scales for rockets and such?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

troutfinder293

Reaction score
Does any one know where i can buy a scales so i can weigh my rocket and such. I like one that won't cost me a arm and a leg.
I saw one on a rocket site but didn't safe in my favorites.

THANKS...............

If you are trying to weigh low/mid-power rockets, a postal scale will work nicely.

You can pick these up at an Office Depot or Staples.

I purchased a 5 lb. scale several years ago for just this purpose. I can't remember exactly what it cost me but I know it was less than $20.

You could probably get a decent triple beam balance from eBay for under $100.

thanks. That's what im looking for. I didn't thank about looking at office depot or office max. We have both of them.

Thank you!

Take a look at the ones I have. Might do the trick. I think they're under "Accessories, tools, and misc."

Rebar-
Can you give more detail on your scales?
The site does not link to "more info".

Also everyone, check out this scale, My-Weigh 7001DX Digital Scale .
It weighs up to 7000 grams at 1 gram, AND....
Comes with a speciality built Rocket Body Tube Weighing Saddle .
And a fin holder and a junk bucket.
$34.99.
Could be junk I guess, but might not be too.

Greg

I picked up a digital fishing scale at Wal Mart, accurate to the ounce, about 25 bucks. Max capability is 30lbs I think...

Dave

I bought a nice digital scale at Office Depot recently. It has a 5 pound capacity & is accurate to 1/10th of an ounce. It also measures in grams & has a tare feature. The brand name is Pelouze & the model is SP5. I believe it cost me around $32.00+.
I am very pleased with it.

I use my wife's Weight Watchers food scale. It weighs in either ounces (in 0.1 oz increments) or grams (in 1 g increments) and cost around $30.

I actually have two. One for more precise measureing and one for shipping. The more precise one will fit in your pocket and the other is a table top. Both I purchased on Ebay for about 25.00 for the two plus shipping.

Here are the four I use just about daily. they range in price from about 45.00 for the 200gram electronic to seveal hundred for the triple beam precision balance. I think the sunbeam 2000g is the most versatile. Can't recall the exact price but I believe it was about 120.00 buck. I've heard of several postal scales folks have gotten pertty cheap at wal-mart.

Originally posted by JRThro
I use my wife's Weight Watchers food scale. It weighs in either ounces (in 0.1 oz increments) or grams (in 1 g increments) and cost around $30.

So how many points is your favorite/biggest rocket worth?? :p :D:D ;)

LOL

Jason

Kitchen scale at Wal-Mart in the aisle with the measuring cups. Digital. Comes with 9 volt batery included. Under $30. Insanely accurate and easy to "zero". 2 gram increments in metric mode. 1/8 ounce increments in Olde English mode. Just over 5 pounds max capacity.

I use mine to weight tiny models, packages for the mail, and big spools of nichrome wire (I hit the mother lode yesterday - 33+ POUNDS or 30, 31 and 32 guage). I've even weighed some food using it. I also use it at every club launch to check lift-off weights when there is a question of thrust to weight ratio and delay time appropriateness.

Originally posted by troutfinder293
Does any one know where i can buy a scales so i can weigh my rocket and such. I like one that won't cost me a arm and a leg.
I saw one on a rocket site but didn't safe in my favorites.

THANKS...............

Originally posted by 11Bravo
Rebar-
Can you give more detail on your scales?
The site does not link to "more info".

Also everyone, check out this scale, My-Weigh 7001DX Digital Scale .
It weighs up to 7000 grams at 1 gram, AND....
Comes with a speciality built Rocket Body Tube Weighing Saddle .
And a fin holder and a junk bucket.
$34.99.
Could be junk I guess, but might not be too.

Greg

I've got one like Rebar sells. My Weigh LS-30.
0.1 oz resolution up to 2 lbs, 0.5 oz up to 30 lbs,
and the equivalent in grams. One 9v battery lasted a year. It has auto-power-off.

Back