Quantcast

Scored some E27's :D

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

n3tjm

Papa Elf
Reaction score
During the last CMASS launch, Neil came up to me with a pack of reloads... and asked me if I wanted to trade something for a pack of E27's...

E27's.... E27's! Of course I do! ;).

After some dealing, he walked off with a couple F24 loads, and I had in my hands a treasure from reload past... a reload that Aerotech should bring back... the E27-4T.

What is the big deal about the E27? Its only 3 n/s larger than the D24. Well... in a rocket the size of the Mustang... that buys you another 50 feet... In rockets the size of an Alpha... that'll buy you another 300 feet if you stretch the delay to 8 seconds. (which the load is so old... you'd probably get 10 seconds out of the delay).

The E27 grain is about 3/8" longer than the D24 grain. It was only available in the -4 delay because it had no delay spacer.

Also showing the motors age: "RECOMMENDED FOR AGES 16 or older. CAUTION: Keep out of reach of small children. ADULT SUPERVISION recommended for those under 16 years of age. "

This dates the reload around 93 - 94. It was around 93 - 95 when Aerotech was required to put "SALE TO PERSONS UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE PROHIBITED BY FEDERAL LAW" on the loads...

I don't know if i'll fire these... keeping em for collection sake most likely...

Latest posts