screen snap of video?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rstaff3

Oddroc-eteer
Reaction score
Hey all you computer gurus. I'm running WinDVD and want a screen snap. I capture it to the clipboard viewer, copy it to disk, and try to manuipulate the result. That's when things stop working for me. The image is tied to the screen on the player, ie. you can enlarge, pan, etc and the portion that is the video image stays the same. Save it, reopen it and that still happens. Play the video and the image changes. Stop the video, and the pics I've saved all go to black. Anyone know what it takes to get a 'permanent' snap?

Well, the easy answer is you find the screen snap feature of the video player. (i.e. when all else fails, read the instructions!)

I'm still curious about how a graphics file keeps info about the active screen in the video player.

Hey all you computer gurus. I'm running WinDVD and want a screen snap. I capture it to the clipboard viewer, copy it to disk, and try to manuipulate the result. That's when things stop working for me. The image is tied to the screen on the player, ie. you can enlarge, pan, etc and the portion that is the video image stays the same. Save it, reopen it and that still happens. Play the video and the image changes. Stop the video, and the pics I've saved all go to black. Anyone know what it takes to get a 'permanent' snap?

Well, the easy answer is you find the screen snap feature of the video player. (i.e. when all else fails, read the instructions!)

I'm still curious about how a graphics file keeps info about the active screen in the video player.
20 years later and I'm still wondering how this is done.

I pause the video then hit print screen.
Then open MS Paint and hit the paste command
What ever was on the screen when you hit print screen now shows up in
paint as an image and you can edit it and save it as a JPEG or a few other formats.

Bobby

Back