SCREWY USPS DELIVERY

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I honestly think some facilities arent even bothering to sort.... they just toss it in a truck to get it out of their building headed to a distribution facility hoping that facility will handle the work

According to my neighbor ( who is a postal carrier), this specific behavior is what is happening in a LOT of locations.

Finally arrived. Ordered on Black Friday. Shipped the following day from AC Supply. Showed in USPS possession the following Monday.

Showed in my town on Jan 3rd.

Out for delivery Jan. 4th.

Arrived yesterday Jan 14th.

I will never use the post office for anything again.

We've been telling sellers on Ebay on items we are buying, that we want to UPS/Fedex and they've all been cooperative so far. Heck with the USPS. I won't be using them for a while, that's for sure.

"I honestly think some facilities arent even bothering to sort.... they just toss it in a truck to get it out of their building headed to a distribution facility hoping that facility will handle the work"

I think you have the right idea, TheTank. They just toss it on an outgoing truck to get it out of THEIR facility, and it goes somewhere else, taking up capacity and handling time that could be used used on another package/letter.

We've been having to make electronic payments on bills that we sent checks out in early December; they either receive the check after the due date, or its just vanished. So we end up making double payments, for you know that check will eventually get there and they'll cash it for sure.

Agreed.
"I honestly think some facilities arent even bothering to sort.... they just toss it in a truck to get it out of their building headed to a distribution facility hoping that facility will handle the work"

Total agreement, but for what gain?
I'm having the same problem I had in Dec- 4 weeks to get parts from COS to GJT via PDX and Calif. figured its Xmas rush so I waited to to order a MissileWorks T3 tracker system until Jan 4. He built it and mailed it on the 6th. So where did it go first?? West Fargo then Souix Falls SD then back to DEN ! Still waiting... When asked, they blame Covid!?? Are UPS and FEDEX somehow immune? The USPS is broken down because of pathetic politics. I'll do no more "mail ordering" unless companies can guarantee alternate means of delivery. They used to say "call your congressman" but I don't want to piss her off- she carrie's a big gun... everywhere.

USPS is severely undermanned (underpersonned?) according to a guy at a local private business postal annex. He's not a postal employee, but I assume he heard from a USPS carrier picking up mail that they're 50% manned. My theory is that many have retired to avoid COVID thereby leaving the less experienced behind and overworked. I actually saw a help wanted sign at a local USPS main branch not long ago.

I ordered from madcow too late in the day on Friday, which means i wont get charged for it till Monday and who knows when they will give it fed ex. I just added at least 3 extra days to my delivery... my own fault.

I keep spamming them with "lost package" requests but they keep closing them after like a day because the package was never "accepted" and still says pre-shipment. Perhaps if I do it enough, they'll get the memo.

USPS is severely undermanned (underpersonned?) according to a guy at a local private business postal annex. He's not a postal employee, but I assume he heard from a USPS carrier picking up mail that they're 50% manned. My theory is that many have retired to avoid COVID thereby leaving the less experienced behind and overworked. I actually saw a help wanted sign at a local USPS main branch not long ago.
In line withyour observation, USPS delivered a help wanted postcard for the local PO today.

I have a package from Ohio thats been stuck up in Louisville,KYfor over 2 weeks. I had forgotten that I had even ordered it.

Its 50 miles from where I live.

Received a package today that was 2-day priority mail and has a stamp saying "Expected delivery 12/21". I'm also waiting for a 1st class letter mailed from 2 states away on Jan 4th and it still has not arrived.

I ordered parts from Apogee on 1/17. Apogee sent the package out that afternoon (USPS first class), and then it sat in a Colorado Springs USPS facility for the next four days. Yesterday the tracking said 'USPS regional facility in West Fargo'. I'm in Las Vegas, and I'm thinking that can't be North Dakota. It is. And I've come to realize that watching your package threading its way through the byzantine post office system is a lot like playing the old game 'Where in the World is Carmen San Diego?' Oh, well. Maybe next week.

Seems like mine has been stuck at the USPS office in Greensburg, PA since the 8th or so. Might call them tomorrow and get to the bottom of it. If it truly wasn't dropped off like I was told, then it becomes a bigger problem.

When I was unemployed and at home several years ago, the usps worker would drop my mail thru the slot in my door. A few times I would see/hear the mail come thru the slot. I went and picked it up within 2 minutes. In the stack of was the "notice that they tried to deliver the package but I wasn't home"! I went out and gave him the notice and asked him if this was standard practice. He just walked to the truck and got my package with out saying a word. This happened again and I told him how dishonest he was. He told me to leave him alone are that he would call the police and I would be charged with attacking a government worker!!!! USPS should be US POS

Our community mail box was broken into about a month ago. The USPS could care less. Their in no hurry to fix anything. Have to drive n hour round trip to the annex, wait in line with about 50 angry customers for a couple hours because the employees there don't care either, yet they drive by my house every day delivering Amazon! They take their precious time. Time to let the USPS go.

Our community mail box was broken into about a month ago. The USPS could care less. Their in no hurry to fix anything. Have to drive n hour round trip to the annex, wait in line with about 50 angry customers for a couple hours because the employees there don't care either, yet they drive by my house every day delivering Amazon! They take their precious time. Time to let the USPS go.
I've decided to stop purchasing from any company, including rocket companies, that choose to use USPS. They've always done a shitty job but this whole pandemic thing has really brought it out. UPS and Fedex are still doing perfectly fine, maybe a day or so late but not 3+ weeks without tracking like USPS.

I live in Arizona.
Ordered some parts from Florida.

USPS tracking so far;
2/4 - Gulf Breeze, FL
2/4 - Pensacola, FL
2/6 - Miami, FL
2/7 - Opalocka, FL
2/9 - Miami, FL
2/10 - Opalocka, FL

I’ve been getting pretty good service from USPS lately. I ordered a 2 quart rocketpoxy from BuyRocketMotors and was notified it would be around twenty-one days, but it arrived today (3 days). That reminds me that I should make a post in the vendor section, praising BuyRocketMotors.

Also reminds me that in both 2014 and 2016, I ordered the 2 quart size rocketpoxy from ****** and received the 2 pint size; at the time, I just thought the 2 quart size was a misprint and that it should have said 2 pint, but now that I received the actual 2 quart size, I know that I got short-changed. I messaged the vendor and will see what they say.

Isn't Gulf Breeze where all the UFO sightings were awhile back. I just Googled it. It was 1987 1988. Oh man where did the years go. Turns out it was a hoax. Some day they will be real.

I'm also waiting for a 1st class letter mailed from 2 states away on Jan 4th and it still has not arrived.

Hey, that letter mailed on Jan 4 just arrived yesterday! I attribute this miracle to the sender giving up and paying to cancel the enclosed check the day before...

Service from any carrier---USPS, UPS, FEDEX, etc.---varies significantly with the location. My mail carrier, Brad, always brings packages to the front door and rings the bell (he knows someone is usually home). I tip him a slice of pie, a few cookies, or whatever I've made that day, if I've been doing kitchen stuff.

I know that doesn't help the tortuous route that so many packages take. Though when one considers the thousands (tens of thousands? more?) of rocket packages that have been delivered since this thread started...the few dozen problem-deliveries seems relatively small.

Best -- Terry

I ordered parts from Apogee on 1/17. Apogee sent the package out that afternoon (USPS first class), and then it sat in a Colorado Springs USPS facility for the next four days. Yesterday the tracking said 'USPS regional facility in West Fargo'. I'm in Las Vegas, and I'm thinking that can't be North Dakota. It is. And I've come to realize that watching your package threading its way through the byzantine post office system is a lot like playing the old game 'Where in the World is Carmen San Diego?' Oh, well. Maybe next week.
Im also on vegas and ordered from apogee. So my package went from CO to Los Angles,CA to Seattle, WA and and now back to Los Angles,CA. Never once got a delivery date.

Attachments

• E01D170B-B8B3-441C-9F56-48CDEB49F1A1.png
    E01D170B-B8B3-441C-9F56-48CDEB49F1A1.png
    179.5 KB · Views: 5
  • D24B66E7-4AF3-44BC-9DCD-044CF23A162C.png
    D24B66E7-4AF3-44BC-9DCD-044CF23A162C.png
    188.7 KB · Views: 6
So, the package leaves Boulder CO. travels to Des Moines, then to Chicago and then, for some reason, back to Des Moines then back to Chicago before going to Fort Worth, then OKC and finally to me in Western Oklahoma.

Eleven days total.

I had purchased from this vender before and the typical time between placing the order and its arrival was three days.

So, the package leaves Boulder CO. travels to Des Moines, then to Chicago and then, for some reason, back to Des Moines then back to Chicago before going to Fort Worth, then OKC and finally to me in Western Oklahoma.

Eleven days total.

I had purchased from this vender before and the typical time between placing the order and its arrival was three days.
Here's one explanation...

Back