SCALE - F-104 Starfighter Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rstaff3

Oddroc-eteer
Reaction score
Here is my H-powered F-104, which is a PMC of a 21st Century Toys snap-together kit. Who else has an F-104? (That means you, micro :))

21st_f104_06.jpg

21st_f104_07.jpg

21st_f104_08.jpg

sodfarm3132009006.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow!

:cool:

So did the wing come off at landing or did it come off during flight?

Greg

Wow!

:cool:

So did the wing come off at landing or did it come off during flight?

Greg

It loses a fin every time at ejection. It rolls over so much after burn out that it never really hits a slow spot at apogee. I need to rework the harness if it flies again. Luckily, the fins are big enough to easily see on the way down and flip around so they doesn't come down too hard.

There doesn't seem to be enough interest to start a PMC forum. They can easily fall under another forum, probably scale for most. I've been on a PMC kick lately, so here's a few of my latest builds. The 1/18th F104 was a toy conversion that a few others on here have built. Its flown on an H128. The 1/18th X-1 is a static model sold by Pegasus. I have not seen this conversion on any of the forums yet. Its flown on a G76. I've got to get started on the 1/2 scale R2D2 garbage can soon.

Attachments

• x1 pad.jpg
    x1 pad.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 72
  • x1 side.jpg
    x1 side.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 64
  • F104 side.jpg
    F104 side.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 73
  • f104 belly.jpg
    f104 belly.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 69
  • f104 pad.jpg
    f104 pad.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 64
Yep the 1/18th F104 was a great conversion. Mines a 3 D12 sit up.

But the F-104 is a great PMC conversion regardless of scale I have great flying models in 1/144th, 1/48th and 1/32nd as well.

469p1-sm_F104G_1-18th Base Construction Complete Wheels down_08-19-07.JPG

469p2-sm_F104G 1-18th Base completed Wheels Up_08-26-07.JPG

170_F104-G-StarFighter-PMC_32nd.jpg

Last edited:
Fatcat F-104 On G-80's

f104st2006g64.jpg

IMG_0941.jpg

f104.jpg

decal1.jpg

I have everything drawn up in a pdf package , parts list ,templates, instructions ,,everything needed to build one.In case I wanted to do annother.
should I post it ? ..I do not know how to contact chuck sackett for permission
but I have had a ton of requests.

I have everything drawn up in a pdf package , parts list ,templates, instructions ,,everything needed to build one.In case I wanted to do annother.
should I post it ? ..I do not know how to contact chuck sackett for permission
but I have had a ton of requests.

Any luck with this???:D

I have had a ton of requests.

Here is my request.
I'dike to get a copy of that.

Daniel

plans have been redone, not offered for sale, and not freely posted online.
hope that covers it.

so any requests are welcome via pm
( I will need an email address)

I went thru every detail and created drawings where needed , I also compiled a complete parts list.
Many things were not included in the original kit .
Now you can build one too !there's a build thread in the archives

( I sent the plans to yorf but they are way behind on uploading I guess)

lots of requests for this beauty
View attachment 88806

https://www.filedropper.com/fatcatrocketryf104

sorry about the ads and capta box ( at least it's an easy one)

the zip is too large to upload on the forum.

Post Copied to Gallery with permission

Welcome to the SCALE F 104 Starfighter Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the F 104 Starfighter and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Fat Cat: F104 Starfighter:

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

The Lockheed F-104 Starfighter is a single-engine, high-performance, supersonic interceptor aircraft originally developed for the United States Air Force (USAF) by Lockheed. One of the Century Series of aircraft, it served with the USAF from 1958 until 1969, and continued with Air National Guard units until it was phased out in 1975. The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) flew a small mixed fleet of F-104 types in supersonic flight tests and spaceflight programs until they were retired in 1994.

USAF F-104Cs saw service during the Vietnam War, and F-104A aircraft were deployed by Pakistan briefly during the Indo-Pakistani wars. Republic of China Air Force (Taiwan) F-104s also engaged the People's Liberation Army Air Force (China) over the disputed island of Quemoy. The ultimate production version of the basic fighter model F-104 was the F-104S all-weather interceptor designed by Aeritalia for the Italian Air Force, and equipped with radar-guided AIM-7 Sparrow missiles. An advanced F-104 with a high-mounted wing, known as the CL-1200 Lancer, did not proceed past the mock-up stage.

A set of modifications produced the F-104G model, which won a NATO competition for a new fighter-bomber. Several two-seat trainer versions were also produced, the most numerous being the TF-104G. A total of 2,578 Starfighters were eventually produced, mostly by NATO members. The F-104 served with the air forces of over a dozen nations. The operational service of the Starfighter ended with its retirement by the Italian Air Force in May 2004, some 46 years after its introduction in 1958 by the USAF.

Last edited:
Fat Cat F104 Starfighter Basic Information.

link_fatcat_logo.gif
Fat Cat Rockets

MODEL NAME: F104 Starfighter Also known as:

NUMBER:

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Scale
Motor Mount: 1x29mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 39"
Diameter: 3"
Span:
Weight: 34 oz

Mfg. Description: Nicknamed "the missile with a man in it", this scale model of the F 104 will attract attention wherever it is flown. (Fat Cat 2000 Catalog)

Advertising Liveries

fat%20cat-f104%20starfighter-2000%20cat%20livery.jpg
2000 Catalog

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

fat%20cat-f104%20starfighter-instr%201.jpg

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
I went thru every detail and created drawings where needed , I also compiled a complete parts list.
Many things were not included in the original kit .
Now you can build one too !there's a build thread in the archives

( I sent the plans to yorf but they are way behind on uploading I guess)

lots of requests for this beauty
View attachment 88806

https://www.filedropper.com/fatcatrocketryf104

sorry about the ads and capta box ( at least it's an easy one)

the zip is too large to upload on the forum.

Post Copied to Gallery with permission

Back