Sci-fi fun with some spare parts....

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EchoVictor

Reaction score
So I was rummaging through the spare parts bin, trying to think up something to use up all these surplus A8-3 engines I have lying around? Why not some sort of cluster?. A couple of bulk kit Alpha body tubes, an extra Estes Nemesis fin sheet, and a few different kinds of nose cones and I have this little concotion;

With an Estes Screaming Eagle cone and PNC-50Y cone on the other side;
101_0362.jpg

Here's the aft view;
101_0367.jpg

With the Alpha cone on the other side;
101_0363.jpg

Both ways with the original Nemesis cone;
101_0361.jpg

101_0364.jpg

..and here's with a "double bubble" from an Estes Alien Invader on the other side;
101_0365.jpg

Still wondering if the two different length cones one either side would really mess up the flight profile. Swing-tests nice either way....

Which version do you like?

Later,
EV

Last edited:
I really like the double bubble, Can't wait to see a paint job on this, have you any designs in mind yet?

Looks nice...reminds me of the old Centuri Buck Rogers model.

EV, you always come up with some interesting designs. I'd be inclined to go with matching nose cones and use cardstock cockpits on both sides, but that's just me. :)

EV, you always come up with some interesting designs. I'd be inclined to go with matching nose cones and use cardstock cockpits on both sides, but that's just me. :)

Oh that's sweet. I've got a spare screaming eagle nose and probably will have a nemesis cone shortly....i'm interested to see how this flies. Might do something similar.

Kinda reminds me of the Twin Mustang or the German plane with the cockpit on one side and the engine on the other, with the tailboom behind it... with unequal length wings... an "Owl" IIRC...

Unsymmetrical plans are WAY cool... Looks like a TIE Bomber for that matter--Cockpit on one side, BIG HONKING GUN/BOMB BAY on the other...

Like the twin bubble as well...

Later! OL JR :)

Back