SCRA 12/27 launch pics

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewEntity1

Reaction score
Actually, more a case of 'pictures of rockets sitting on their pads' than actual launch pics...my old damaged camera is too slow to really catch them taking off...I can either show them on the rods, or way, way up high :(

Be that as it may, here is the first image, which shows a number of the the rockets at today's launch, right *after* one of the took off, heh :)

There were a lot of people there today...close to 100, I would say (including their kids)! There were about 15 rods setup by the club staff, plus a few additional rods in place by individuals who were allowed to use their own...despite that, the club had to stop after the ninth wave of launches due to the time, even though there were a lot more rockets people wanted to launch :D

I managed to get the two rockets I brought...the Estes Big Daddy and the Estes Super Shot each up one time.

A bunch more rockets. The tall blue one was a scratch built by a young lady...

Another round after most of the rockets had already been launched. The little black job with the yellow nose-cone is the super shot I was launching.

Still more rockets. On the right, the rocket with the yellow nose tip was another person's Big Daddy. His was better than mine :eek: . The paint was smoother, and the fins were all straight :D

Yet another launch round. The blue and yellow rocket on the first 3/16" rod is my own big daddy :) It feels more like my child though :p

I tried to get a pic of my BD right as it was taking off. I failed :(

The rocket was a tad wobly, but it flew fine otherwise, ejected fine, and deployed fine (despite the chinese assembled chute).
I flew it on a C11-3 for it's maiden voyage. I had hoped to launch it a second time today on a D12-5, but we ran out of time.

Originally posted by NewEntity1
On the right, the rocket with the yellow nose tip was another person's Big Daddy. His was better than mine

Great pics....... You say "his was better than mine" I would just say "he had a Bid Daddy also" The main question to ask yourself is "Did you have fun?" This is all that counts in my book...... Besides, a better paint job gives you an excuss to build another rocket real soon!!!!!!!

This was the closest I could come to gettting an image of a rocket actually in flight. This was someone's smallish rocket on a big motor that went way, way up there :)

Randy,

Just got back from the holidays and am glad to see you have a great time man...the pics were fantastic!!!

thanks for sharing man,

Carl

Bruce,

OMG...I saw all your posts and the last one ended in Randy...didn't even notice it was Rocketmaniac's post!!!

The pics are still great though...thanks again!

Carl

Originally posted by NewEntity1
Still more rockets. On the right, the rocket with the yellow nose tip was another person's Big Daddy. His was better than mine :eek: . The paint was smoother, and the fins were all straight :D

is that a *Trident* I see on (about) the 4th rod from the left?? (image scra_122703g.jpg) kewl :)

NE Bruce :) looks like you all had a really great time down there this weekend. Wishing now I lived about 500 miles farther south. Worst part is that I use to live in La Mirada and was not into rockets. :)

Latest posts

Back