Scissor Wing Transport Question. I need an answer from the experts.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandman

Reaction score
Here's my quandary.

A customer has asked me to make two sets of Scissor Wing transport decals...no problem, right?

So I go to the Scissor Wing Transport Corel file and I see on the color page that the decals ar purple...PURPLE??? WHAAAAT???

Apparently someone corrected Fred on this in the past, I asked.

I go to JimZ's site and he has two plan sets for the Scissor Wing with decals...they are both in red.

I open one of the new Estes kits I have and the “peal/stick" decals are red, not purple.

The picture of the model on JimZ's site shows purple decals.

I can do the decals in any color but my question is;

Are the Scissor Wing Transport decals Red or Purple??? : Confused:

Does anybody know for sure?

Are the Scissor Wing Transport decals Red or Purple??? : Confused:

Does anybody know for sure?

The one we had when I was a kid was most definitely red.

I suspect the purple comes from photos taken under poor lighting conditions, leading someone to believe the decals should be purple. Either that, or from doing color correction on a monitor with significant calibration issues....

-Kevin

Mine are most definitely RED and every picture I've ever seen of this model is Red as well.

Glenn

I have to agree, everything I've seen tells me red.

I don't know where the Purple came from.:confused:

BTW I am able to produce the Scissor Wing Transport decal in Red, Green, Dark Blue, Light Blue, Purple, Magenta, Silver and Gold plus any other color you may think up.

The silver and Gold are $5 extra though...:blush:

If you look at the illustrations in the old Estes catalogs, it does look purple, but everyone that I talked about this topic said that the decals on the old model were red.

It may have been the way that the color was reproduced in the old catalog... just as some yellow models look rather orange.

Buy yourself some Pantone color guides and match the color from the catalog with a color chip. Irrespective what it looks like on your monitor, just make sure the output matches the color chip.

Or, spend thousands of dollars on a calibration system :)

Buy yourself some Pantone color guides and match the color from the catalog with a color chip. Irrespective what it looks like on your monitor, just make sure the output matches the color chip.

Or, spend thousands of dollars on a calibration system :)

The problem wasn't that bad!

It was just a matter of was it red or purple.

Back