Scale Kits Apex mid power

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

do you own any scale kits?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

ben

Reaction score
I was interested in buying a Scale Kits Apex. I wanted to upgrade it to 29mm with a 24mm adapter. I believe the body tube size is 1.6" (29mm) So my main question is would this work or would Io runb into problems in order to do this the fins could not be ttw fins so anyone who has heard of the kit, built the kit or just like posting :D ;)

Another thing... 1.6" is 38mm, 1.1 is 29mm. I have several scale models, like the Estes Bullpup, TLP ALARM and I lost an upscaled Mosquito... but you don't have to count that ;) This sounds like you may want to try cutting slots for TTW fins, too (but try it on some scrap tubing first). Also, you want a stuffer tube if you do TTW fins for the main fins, seeing as they are high up enough that it won't work with a short length of tubing. You'll also want a motor block to keep you from using motors that are too big (I know you want to, so I reccomend it :p ), and to help with using the motor adapter or SU 29mm motors.

Latest posts

Back