Sci-fi fun: what to do with that spare SR-71 nose cone?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been watching B5 on Hulu 1st season refreshing my memory on some minor details.
I miss this show but I was glad to see it complete an arc.
JM needs to do another Sci-fi show like B5.

That is a truly amazing model, with ingenious solutions to the problems of building it.

I just hope it doesn't fly like the "real" White Star. That had a habit of rapidly turning end for end, and the first one crashed into Z'Ha'Dum. :D

Good luck with the model White Star's flight!

I am still waiting for Jim to announce the release date of the new kit. I think he is ignoring me....
:neener:

Don't worry Jim, Harold is use to being ignored, we ignore him every month at the club launches!:roll:

Don't worry Jim, Harold is use to being ignored, we ignore him every month at the club launches!:roll:

Remember that when you have four rockets sitting on the rack and your wondering where I am.....
:dark:

Well, if I flew a sparky, that would get his attention in a hurry!!!:D:D:neener::neener:

Ok, so maybe when Jim finishes the kit, then creates a special upscale White Star that can take a 29 mm motor.....

NO!

Have a nice day.
:p

Harold,

Is that a definite or a maybe NO?
I'm senseing some hesitation in you post.:neener::p

I saw this in person today. I held it in my hands. I watched it fly. I can now die a happy man.

No, seriously, very awesome. Ok, I'm new(ish) to this hobby, but this has got to be the coolest rocket I've ever seen in person. Hats off. :cheers:

Ok guys, I look at avitars and the location of the poster.

EV, reads Metro Detriot.

McKailas Dad, reads Watertown, Wisconsin.

Thats a 7 drive difference! 45 min flight from Detriot to Chicago!

So I'm guessing EV move to Wisconsin and didn't change his avitar!:p

Am I right! EV?

BTW, where is the flight video.:D

I grabbed my video camera at the very last second. I did get a few seconds of video, but hardly worth uploading. You couldn't even tell it was the Whitestar :bang:...although if ya want a back-side-view of EV, I got that...

[YOUTUBE]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/VGs1IQ6USJ0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/VGs1IQ6USJ0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Yes, he is from Detroit...

She flies!

Too bad you can't slow down the video!

EV, we see you.

Where is your video?

Confused? Easy explanation.....

I used to live in Janesville, WI for 7 years until I moved back home to the Detroit area in '08. Kids and girlfriend still live in WI. Thus, I'm in WI on weekends.... a lot.

As for pics and video, be patient. I just got in last night at 1:00am. I'll try and post 'em tonight.

Later,
EV

Fantastic model!
Looked like a great flight, don't beat yourself up for only getting a little of the flight... at least we got to see that much of it!
Thank you for sharing.

Got a chance to put her in the air this Saturday.
100_2169.jpg

First flight on a C6-3 did OK, but she only climbed to about 100 feet before leveling off and flying purely horizontal. Recovered fine, and as I was flying other stuff, I realized my problem. The combination of high weight (120g) and large fin area meant I needed a longer rod.

Second flight, again on a C6-3, but this time with a 4' long launch rod. Much better results. Sorry for the sideways video. Anyone know how to fix that?

Later,
EV

EV,
Have you been able to put some fin patterns and such together? I've got a nose cone just ready to be used.

EV,

Although you cannot turn the video upright,(I don't know how)you can rotate the screen of the monitor.
Press Ctrl, Alt and the 'RIGHT' arrow key and the screen will turn to the right.
Press Ctrl, Alt and the 'UP' to return the screen to normal.
Keep in mind, you must turn your mouse in the same direction as the screen for "normal" operation.

Daniel

Last edited:
Back