Schoolhouse Rock! (Another tour down memory lane)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr wogz

Fly caster
Reaction score
So, Saturday morning cartoons.. And, among the sugary cereal commercials, the toy commercials, there were these little gems to try & put some "education" into the cartoon stream..

Schoolhouse rock! Only on ABC if I recall..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schoolhouse_Rock!

Numbers, nouns, adverbs, American History (that confused us Canadians a bit..) and there seems to be a few others that came about later; in the 80's & 90's..

I believe I can still sing most of them, once prompted!! I did have the soundtrack at one point..

1645132778623.png

I had the Top 25 VHS that was issued for the 30th anniversary. Good stuff in there.

I don’t know if it was strictly a SHR production, but leading up the 2004 elections, Nickelodeon did a short in a similar style dealing cards that listed American presidents that had served up until then. Getting to President Fillmore they interrupted the song to note “First Name: Millard”, at which point the portrait on the card asked “Why name a kid that?!?!”

Chester Alan Arthur also pointed out his weird facial hair and Richard Nixon simply stated “I resigned”.

I’ll have to see if I can find it….

Last edited:
Disney + has them all!

I still, to this day think of those when I need to explain a Noun, Verb etc to my kids

I had the Top 25 VHS that was issued for the 30th anniversary. Good stuff in there.

I don’t know if it was strictly a SHR production, but leading up the 2004 elections, Nickelodeon did a short in a similar style dealing cards that listed American presidents that had served up until then. Getting to President Fillmore they interrupted the song to note “First Name: Millard”, at which point the portrait on the card asked “Why name a kid that?!?!”

Chester Alan Arthur also pointed out his weird facial hair and Richard Nixon simply stated “I resigned”.

I’ll have to see if I can find it….
Animaniacs for the Presidents, States/Capitols and of course couinties of the world!

I guess I‘m at the age of failing memory. I remember SchoolHouse Rock, vaguely Conjunction Junction and I’m just a Bill but no others.

Back