Scissor Wing Transport

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carldoc

Reaction score
Although I see that Estes is re issueing the Scissor Wing Transport, I haven't seen it for sale anywhere. Anyone know when we will see this kit?:confused:

When you ask???

Probably when the next boatload of stuff from China arrives.

Sorry, I couldn't resist that one.

sandman

That would be the "Slow Boat" from China. Which, by the way, is also made.....in China.

ehobbies has their finger on the pulse. They have updated with the latest prices and expected dates.

Dates can change for good reasons. They have many steps in the process including but not limited to:
Designing.
Testing a prototype.
Sending design specs to manufacturing (China?).
Getting pre-production prototype from manufacturing and testing it and looking it over for quality control.
Giving OK for production.
Normal production units arrive and samples are pulled for testing/quality control.

I suspect that many of the items are shipped directly to the stores and distributors and do not "go through Penrose". If you visit a Wal-Mart or Toys R Us or Michaels, check out the boxes and see what addressing is marked on them.

I'm sure it all comes over in large containers on those cool container ships. However, I have no idea at what point the motors are inserted into the starter sets. Do they send USA made motors over to China and have them inserted there OR do the clamshell starter sets arrive here with the engine packs inserted here in the USA?

Originally posted by carldoc
Although I see that Estes is re issueing the Scissor Wing Transport, I haven't seen it for sale anywhere. Anyone know when we will see this kit?:confused:

Back