SCALE - Gabriel Missile Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sodmeister

Reaction score
Sheesh ,been quite some time ,but I did not forget about this ,finally got it finished and painted this past October during a warm spell of nice weather.It took plenty of masking and drying between coats and finally oversprayed with Krylon satin clear finish.I made most of the decals myself ,but also used the set from Gordy "sandman" and will say ,they went on without an issue ,top quality product from Gordy.Mine I made using decal paper from David at Sirius Rocketry ,good quality paper ,print and overspray with 3 light coats of Krylon clear UV non-yellowing gloss .I let them dry for 24 hours and apply using Future as my decal setter.

Anywho ,here is the first set of pics.

Hope you enjoy them.This was a great kit from The Launch Pad ,lots of scratch building and the fins were a new adventure ,but I like the way they turned out.

Take care

Paul t

Post copied to gallery with permission

Attachments

• phpao3JHiPM.jpg
    phpao3JHiPM.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 87
  • phpmNduBJPM.jpg
    phpmNduBJPM.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 76
  • phpn6mkJ5PM.jpg
    phpn6mkJ5PM.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 74
  • phppyCyI9PM.jpg
    phppyCyI9PM.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 96
Last edited by a moderator:
Dang. Real nice build there, Paul. Great bevels, craftsmanship and paint job. Nobody builds a missle like you. If a Mountie pulled you over on your way to a launch—you'd be doing some explaining.

Does the Gabriel have an alpha/numeric designation?

The Launch Pad kits are great kits but it's very easy to build them poorly. You've done a fantastic job :) Very impressed!!

Krusty

Welcome to the SCALE Gabriel Missile Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Israeli Gabriel Missile and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

The Launch Pad: Gabriel III/AS: K010

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Gabriel missiles, created by Israel Aerospace Industries, are a range of anti-ship missiles that use the technique of sea-skimming, created in response to an attack on an Israeli warship in 1967. The Mark IV version is in service with the Israeli Navy while other versions are in service with navies around the world.

Last edited:
The Launch Pad Gabriel III/AS (K010) Basic Information.

launchpad.gif
The Launch Pad (TLP)

MODEL NAME: Gabriel III/AS Also known as:

NUMBER: K010

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Scale
Motor Mount: 1x24mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 30.25"
Diameter: 2.6"
Span:
Weight:

Mfg. Description: GABRIEL III/AS AIR-LAUNCHED ANTI-SHIP MISSILE (Israel)

The Israeli Gabriel III/AS is an advanced offshoot of the original Gabriel ship-to-ship missile system. The original Gabriel was a small, canister fired sea skimmer, designed to attack enemy vessels at wavetop level, making its approach extremely hard to detect. This newer, air-launched version is larger, with a range of 37 miles, and carries a high-explosive warhead weighing 331 lbs. The guidance system of the Gabriel III/AS enables it to fly so low that it must be pre-set according to the current size of the waves.

The Launch Pad's sleek kit of the Gabriel III/AS is based on a rescaled version of a Plan-Pak we first offered in 1993. Our kit version features our usual high-quality parts, clear and easy-to-follow instructions, and brightly colored metallized Mylar parachute for sure recoveries. Details have been enhanced, making this either a fine sport-flying model or an attractive display piece. Now rated for AeroTech "E" powered flights! (TLP 2012 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

tlp-gabriel%20k010-2013%20web.jpg
2013 Web Ad

Face Card(s)

tlp-gabriel%20k010-face%201.jpg

Instruction Header(s)

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also:
TRF Build Threads

TRF Applicable Threads

LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Thankyou kindly fellows ,I do indeed appreciate your comments !!!!!

I didn`t know this was here ?

Thankyou John (JAL) for posting this for me !

Sincerely yours

Paul t

WOW!

I agree with Krusty! I'm building one right now and I'll be thrilled if it turns out half as good as yours! If you can give me a few more details on those decals I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks

Back