• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Scans and info on the Estes Goblin (1255) (ca. 1975-1982)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K'Tesh

.....OpenRocket's ..... "Chuck Norris"
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
[FONT=&amp]Any chance someone has an Estes Goblin (1255), from sometime between 1975-1982?
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]I want to see how it differs from the K-55 version and the modern version.
[/FONT]

I'm doing research now on the Goblin. I've simmed up the (K-55) from prior to 1975, and I've got a modern Goblin (7237) in my hands now (Thanks Mom!), what I haven't seen anywhere is the instructions for the (1255) (from sometime between 1975-1982).

I want to see how it differs from the older and newer versions.

What I know is different:
The K-55 and 1255 used balsa nosecones (BNC-55AO), the 7237 uses the PNC-55AO (with no mention at all about the world shortage in balsa).
The K-55 had a fin template that you used to cut the fins out yourself, the 1255's fins were diecrushed, and the 7237's are laser cut.
The 7237 engine hook has a finger tab, and there may be a difference between the K-55 and the 1255's engine hooks (I suspect that they got wider at some point).

What I'd like is instructions for it, as well as scans of the fins and decals (with a ruler for scaling).

Thanks!
Jim

Last edited:
Does anybody has one of these instructions in their collections?

Anyone? Anyone?

Bump again...

Surely someone has got to have this in their collection somewhere.

And no, I didn't call you Shirley.

Back