Screw Terminal Reliability?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so my connections that have been working for 20 years are now subject to failing? I use ferrules on mains voltage, using on 12v for me is a waste of time and money, what works for me may not work for you YMMV
Everything is subject to failing. Can't fight entropy progression. Only things that change with practices is hazard rate and when the right side of the bathtub curve heads north. Best practices, (ferrules, minimizing the number of connection points, the best connector is no connector, etc) reduces the hazard rate but can't bring it to zero.

Last edited:
Everything is subject to failing. Can't fight entropy progression. Only things that change with practices is hazard rate and when the right side of the bathtub curve heads north. Best practices, (ferrules, minimizing the number of connection points, the best connector is no connector, etc) reduces the hazard rate but can't bring it to zero.

Are you sure we are talking about electrical items and not the everyday human experience (body)?

Back