Quantcast

Scales 4 models

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Scotty Dog

Reaction score
Im kinda new here still ,and I have surfed thru lots of build threads on TRF.One thing I have not heard or seen much of( and kinda surprised, cuz its a big part of a build ,especialy from scratch or doing an upscale) is what people use to weigh thier parts and completed rockets. Scotty Dog

Last edited:

Micromeister

Micro Craftman/ClusterNut
TRF Lifetime Supporter
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Here are the ones I used in the shop and on the field. Hope it helps.

Cen-Tech Pocket 500g Scale-c-sm_2 pic_01-07-07.JPG

AKPilot

Reaction score
I picked up a very inexpensive but, accurate scale at Harbor Freight.

Same with calipers.

ONAWHIM

Reaction score
Scotty,

What weight range?

I got a a 5lb DYMO at Staples for less than $50.

SP5 - 5 lb Digital Mailing Scale

It weighs in Oz or Grams and has a tare (sp?) feature so you can put a container on it a zero the reading.

I kept the box and the plastic pieces that fit in under the top to prevent damage.

Wm.

Scotty Dog

Reaction score
Scotty,

What weight range?

I got a a 5lb DYMO at Staples for less than $50.

SP5 - 5 lb Digital Mailing Scale

It weighs in Oz or Grams and has a tare (sp?) feature so you can put a container on it a zero the reading.

I kept the box and the plastic pieces that fit in under the top to prevent damage.

Wm.
If I got my facts rite, a dollar bill weighs a gram. I see its a mailing scale. Funny thing is, I told the wife last holiday season we needed to get one. I send packages out to my folks in AZ thru the year. Kept telling her I think the PO scales are rigged. :confused2: Thanks for the info

mjennings

Reaction score
A electronic kitchen scale works pretty well as well, if the weight is below 10 lbs or so, depends on the scale. Snag one with a bed bath and beyond mail coupon that comes about once a month. You should be able to get one for $20-$30. As long as you put wax paper over it when you weigh rockets you can use it in the kitchen too. Especially if you follow the Alton Brown weigh everything when baking policy.