SCREWY USPS DELIVERY

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I got several just like that. These are all on their way to me in Virginia Beach.

This one is from Oklahoma, but is stuck in Maryland, less than 250 miles from me:
https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?qtc_tLabels1=9449008205496984128552
This one is FROM Maryland, and never made it out, also less than 250 miles away:
https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?qtc_tLabels1=9449008205496002676867
This one is coming from PA, but somehow ended up stopped in Texas somewhere??:
https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?qtc_tLabels1=9449008205496999580239
This one never made it out of Cali:
https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?qtc_tLabels1=9549013187880352421204
This one is from Wisconsin, and has tracked through the Maryland spot that my other two are stuck in, which pretty much PROVES that they're NOT working FIFO. This one will be here tomorrow after 10 days in transit, which isn't too bad given the time of year:
https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?qtc_tLabels1=9400111899564058744630

I was pointing out that it’d be unlikely you’d encounter a scenario where you’d need to request a refund from, as you mentioned, a rocketry vendor.

All I’m saying is priority has always been a service that prioritizes those packages over the standard mail. The quoted times aren’t guarantees and are based off average data (as the fine print has always stated). I get the frustration, but I find the claims to be over blown as the USPS has been a hot topic on both sides of the aisle and it’s poor performance is being used to point the finger both ways. Everything is jacked up and people are shipping more things than ever, so it’s hard to think it reasonable to single out the USPS and claim that they’re defrauding their customers.

I’m not claiming anything, especially fraud, so quote someone else when you make your claims. Ultimately, you’ve made your point several times and I don’t appreciate you using my post to continue and beat people about the head with a moot point.

I think it sad, 25 days at the same building.
Dude, click on Product Information.
This is Media Mail.
Example: Magazines, newspapers, books, CDs.
This category has one of the LOWEST priorities.
Not surprising that other pieces are receiving priority processing ahead of this, whatever it is.

Dude, click on Product Information.
This is Media Mail.
Example: Magazines, newspapers, books, CDs.
This category has one of the LOWEST priorities.
Not surprising that other pieces are receiving priority processing ahead of this, whatever it is.

It appears it's receiving NO anything, they still charged for some service.

I'm waiting to get a bill from USPS, for staorage fees, they sure are not shipping.

Last edited:
It appears it's receiving NO anything, they still charged for some service.
1. Don't you think the logjam of higher priority Christmas parcels sent by first class and priority mail might have something to do with that?
2. Media mail is one of the cheapest rates available. Subsequently it is also one of the slowest delivery times. You get what you pay for.
3. "They still charged for some service". What, you expect them to deliver your stuff for free?

1. Don't you think the logjam of higher priority Christmas parcels sent by first class and priority mail might have something to do with that?
2. Media mail is one of the cheapest rates available. Subsequently it is also one of the slowest delivery times. You get what you pay for.
3. "They still charged for some service". What, you expect them to deliver your stuff for free?
1. No
2. Money is money
3. Just deliver would be great, not storage.

Sorry, I see your from Hawaii.

I’m not claiming anything, especially fraud, so quote someone else when you make your claims. Ultimately, you’ve made your point several times and I don’t appreciate you using my post to continue and beat people about the head with a moot point.
I split the post between the reply to your post and another general one. My apologies, next time I’ll make sure to clarify I’m not responding to you.

My son ordered a portable AC last September. Amazon said they’re finding a transporter. It sat in the warehouse all this time until last week. UPS picked it up Saturday and delivered it today. Amazon probably paid to ship it here as much as it cost.

Well USPS finally got me. Placed an order with Apogee the morning of the 24th. Shipped the 24th, arrived at processing facility the 24th. Things usually arrive in three days. Today it is still in Colorado Springs waiting to be accepted, whatever that means. And now I'm out of 38mm motor mount tubes. Should have paid the extra $5 and had it sent UPS. I won't make that mistake again.

And what's wrong with Pahrump. I didn't know there were two of us until now.
Never said there was anything "wrong" with Pahrump.
Just reacting to the quote below in kind.
Sorry, I see your from Hawaii.
You can ask justforfun what he meant by that statement.
Although I suspect that both you and I have a pretty good idea.
My bad for reacting to troll bait.

Last edited:
Well USPS finally got me. Placed an order with Apogee the morning of the 24th. Shipped the 24th, arrived at processing facility the 24th. Things usually arrive in three days. Today it is still in Colorado Springs waiting to be accepted, whatever that means. And now I'm out of 38mm motor mount tubes. Should have paid the extra $5 and had it sent UPS. I won't make that mistake again.
Did you read the banner notice at the top of the Apogee homepage? Note the last line:

USPS SHIPMENT STATUS (read article here) - Due to COVID, many US Postal Service (USPS) shipments are taking much longer than estimated to arrive, including FIRST CLASS/PRIORITY (3-4 weeks), PARCEL ground (motor) shipments (3-6 weeks) and INTERNATIONAL shipments (1-3 months). They are also frequently not scanning the tracking along the way. Please allow extra time for all post office shipments, and contact the post office directly (click here) for any issues. Use UPS and FedEx for a higher chance of on time shipments.

Did you read the banner notice at the top of the Apogee homepage? Note the last line:

USPS SHIPMENT STATUS (read article here) - Due to COVID, many US Postal Service (USPS) shipments are taking much longer than estimated to arrive, including FIRST CLASS/PRIORITY (3-4 weeks), PARCEL ground (motor) shipments (3-6 weeks) and INTERNATIONAL shipments (1-3 months). They are also frequently not scanning the tracking along the way. Please allow extra time for all post office shipments, and contact the post office directly (click here) for any issues. Use UPS and FedEx for a higher chance of on time shipments.
I have read it. This is the first time its been a problem. I get two or three orders a month from them.

Never said there was anything "wrong" with Pahrump.
Just reacting to the quote below in kind.

You can ask justforfun what he meant by that statement.
Although I suspect that both you and I have a pretty good idea.
My bad for reacting to troll bait.
I don't know who Justforfun is. I don't think he comes to launches.

for the record:
I am still waiting for my Black Friday Madcow order. But really only expecting in mid-january.

And an anecdote for those who favour proper shipping companies:

About 12 years ago, the company I worked for had a regular customer in Plattsburg, NY. (For those playing at home, that's abut a 45 minute drive from me, and that can include the border wait & secondary search)

We have a 200lbs pallet ready to ship to Plattsburg. prototypes for their new equipment. "How do you want us to ship it?" We ask.

They reply with "Fed Ex". OK, FOB Fed Ex to Plattsburg.

2 days later we get a call, that nothing has yet been delivered. We (puzzled) call up Fed Ex, and ask where the pallet is: "It should be delivered sometime today" And sure enough it was. We got the call. We also got the call from their finance department, asking us why we sent this thing "overnight air cargo".

We didn't. Fed ex picked up the pallet. took it to their Montréal sorting center. Put it on a plane to Memphis, put it on another plane, and routed it to NY city (or Albany, or..) and drove it to it's final destination. We did have to split the bill with the customer (it was about $12KUSD total, round trip) SO, we all had something "nice" to say about this, and that a 45 minute road trip ended up being 2 plane rides thru Memphis!

We were expecting a couple of hundred to ship it. it was also valued at about $1400USD.. I think it all came down to being a little naïve, and all the wrong boxes being checked on the shipping slip.. but yeah, after that, anything 'they' wanted shipped to Plattsburg, they made all the arrangements & paperwork..

for the record:
I am still waiting for my Black Friday Madcow order. But really only expecting in mid-january.

And an anecdote for those who favour proper shipping companies:

About 12 years ago, the company I worked for had a regular customer in Plattsburg, NY. (For those playing at home, that's abut a 45 minute drive from me, and that can include the border wait & secondary search)

We have a 200lbs pallet ready to ship to Plattsburg. prototypes for their new equipment. "How do you want us to ship it?" We ask.

They reply with "Fed Ex". OK, FOB Fed Ex to Plattsburg.

2 days later we get a call, that nothing has yet been delivered. We (puzzled) call up Fed Ex, and ask where the pallet is: "It should be delivered sometime today" And sure enough it was. We got the call. We also got the call from their finance department, asking us why we sent this thing "overnight air cargo".

We didn't. Fed ex picked up the pallet. took it to their Montréal sorting center. Put it on a plane to Memphis, put it on another plane, and routed it to NY city (or Albany, or..) and drove it to it's final destination. We did have to split the bill with the customer (it was about $12KUSD total, round trip) SO, we all had something "nice" to say about this, and that a 45 minute road trip ended up being 2 plane rides thru Memphis!

We were expecting a couple of hundred to ship it. it was also valued at about $1400USD.. I think it all came down to being a little naïve, and all the wrong boxes being checked on the shipping slip.. but yeah, after that, anything 'they' wanted shipped to Plattsburg, they made all the arrangements & paperwork..

I would call Madcow about your order. I ordered a kit from them the middle of December and already have it.

I made two orders on Dec 30th. One fromEstes and one from Apogee, both in Colorado. USPS said the Estes order (with 29 motors inside) would arrive on the 13th but arrived today. The Apogee order (no motors) is stuck in limbo. WTF.

A4855BFD-8EB9-4064-9512-DAEC5EDD817E.jpeg

I made two orders on Dec 30th. One fromEstes and one from Apogee, both in Colorado. USPS said the Estes order (with 29 motors inside) would arrive on the 13th but arrived today. The Apogee order (no motors) is stuck in limbo. WTF.
Looks like you got lucky with the Estes order. Any order with rocket motors is not supposed to fly by air. But looks like they sent it by Priority Mail so you got it in 4 days. Usually it's supposed to be sent by Parcel Select and shipped by boat from the west coast to Hawaii. 2 to 3 weeks delivery time.
Or maybe they sent it Parcel Select but the PO mis-sorted it. The fact that the original ETA was the 13th but it arrived much earlier tends to lead me to believe that is the case.
For the Apogee order try clicking on "Product Information" and see if it says Priority Mail. If so should be just a few days till delivery. Lately they haven't been updating the tracking as frequently as before.

Last edited:
Looks like you got lucky with the Estes order. Any order with rocket motors is not supposed to fly by air. But looks like they sent it by Priority Mail so you got it in 4 days. Usually it's supposed to be sent by Parcel Select and shipped by boat from the west coast to Hawaii. 2 to 3 weeks delivery time.
Or maybe they sent it Parcel Select but the PO mis-sorted it. The fact that the original ETA was the 13th but it arrived much earlier tends to lead me to believe that is the case.
For the Apogee order try clicking on "Product Information" and see if it says Priority Mail. If so should be just a few days till delivery. Lately they haven't been updating the tracking as frequently as before.
Yes Priority Mail so hopefully soon. Thanks.

My package from AC Supply which shipped the day after black Friday is finally out for delivery today. No motors, Just rockets so no reason for the hold up other than USPS.

Back