Scale kits at low prices

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UncMikesRktShk

Reaction score
Tongiht I will be getting my first shippment of Scale Kits, they are a great replacement for the launch pad stuff. As usual it will be heavily discounted. At the moment I will have only about 70% of the line but check back in following days I will have everything they stock. Sorry I forgot to mention they will listed in the store this evening around 7PM EST.

Just picked up the kits from Gary, they are outstanding and ready for sale. I will be getting the bulk of the bigger 29mm stuff in a few weeks. But I have 9 different Scale Kits listed now.

Thank you for all the patronage I have gotten from the TRF members.

"Uncle" Mike

Kits are up and for sale I have about 70% of the line. would have had em all but I had pre order requests that had to be filled. If anyone is looking for a particular scale kit Email me. I have the best prices on them on the web.

Thank you for all your past patronage

SCALEKITS products are tremendous! I ordered a couple of the Guideline kits and I must say that it builds into an impressive sized model for a fantastic price. The body tube is thick and beefy--- practically bullet-proof, the fins are top notch pre-cut, the cone and transition are excellant, and it comes with a NYLON chute!!!
Also a decal.

If you were to compare the LP kits side-by-side with Scalekits, the winner would be Scalekits across the board in every category.

----------------------------LP---------------------SK

Tube--------------thin estes style----------thick PML style
Fin----------------uncut balsa stock--------precut basswood
Cone-------------plastic estes--------------custom turned balsa
Transitions------paper shrouds-----------custom turned balsa
Chute------------mylar-----------------------nylon
Decals-----------none------------------------decals
Motors----------lo thrust 24mm------------hi-thrust 24mm
Availability-----hard to find-----------------easy to find

And the prices are pretty darn great as well.

Just a thoroughly impressed customer,

CTimm

I've been eyeing the Scalekits Guideline. Have you flown it yet?

I've been watching Uncle Mike to see if he's going to sell these. What's the word on the Guideline, Uncle? When do you think you'll have it and how much will you charge (your prices on the other Scalekits look *great*)?

Originally posted by illini
I've been eyeing the Scalekits Guideline. Have you flown it yet?

I've been watching Uncle Mike to see if he's going to sell these. What's the word on the Guideline, Uncle? When do you think you'll have it and how much will you charge (your prices on the other Scalekits look *great*)?

illini
Gary was out of guidelines but I will have some as sson as he kits up some more, probably in a week or so.
the price will be Retail 46.95 Our Price 36.75 + 6.00 S/H
Let me know if your interested I will order an extra for you along with my normal order.
Thanks.

P.S I have flown several and the review for the BULL PUP 12D is on EMRR Bull Pup Review

I would like to thank all those who made our Scale kits debut a roaring sucsess, Im almost cleaned out. I will be getting some more kits in soon. Those of you who asked for specific items. Those will also be included. I will have them for you soon. I will Email those of you who "pre ordered" specific kits.

Thanks again guys/gals for all your support

Im Reloaded On Scale Kits. Have all but 2 in stock and ready for sale. you wont find them cheaper anywhere else.

Placed my order last night and this morning got the e-mail that said it would be shipped today. Great prices and < 24 hours turnaround. Got a good thing going there! Thanks, Uncle!

Originally posted by illini
Placed my order last night and this morning got the e-mail that said it would be shipped today. Great prices and < 24 hours turnaround. Got a good thing going there! Thanks, Uncle!

did you get your confirmation with the tracking number? We have been having trouble with that lately. It should have come from PayPal.

and thank you in advance for your patronage.

Originally posted by UncMikesRktShk
did you get your confirmation with the tracking number? We have been having trouble with that lately. It should have come from PayPal.

Yes I did.

If you were to compare the LP kits side-by-side with Scalekits, the winner would be Scalekits across the board in every category.

I know what your saying but thats such a bad call

TLP and Scale kits make designs of real rockets but thats the only real simmularity
TLP kits are designed to be light as possible with most attention to scale detail.some of the kits require you to roll your own tubes just to get more accurate scale, and utilise techniques you won't find in most other kits, the 2 stage plan paks are highly challenging time consuming.and you will definately learn some new techniques, for example when it comes to the staging systems in TLP kits, you have to build it and solder from scratch.

Scale kits are designed to be beefy with a little less attention to detail.more on performance with stronger motors.and ease of construction.you still get a nice scale kit at a comparable price range that should perform very well everytime you launch it.

they are both winners in their own respect but in my opinion the comparison is highly unfair to TLP in the earlier thread.

I will be getting a new supply of scale kits soon, so those of you who have requested things this second time around I will be able to fill your orders soon. And thank you all for making our sale of scale kits a roaring sucsess

I am Reloaded In Time for Christmas, I have all the MID-POWER Kits in except the Blue Water. I have limited supplies of the "D" series some are sold out. You wont find them cheaper anywhere else.

I have a limited supply of the entire "D" series now. So as of today I have everything in stock except the Mid-Power Blue Water.

will be reloading again next week so keep em coming. I will be able to fill all the requests next week and still get them to you in time for christmas.

Thanks for all your support

I can still get your Scale to you before christmas, so if your wondering whether you want one or two for the holidays nows the time.

Have a happy holiday!!:)

https://www.v-serv.com/usr/scale.htm

Item---------LP----------------SK-------------------USR

Tube---------thin estes style--thick PML style------thick estes style
Fin----------uncut balsa stock-precut basswood------balsa patterns
Cone---------plastic estes-----custom turned balsa--balsa or plastic
Transitions--paper shrouds-----custom turned balsa--Integrated Tube™
Chute--------mylar-------------nylon----------------mylar
Decals-------none--------------decals---------------none
Motors-------lo thrust 24mm----hi-thrust 24mm-------98,75,54,38,29,24,18mm
Availability-hard to find------easy to find---------Instaship™

I hope this helps.

Originally posted by Jerry Irvine
https://www.v-serv.com/usr/scale.htm

Item---------LP----------------SK-------------------USR

Tube---------thin estes style--thick PML style------thick estes style
Fin----------uncut balsa stock-precut basswood------balsa patterns
Cone---------plastic estes-----custom turned balsa--balsa or plastic
Transitions--paper shrouds-----custom turned balsa--Integrated Tube™
Chute--------mylar-------------nylon----------------mylar
Decals-------none--------------decals---------------none
Motors-------lo thrust 24mm----hi-thrust 24mm-------98,75,54,38,29,24,18mm
Availability-hard to find------easy to find---------Instaship™

I hope this helps.
The Mid Power Series Of ScaleKits Takes 29mm Motors ,and vinyl striping is also provided for most of the kits in leiu of painting stripes

I can still get it to you in time for Christmas ,grab em while they last. It may be a while before more are produced.

Thank you for your support

Must....resist....need....to....order...multiple...kits...now....

Christmas is one week away

wife will skin me- roll carcass in lemon juice

You are enjoying this aren'tcha Mike?

What did I do to you?

Originally posted by Hospital_Rocket

Christmas is one week away

wife will skin me- roll carcass in lemon juice

You are enjoying this aren'tcha Mike?

What did I do to you?

If I dont get rid of them all by the holidays end MY wife will skin me and roll my carcass in our salt water tank :)

I noticed something.

This thread is titled something like low prices on scale kits.

But most of the posts are roughly twice a week updates on Uncle Mikes Rocket Shop sales of one particular line of scale kits with each subsequent post being a marketing pitch with emphasis on price, I presume to cannibalize sales from other "scale kits" dealers who do or must charge MSRP.

Is this standard practice?

As a manufacturer I am basicly obligated to sell at MSRP so dealers do not feel squeezed out.

They dislike discount resellers who sell on price alone because frankly there is consumer benefit to a strong network of regional sellers.

Am I off base here? This seems like a "Wal-Mart mentality".

Also my seemingly tech post (comparisons) was replied to, not to discuss the content, but to tag it with yet another UMRS/SC advert.

Jerry

Be gentile.

I noticed something.

This thread is titled something like low prices on scale kits.

But most of the posts are roughly twice a week updates on Uncle Mikes Rocket Shop sales of one particular line of scale kits with each subsequent post being a marketing pitch with emphasis on price, I presume to cannibalize sales from other "scale kits" dealers who do or must charge MSRP.

Is this standard practice?

As a manufacturer I am basicly obligated to sell at MSRP so dealers do not feel squeezed out.

They dislike discount resellers who sell on price alone because frankly there is consumer benefit to a strong network of regional sellers.

Am I off base here? This seems like a "Wal-Mart mentality".

Also my seemingly tech post (comparisons) was replied to, not to discuss the content, but to tag it with yet another UMRS/SC advert.

Jerry

Be gentile.

Jerry

As of This Friday Dec 17 2004, we will be assuming all Scale Kits production. While Gary helps me with the transition I intend to continue to sell his current line of kits. We will be getting all the parts to kit his entire line. Once we run out of parts or start to get low. we will re-kit them again. Im left with the impression that you feel there is a "conflict of interest" on this matter? please correct me if Im wrong. We will be eventually dropping some of his line and right now I dont know what will make the cut.

As of This Friday Dec 17 2004, we will be assuming all Scale Kits production.

Congrats!

Im left with the impression that you feel there is a "conflict of interest" on this matter? please correct me if Im wrong.

My questions were about pricing and discount policy at your firm. Near as I can tell you manufacture AND sell direct (TRF, Ebay, web) and either do not sell through dealers or perhaps do, but compete against them on PRICE (and distribution channels) where you have the decided advantage (you dominate TRF and Ebay for example).As you should since I presume you like profit.

BUT, a manufacturer should not compete with their own dealers on price. At least that is standard practice in this and most other industries for a couple centuries now.

Maybe I am the wacky one and the goal in life SHOULD be to shift all business to the central hub of manufacturing, or jobs, manufacturing capacity and sources to China (for example) since they are the world's low cost producer right now. After all, saving 5%+is more inmportant than domestic capacity or jobs or incomes, or local full service dealers, right?

You might say, "but I am only one guy".

Yep.

So where do you stand?

Jerry

Congrats!

My questions were about pricing and discount policy at your firm. Near as I can tell you manufacture AND sell direct (TRF, Ebay, web) and either do not sell through dealers or perhaps do, but compete against them on PRICE (and distribution channels) where you have the decided advantage (you dominate TRF and Ebay for example).As you should since I presume you like profit.

BUT, a manufacturer should not compete with their own dealers on price. At least that is standard practice in this and most other industries for a couple centuries now.

Maybe I am the wacky one and the goal in life SHOULD be to shift all business to the central hub of manufacturing, or jobs, manufacturing capacity and sources to China (for example) since they are the world's low cost producer right now. After all, saving 5%+is more inmportant than domestic capacity or jobs or incomes, or local full service dealers, right?

You might say, "but I am only one guy".

Yep.

So where do you stand?

Jerry

Having not sat down with Gary of scale kits yet to iron out the fine points on the kits themselves. I can only tell you this at the present time. currently we are going to be kitting and selling only through us for the moment. Once we have gotten production and a parts pipeline up and running we intend to sell to any dealer who wishs to make a purchase. As for price to a dealer that has not been determined as of yet. However We allready had an advantage on price because Gary of scale kits lives only 10 minutes from me and is in my NAR section (#463 HUVARS). So I never had to pay for shipping or handling on a large order of mid power kits. I only had to go pick them up or have him bring them to a launch for me. Not having to pass that cost along to a customer has always let us sell his kits at a lower price. I hope this clears up any confusion on the matter, however if you have any other concerns or questions feel free to Email me or post it here.

Thanks
Mike

The shifting of Scale Kits from Gary to myself is still on hold, while I finish up some details from my mothers recent death. The Scale Kits website is now offically "DOWN". Any inquires should be sent to us from this date on.

Note:
If you would send me your address I will see that you get the updated Falcon Fin guides. Gary will mail them to all who email me their address.

We will still continue to sell Scale Kits off of our web site.

While alot of people are running out/out of stock of scale kits we still have quite a few left for sale. I will be getting together witht he owner of scalekits to assume the kit line very soon.

Are any of the US Rockets scale kits shipping? I looked at the instaship page a few times, and unless I'm looking under the wrong heading, I don' see any there.

Back