Screamer Done!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottluther1369

Reaction score
Okay, so it wasn't the most complicated rocket. but hey! I love this rocket.
Here is a pic of it:

https://homepage.mac.com/scottluther/PhotoAlbum15.html

I'd like to thank Phred (Fred?) at Excelsorrocket for the decals (these are top notch and very fast response time - highly recomended) as well as answering A LOT of newbie questions (poor guy). Thanks Fred!

I'd also like to thank everyone on this forum for posting info like printing size and fin size etc.

I'd also like to thank my daughter for loosing my ONLY BT-5 engine block ring! That took awhile to fabricate a new one. I'm going to have to get some more spare parts to have around. That one being the first on my list. I must I made so many stupid mistakes on this rocket I think it was a good one to start with. Too stupid to mention (okay maybe one like glueing my marker engine in place while installing the engine block ring thus ruinging the tube). I couldn't get that engine out fast enough!

Now if I can just go hi power with this little baby. Better change your email address Fred. <LOL>
Seriously,
Thanks everyone!
--Scott

Originally posted by scottluther1369
I'd also like to thank my daughter for loosing my ONLY BT-5 engine block ring! That took awhile to fabricate a new one. I'm going to have to get some more spare parts to have around.

I have used a thin strip (like ~1/4" x 4") of cardstock rolled up & glued together for 13mm, 18mm, & even 24mm motor blocks. I borrowed the technique after building several of Art Applewhite's saucers.

HTH,

Looking sweet there Scott!!

I would use a 1/2A motor for the test flight... You want this one back!!

Thanks for the kind words.... I always try to help out.

Phred

I'd also like to thank my daughter for loosing my ONLY BT-5 engine block ring!

Always bring a spent motor or two home. You can saw them into motor blocks all day long. Just be careful as the clay nozzle in BP motors can zorch a sawblade in a heartbeat.

Also, you don't really need one at all.

Wrap a layer or so of masking tape around the motor and let friction hold it in.

I do this with H & I motors and it works fine. A 13mm motor is a cakewalk.

Friction fit is a time honored technique.

A

Thats what I originally did. Cut up an old engine but it seemed to not hold the shape very well so I cut down a larger engine block ring making it the right size. I was worried about putting tape on the engine becuase the first time around I damaged the body tube <newbie> I pulled and twisted that sucker (engine) IMMEDIATELY after applying glue and it would not come out. Finally the body tube got crushed. I was so mad. I learned much better techniques on this forum though and it went better the last time around!

Back