score!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elapid

Reaction score
from a distance, i thought it was an 80lb co2 tank...
turns out it was a fiberglass tank/cylinder about 8" in diameter and close to 5 feet long!

WooWhoo!

best thing of all...
it was free!
:D

500 psi burst strength!
pretty stout tube!
maybe a bit heavy, but i'll do something crazy like one 54mm central motor and 4 38mm around it for a nice cluster...

Originally posted by Elapid
from a distance, i thought it was an 80lb co2 tank...
turns out it was a fiberglass tank/cylinder about 8" in diameter and close to 5 feet long!

WooWhoo!

best thing of all...
it was free!

Nose, recovery gear and system, a 152mm MMT/fin can and a Loki O-27000, and you got a rocket.

it should be a 2x upscale Sumo
I just need a nose cone...

Originally posted by Blue_Ninja_150
Maybe you could the that motor config. but cant the 38mms :D

That's the craziest, most scatalogical thing I've ever read.

Does anyone else understand what he was saying? :confused:

he's saying to make it with vectored thrust inherent in the design like the deuces wild, etc.

not a bad idea, but i really don't see much point in wasting power that way, except to fly on a smaller field for the deuce/tres, i imagine. with something this big, it's gonna go *up there* anyway, so might as well take it to the limit...

No photo? Better watch out or the TRF enforcers will be knockin' at your door :)

You gotta name it the Acid Neutralizer! That would be perhaps the best rocket name I've ever heard. And you have to love the LCOs face when he has to say weird rocket names.

that's the funniest thing i've heard!
the Free Acid Neutralizer!

so, i'm thinking of leaving the threaded end alone and using the threads for motor retention. it might make it too hard to build though.

Back