SCALE - (X-Prize) Lucky Seven Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Howie

Reaction score
This is an upscale of the Lucky 7. BT80, 18mm motor (B6-4, I bought a bulk
pack :cool:), Paper transition. Very straight boost, but I had a shock cord
sep. It looks like the knot I tied in the shock cord came undone. :blush:

Post copied to gallery with permission

lglucky7.jpg

lglucky7launch.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
For a long my, my Lucky Seven was one of my most predictable rockets. I could predict the altitude and get it right every time within a few inches. That was because it always hung up on the rod. I finally solved the problem by reaming out the lug with a drill bit and it does fly now, after a fashion.

LS-f1a.jpg

lug-reaming-2.jpg

Uh...Mario... did you camoflage your Lucky Seven as a Baby Bertha?

Welcome to the SCALE (X-Prize) Lucky Seven Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the X-Prize Lucky Seven and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Estes: Lucky Seven: #0807

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

American manned spacecraft. Study 2004. X-Prize suborbital ballistic spacecraft concept of Acceleration Engineering, Bath, Michigan.

Lucky Seven was a design of Mickey Badgero of Acceleration Engineering, Bath, Michigan. The concept used rocket-powered vertical takeoff launch and parafoil landing. Lucky Seven was to be a conical rocket 9 meters long and 3 meters between fin tips. For launch and landing, the rocket was to be supported on four fixed leg-fins, each 1.5 m tall. These legs were part of a metal frame that supported the propulsion system, a pressurized cabin, and a nose cone/recovery system. Launching vertically, the main engine, a pressure-fed, liquid oxygen/liquid methane design , was to burn for 90 seconds, after which the rocket was to coast for another 100 seconds past the 100-kilometre altitude mark. Passengers were to experience weightlessness for about three and a half minutes. Upon re-entering the atmosphere, a drogue parachute was to be deployed to slow the ascent. When the air thickened, a parafoil was to be deployed. The spacecraft was to then return to the launch site, using a Global Positioning System satellite guidance system, gliding to a vertical landing.

Last edited:
Estes Lucky Seven (#0807) Basic Information.

estes.gif
Estes Industries

MODEL NAME: Lucky Seven Also known as:

NUMBER: #0807

Introduced: 2005
Final Year: 2007
Designer:

Type: Scale
Motor Mount: 1x13mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 7.9"
Diameter: 1.37"
Span:
Weight: 1.5 oz

Mfg. Description: The Lucky Seven is a stellar looking version of the Acceleration Engineering X Prize Competition spaceship. Blasting 200 feet in the air and powered by an Estes Mini Engine. Recovered by a colorful, fully assembled parachute. Easy Assembly. 1:50 Scale. (Estes 2005 Catalog)

Advertising Liveries

estes-lucky%20seven%200807-2005%20cat%20livery.jpg
Estes 2005 Catalog
estes-lucky%20seven%200807-2006%20cat%20livery.jpg
Estes 2006 Catalog
estes-lucky%20seven%200807-2007%20cat%20livery.jpg
Estes 2007 Catalog

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

estes-lucky%20seven%200807-instr.jpg

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Back