Search for 2 Inch Estes Rockets

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruiser

Reaction score
I have been trying to think of a way to come up with a list of Estes rockets that use a 2 inch body tube. I've been trying different things with Google without success so I am asking for ideas.

Anyone know of a site that list rockets by the body tube size?

Thanks,
-Bob

If it's the Pro Series II body tube you're referring to, the part # is 030615.
It's used in the Argent and Sahara as well as the Ventris.
The Interceptor E used an HBT-2000 tube, listed as 2" in diameter. Don't know the full specs.
Might be interchangeable, might not.
John Brohm has a body tube reference list. It lists all the tube sizes and lengths for Estes kits but has not been updated in a few years. Also lists by kit #, not body tube size.
https://www.aeromoe.com/Estes_Body_Tube_List.pdf

Last edited:
There is the excellent Estes Body Tube/Kit Reference for everything up to 2008. https://www.psc473.org/howto/EstesTubes.pdf

Look for BT-70 (id 2.175, od 2.217)

I found 3 in a quick swim through the current catalog: Mercury Redstone, Majestic, Ascender. Hope this helps.

[edit] The version 3.1 of the Body Tube/Kit reference is on the Pittsburgh Space Command site. Aeromoe has an older version.

I just remembered that the Interceptor E and the Trajector used the same nose cone. So I took a Trajector nose cone and exchanged it with an Argent nose cone to see if they fit the same tube.
They do! So add the Interceptor E and Trajector to the list.
Or scratch build your own far out design.
Laters.
Edit: one more. Estes Cosmic Interceptor.

Last edited:
erockets.biz st20 Centuri Standard Tube is a 2" tube. HTH
Rex

I have been trying to think of a way to come up with a list of Estes rockets that use a 2 inch body tube. I've been trying different things with Google without success so I am asking for ideas.

Anyone know of a site that list rockets by the body tube size?

Thanks,
-Bob

Ok, so all 2 inch airframes are not created equal. Whaddaya think Bob ?

No single stop for your answer.

A comprehensive list for kits up to 2008.

A handful of kits released after 2008, many now OOP but probably can be had on secondary markets.

A nice list of body tubes ordered in ascending diameter on erockets.

I may be reading too much into this, but since Bob recently finished a Ventris clone build, I'm speculating that maybe he has some left over PS II tubing and wondering what he can do with it.
Or not.:D
How about a Redstone ramjet?
1014190913.jpg

:pLaters.

Last edited:
Hello,

My Ventris build is not quite done yet but it is coming along. I should have some more parts coming in Tuesday that will allow me to continue on with it. The construction phase will probably be done this week.

I've been building mostly BT60 based rockets and I think I want to step up just a little. I like the Estes Pro series tubes and was just wondering what kits Estes made with them so I can keep an eye open...

BT70 is bigger then the two inch pro series tubes.

I wasn't sure if the two inch tubing was the same between the pro series and regular kits but Kurinin has answered that question with his test.

Here's the list so far:

Pro Series Rockets
Ventris (building)
Argent
Sahara
Majestic (have a kit)
Prowler
Trajector

Other Estes Rockets
Interceptor E
Cosmic Interceptor (have 1 kit, another on the way)

-Bob

The internet says yes, it did :)

Updated list

Pro Series Rockets
Ventris
Argent
Sahara
Ascender (EX2)
Majestic (EX2)
Prowler (EX2)
Trajector (EX2)
Mammoth (EX2)