School is Done!!!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocketmaniac

Reaction score
School is Done!!!! Well, at least for the semester.

My brain is hurting and I am going to enjoy this next month.

Out of 4 classes, I know my final grades in only 2. I got an "A" (97) in my computer course (microsoft appications) and an "A" (95) in Math 102 (Intermediate Algebra)

I am pretty sure I will get an "A" in English 101, but still waiting on a score for my final essay. I had a 93 average going into the final essay with was worth 30% of my grade.

Then there is Biology 210 (Anatomy & Physiology I). For me, it was the hardest class I have ever taken. Tons and tons of memorizing. Up to a week ago, I had a low "B" average. Since then I have had a Lab Practical and a major test in which I didn't do very well on. I just got home after taking the final test. I feel pretty comfortable about the test, but I need very close to a perfect score to get a B". It's a little depressing, I just hope 3 As and a C is enough to get into Radiology.

On the bright side, I have one whole month to do nothing but build rockets!!!!!!!!! :D :D

Congrats!

I'm working on my final paper for Ethics right now, and I take my W. Humanities 2 final, non-comprehensive test Wednesday. Pleasant....(sarcasm)

Jason
thoroughly worn out from this semester!

I'm graduating from Tomahawk School next week. I love when school gets out.

Haha, 4 classes?! That's awaesome. I have eight:

-Honors Algebra II
-Integrated Science 10
-English 10
-Atlantic Experience 10 (History)
-Latin III
-Intro to Journalism (for school newspaper (of which has won national awards :D , Evergreen)
-Intro to Black and White Photography
-Computer tutorial (programming)

The first five are core classes, and the last three are electives. Normally, schedules only allow 7 classes (7 classes is still very rare) because 6 classes will meet/day (hour long classes). However, I got lucky, and the Upper School headmaster let me take 8 classes because I was 'academically stable'. The 8th one being a computer tutorial, which I meet at 7'o'clock... But heck, it's a tutorial, easy A.

My school goes by the trimester, and we don't get out till next Friday.

Originally posted by Rocketman248
I'm graduating from Tomahawk School next week. I love when school gets out.

The Navy sent you to baseball camp in Cleveland?

Originally posted by rocketsonly

Well then, I would say you have your plate full. For me, at my stage in life, 4 college courses is enough. Having a family and going to school is hard. But the people who have a family, go to school AND go to work....... They are smart!!!!!

Originally posted by rocketsonly

-Honors Algebra II
-Integrated Science 10
-English 10
-Atlantic Experience 10 (History)
-Latin III
-Intro to Journalism (for school newspaper (of which has won national awards :D , Evergreen)
-Intro to Black and White Photography
-Computer tutorial (programming)My school goes by the trimester, and we don't get out till next Friday.

Latin III eh? I've had II, but it wasn't required anymore.. The people in LIII at my school pretty much just translate, mostly cicero... Same as you guys?

Originally posted by Rocketmaniac
On the bright side, I have one whole month to do nothing but build rockets!!!!!!!!! :D :D

Yeah, rockets are fine, but IIRC beer and co-eds have their charms also. :D

Originally posted by Fishhead
Yeah, rockets are fine, but IIRC beer and co-eds have their charms also. :D

Oh, I'll have my share of beer. Co-eds, well they're good too, but I'd get into BIG trouble with them....

Ahh, yes. I was pining for the "good ol' days" with a college buddy of mine (we graduated 9 years ago this month.)

I'll never forget the hardest class I took. Thermodynamics. Class was officially labelled "Mechanical Engineering 254." So we all go to class for the first month, do our homework and studies, do pretty well on the quizzez and homework, and the first test rolls around. 2 questions on the entire exam. Took the whole hour to complete it. The average raw test score in a class of 76 people was a 34. I got a 26, which scaled up to a C-.

I ended up dropping that class... :eek:

Sounds like a Rolla class. Never could understand the point of making tests that hard.

Originally posted by Fore Check
Ahh, yes. I was pining for the "good ol' days" with a college buddy of mine (we graduated 9 years ago this month.)

I'll never forget the hardest class I took. Thermodynamics. Class was officially labelled "Mechanical Engineering 254." So we all go to class for the first month, do our homework and studies, do pretty well on the quizzez and homework, and the first test rolls around. 2 questions on the entire exam. Took the whole hour to complete it. The average raw test score in a class of 76 people was a 34. I got a 26, which scaled up to a C-.

I ended up dropping that class... :eek:

well, I have one week of school left, thank goodness. I'm a Junior in high school, and I only had 4 classes: JROTC, 11th grade History, Dual Enrollment Chemistry (Chemistry 111 and 112), and Spanish 2. Next semester, I have Spanish 3, Precalculus, JROTC, and 11th grade English. I'm really looking forward for Christmas break. I like the fact that our school system gives us 2 weeks out in Fall, Winter, and Spring, then 2 months out for Summer, but I think the School Board is only going to gives us 1 week in Fall and Spring next year, which really sucks.

Originally posted by OARJeepr
Sounds like a Rolla class. Never could understand the point of making tests that hard.

Yep.

But they weren't *all* that way. In fact, some were pretty easy. Or maybe they were just easy to me.... ;)

foo.

I miss school.

I put in an application today to Everest College here in town.
Not for classes -- I've had too many of those. For a job. Not quite the same, but at least it's school.

my first semester doesn't end till Jan 28th... idn when Christmas breack starts for us. as a cyber school student, it doesn't make much difference :p
This semester i only have 3 classes, but i'm doing them block (full year courses in one semester) so its teh equivilant of 6. next semester i'm taking 4... and i'd sorta like to take five, but... well, we'll see.
this sem its Eng11, Chem (fav course) and pre calc... the way they have me doing pre calc is corespondence course, and it sux bigtime! i have never had a hard time with maths, but this friggan course is killing me.
next semester i'm taking physics, art/muzic apreciation (bleck), American history, and... umm.. i can't remember. :rolleyes:

i will take some time over the break to build rockets, but i'll be doing allot of pre clac... :kill:

Originally posted by Rocketmaniac
Well then, I would say you have your plate full. For me, at my stage in life, 4 college courses is enough. Having a family and going to school is hard. But the people who have a family, go to school AND go to work....... They are smart!!!!!

Well, that would explain it! You're in college.

Originally posted by Justin Horne
Latin III eh? I've had II, but it wasn't required anymore.. The people in LIII at my school pretty much just translate, mostly cicero... Same as you guys?

Actually, we're just starting that next week!

Back