an excellent idea. February 7th is the scheduled date for a SEARS launch. I could suggest to our members that we make that date a Deuce's Wild Fun Launch. Then we could do a group order. Is there a Duece's Wild Bulk Pack yet? Our goal could be a Dozen Deuces! All TRFers in range invited.

How about that?

Greg

Here is our Launch Report for 22 Nov.

https://www.sears572.com/launchreport22nov03.htm

It was perfect day for rockets and we had many new flyers including RevKeith of TRF. We welcome him as the newest SEARS member. I personally had my best high power flight a Diablo on a I161. We have decided to have a Deuces Wild Fly Off Event February 7th. So TRF members if you can make it to Headland AL bring your Deuces Wild.

Next Launch is Dec 6th.

Thanks,

Greg Lane

Greg, nice report. It appears a healthy range of motors were burned!

As a suggestion, you might want to create or update the News/Announcements portion of the site pre-announcing the Tour de Deuce arrival in Feb as well as a "Deuce fly-off." I personally plan on bringing 3 Deuces with me. A 2" (to replace the one I lost in the lake), a 2.6" dual 29mm version (in progress ;) ), and my kit #11 Deuces Fighter.

I'm looking forward to February!

My first club launch! Wow, what a great day. The folks at SEARS 572 were very friendly and helpful. Being a small club no waiting in line to launch. A special thank you to Greg Lane for the invitation to come join them. I liked it so much I joined the club! Sure beats standing in a field all by yourself. I can't wait till Dec 6th.

Keith

Hey Keith, congrats on your egg loft time. 1st club launch & you win the egg loft, & they let you join anyway!
Vance in Ak.

Vance,

There are times when being lucky is better than being good!

Keith

Originally posted by Vance in AK
Hey Keith, congrats on your egg loft time. 1st club launch & you win the egg loft, & they let you join anyway!
Vance in Ak.

Hey, at least they'll know who he is from now on! You're a marked man Keith! :D Personally, I'm looking forward to February. It's a ways away still, but at the rate we're going planning the '04 schedule for the TDD, the time is going to zip right by!

Just found this thread.
I've been waiting for you guys to start launching again.
I'm in Selma, only 2-3 hours away.
I'll be planning on coming to the TDD launch in Feb. for sure, and I'll bring my DW, Richter Recker and others.
I look forward to meeting you all and hopefully Eugene will make it. I think a TRF meet n greet would be nice.
Since it is a TDD event, does that mean Jim and Jason will be there?

Tim

Originally posted by slim_t
Just found this thread.
I've been waiting for you guys to start launching again.
I'm in Selma, only 2-3 hours away.
I'll be planning on coming to the TDD launch in Feb. for sure, and I'll bring my DW, Richter Recker and others.
I look forward to meeting you all and hopefully Eugene will make it. I think a TRF meet n greet would be nice.
Since it is a TDD event, does that mean Jim and Jason will be there?

Tim

I can't speak on Jim's behalf, but Jason will be riding with me if all things pan out.

I agree - a southeast impromptu TRF meet *would* be nice!

I'm looking forward to it!

nope, I won't be able to make that launch... :(

but i'll make other TDD launches (as many as I can)

jim

Back